PDA

View Full Version : Opening Dsy in

easyquilts
April 6th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Cincinnati!

Batter up! Our whole region... Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana has come together today to celebrate our special day...OPENING DAY,

There 's nothing like it.... Adults skip work, kids play hooky, everyone celebrates.... There are crowds along the river, in an area called The Banks... Everyone is wearing RED....

For those if you who don't

For those who don't know, Major League Baseball started right here, in Cincinnati... We start the season... Opening Day....with its parade, celebrations, etc, it 's our super bowl, our Mardi Gras.... We love Opening Dsy!

This year we are especially excited, because we will be hosting the All Star game... A real honor...

Can you tell I'm a Reds fan?

CraftHer
April 6th, 2015, 05:49 PM
I grew up in Kentucky and I remember watching my Grandaddy listen to the Reds on a small gray transistor radio. He loved the Reds! I have some fond memories of the Reds and I've never been to a game. Have fun!

meliswan
April 6th, 2015, 06:22 PM
I'm a Rangers fan!

laura44
April 6th, 2015, 06:27 PM
San Francisco Giants!!! I used to work for them and my husband still does.
Yep, World Series Champions!!!!! Ever walk in a parade with a million people watching?
We did, several times. I would still work for them but the sun was not good for my
melanoma on my face. Opening day is wonderful!

easyquilts
April 6th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I grew up in Kentucky and I remember watching my Grandaddy listen to the Reds on a small gray transistor radio. He loved the Reds! I have some fond memories of the Reds and I've never been to a game. Have fun!

What part if Kentucky are you from? I am originally from Campbell County, and graduated from Union College, in ?Knox County.

I don't think either of my Grandaddies was a fan of baseball... But my Daddy lived for Reds games. He took me to old Crosley Field...a real ballpark. I once saw Ted Kluzuski... I know I misspelled his name. I loved that old park...

tesspug
April 7th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Did you see the ad for Hostess Cupcakes. They're decorated like baseballs, but the add says "Touchdown." Now, I don't know a lot about sport, but I do know this one.

Bjvarizona
April 7th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Got to see Mickey Mantel, Yogi Berra, and other Yankees of that era play the Kansas City Blues in KC when I was a kid. My Grandpa was a Cardinals fan and sat in front of the radio, next to his humidor (I still remember that smell). I have been a baseball fan ever since!

Kim T
April 7th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Detroit fan here! My Grandma was a huge fan and used to listen to Ernie Harwell call the game. She used to sit out on the front porch with her transistor radio too!

sewbizzy
April 7th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Sandy, that was a great win yesterday...and, yes, the Reds beat my favorite team, the Pgh. Pirates...
my Dad started taking me to games at the old Forbes Field here when I was in grade school...my favorite player was Roberto Clemente...I have so many great memories of baseball games...I used to keep score and listen to the games on the radio...

CraftHer
April 7th, 2015, 07:44 PM
What part if Kentucky are you from? I am originally from Campbell County, and graduated from Union College, in ?Knox County.

I don't think either of my Grandaddies was a fan of baseball... But my Daddy lived for Reds games. He took me to old Crosley Field...a real ballpark. I once saw Ted Kluzuski... I know I misspelled his name. I loved that old park...

I grew up in Louisville. I live in Ohio now. I'd love to go to a game buy it hasn't worked out, yet. My DH had a work thing downtown and got to go behind the scenes at the back park. He loved it.

easyquilts
April 7th, 2015, 08:04 PM
I grew up in Louisville. I live in Ohio now. I'd love to go to a game buy it hasn't worked out, yet. My DH had a work thing downtown and got to go behind the scenes at the back park. He loved it.

Yeah.. I hear it has had some great changes made.... I'm hoping to get to go to at least one game this year. Thereb reslly isn't anything quite like being there....

During the summer, I usually have the game in in the car... To me, the sounds of a ballgame, are the Sounds io Summer... Always had been.... Baseball crowds have a sound all their own....

easyquilts
April 7th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Did you see the ad for Hostess Cupcakes. They're decorated like baseballs, but the add says "Touchdown." Now, I don't know a lot about sport, but I do know this one.

Missed that one.... But... Good Grief!