PDA

View Full Version : Free pattern on Craftsy....

bubba
April 6th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Go there and search for Aurora, by Melissa Braden....it's a pretty cute looking cross body purse. I just saw it this morning....have not made it.....yet!

songbird857
April 6th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Thanks Pat... cuz like I said yesterday I NEED more patterns.... ;)

klgls
April 6th, 2015, 01:15 PM
It is cute - perfect for my DGD. Thanks for sharing!

WendyI
April 6th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I will be glad to get my machine set up after the move so I can try this. Thanks for posting.

Amy R
April 6th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Oh it's really cute. Downloaded. and I second songbird's sentiments. But hey it's a bag!!!!

Hulamoon
April 6th, 2015, 02:54 PM
That is cute. Thanks!

asta
April 6th, 2015, 04:47 PM
I must be doing something wrong, can not seem to find it.

Found it, just needed a capital A.

K. McEuen
April 6th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I must be doing something wrong, can not seem to find it.

Aurora ... by Melissa Braden | Sewing Pattern (http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewing/accessory/aurora-crossbodypurse-pdf--pattern/138975)

irishrn
April 6th, 2015, 07:40 PM
P
I will be glad to get my machine set up after the move so I can try this. Thanks for posting.

And don't forget you have a night sky quilt waiting to be made too!!!!

Hulamoon
April 6th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Pat, what interfacing would you use on a bag this size?

bubba
April 6th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Probably what they called for. I'm really liking the sf101 and have two bolts in black and about half a bolt in white. I buy it when I can get it for 50% off! You use that on the lining, makes it nice and weighty. For the outer, I think they called for thermolam, but I'd probably use 987F because that is what I have. When I am out tomorrow, I'm going to check what the difference is between the two though. You could probably even use Soft and Stable!

K. McEuen
April 6th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Hey Pat, I may be wrong, but I thought Thermaloam was for use in clothing for added warmth. When I see someone call for it in a bag pattern it always makes me wonder what they are doing with their bags.

bubba
April 6th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Hey Pat, I may be wrong, but I thought Thermaloam was for use in clothing for added warmth. When I see someone call for it in a bag pattern it always makes me wonder what they are doing with their bags.

I know!!! That is what I always thought too! I may have to look at the patter again to make sure I read it right, but I'm pretty sure that is what it said....be back in a bit!

*** just reread it, even though I'm still tired....it actually says thermalon and I have no clue what that is! #971F.

*** misspelled in the directions, it is thermolam! hmmmmm......who would want a crinkly purse?

*** I really should have taken that nap I needed! Thermolam is like 987F, just thicker. I thought it was the stuff w/the foil in it! Oh, no...that is Insulbrite!! Yes, I often speak to myself in case you were wonder!!

K. McEuen
April 6th, 2015, 09:51 PM
I looked it up too. It said "higher loft." But I swear there is one called thermo or thermal something that looks like fusible fleece and is supposed to be used in jackets. I always thought that was what people were calling for in bags and all I could think was "why?"