PDA

View Full Version : Monday - I fee like singing!

Blondie
April 6th, 2015, 06:49 AM

Hello Folksies -

Don't believe everything you read, such as my title above. I really don't feel like singing, more likely croaking. I love Spring. The weather has been cool enough for a sweatshirt but warm enough for flip flops. Yep. That's spring. I won't go into all the things I am allergic too for they are legion. When my head feels like this, I wish I had a really good reason, like a hangover from a night I don't remember. Oh wait! I do have a good reason! Everything is looking so lovely wearing their finest frippery in yellow. As in pollen. I will survive. Croaky voice, cotton head and all. I really am so happy to have seen the lovely sunshine, the forsythias, phlox, daffs, and my dogwoods are just opening up, in time for Easter. I really cannot complain.

We had a very busy weekend. No family in from out of town for this holiday (a whisper of thanks to my relations that have lots of grandkids who love egg hunts and dress up). We worked out in the yard most of last week while hubs was off for spring break. We worked in our yard, the shop's yard and Mom's. And we ain't done yet. I had to back off of Mom's big flower bed because I saw that noxious poison ivy. I declare I can look at it and it jumps on me. So, no thank you . . . I will defer that to someone who is not allergic to it. We also have our new residents - the calves are in the pasture! On Saturday morning while working in two clients, we heard some noise and went out on the porch. There running and jumping were those sweet black and white babes. Middle Son Josh woke up yesterday morning to their moo's. I am so very happy that the good looking cow man (who has a good looking woman) was able to get enough fencing done to get them in. He still has a long way to go.

We had dinner with DD yesterday. I went over after early service to help as usual. My son in law was watering at the mouth for my biscuits. I brought the flour, butter, buttermilk and proceeded to make them up. I have never been so embarrassed in my life. I did not realize until they didn't cook right that I had brought a/p flour and not the s/r. Unedible little dog turds. Rats. I am making some for him this morning to carry over so he can eat some of that delish ham on a biscuit. And then have another with some of the honey from the farm. I may just have one with him.

That's about it for us on The Hill; yet again, not a moment spent at the machine but I did do a wee bit of hand stitching. Nothing to brag about - wondering when I will have one done enough for binding.

Blessings, hugs and prayers to all. BobW, I am certainly keeping you in my prayers ~ I would've been scared to death myself! Marilyn, I am thrilled with our Bubby. What a trooper and answer to prayer. Swedish Leo, your girls are lovely and that horse is magnificent. You did great.

Don't forget to wear your smile today.

Bubby
April 6th, 2015, 07:13 AM
Morning,

I've been up an hour or so. Blondie, glad you had such a nice Easter, biscuits and all. I fixed a small ham with a few sides and made cream puffs (can you believe it) for dessert. It was a fairly nice day weatherwise.

Jeff has therapy this morning again. While there I need to pop over to WalMart for a couple items. Jeff is coming along pretty well. He has begun to do a few chores here at home, but he's a long way from being able to go back to work. He's hoping for the first of May.

Spring is beginning here, but it hasn't totally Spring yet. We are expecting rain for a few days. Maybe this will be the week I can get some sewing done.

Special prayers for our Bob and Marilyn and everyone going through trying times. Wishing everyone a happy Monday.

CarolynK
April 6th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good Morning!

Had a very nice Easter weekend but no fan fare - we did some work outside and I sewed a little. My tulips are ready to bloom and the hyacinths are about done with a little help from a slight freeze Friday night.

Off to start my new job today and am very excited. Still working for the former until they get someone hired - kind of dragging their feet, but I'll do as much as I can for them.

Blessings and hugs to all!

Carolyn

Ginny B
April 6th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Good morning. We had a nice quiet day yesterday. The girls, their dh's and the two grands came over for a while early in the day and then the rest of the day was spent relaxing with dh. We had a nice dinner of stuffed shells and then more relaxing. Just what we both needed I took today off so I get to spend some time in my sewing room. And then later today I will get to watch the Yankees Opening Day. :icon_woohoo: Let the season begin!

So off I go to make a second cup of hot tea and head upstairs and spend some quality time with my fabric and enjoy the sunshine coming through the window. Of course, the sunlight is showing just how much those windows need to be washed after this rough winter but that is for another day.

Have a great day everyone.

meemeecyn
April 6th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Good morning, Friends. Still love reading your posts, Blondie. Always puts a smile on my face. :) Things going good here in our neck of the woods. While I do check in on everyone occasionally, I don't post too much. The days come and go swiftly! Retirement is grand and being able to spend more quality time with the DH I find there is so much to be thankful for.

Sewing many scrap friendly tops for our 'swing' unit at the local hospital. Am doing more knitting/crocheting, too. Keeping the hands busy so they don't get into the cookies!

Take care, Folksies!
Cynthia

Monique
April 6th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Good Easter Monday all. A very quiet Easter weekend here. A little on the cool side. I thought Spring was coming. We are expecting snow for the next couple of days. I don't think there will be much accumulation. UGH!!!!!!

I worked on a table runner and made three rice bags yesterday. Hubby has to work today for I am hoping to get some cleaning done today.

Have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
April 6th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Holiday's over so we're all getting back to our everyday routines and schedules. Supposed to be in low 60's today so there will be some windows opened today. Like Ginny I've noticed they do need to be cleaned but that will have to wait until another day. Will also ignore the overflowing laundry basket, once I begin laundry I never get to my sewing machine.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 6th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Good morning friends! Glad to hear of every one's Easter doings! I didn't do family yesterday, since we had a gathering and big meal last Sunday. I did cook for myself, mainly because my fast food options were closed for the day!

I was hot and heavy into costume sewing Saturday, and yesterday tried out a pattern for weekender luggage pieces. I made a cosmetic bag and cut out the pieces for an overnighter bag, which I hope to work on today. I want to see just how much stuff I can put into it for travel. Blondie, next month I'm coming to your neck of the woods, because a couple of friends and I are going to Asheville to the Biltmore! I've always wanted to see that!

Hope you all have a great day!

Amy R
April 6th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Weekend went by really fast. We grilled out saturday and sunday but it was too windy to eat outside.

I'll post the crew here too:

Sophie, the big girls Kit Kat and new fur baby Norman Bates. Niko wouldn't come close to get his picture done.

I did get a good amount done on hubby's quilt. Looking forward to getting his done so I can get mine done LOL. I'm about a month or more behind.
Soph's virus seems to be moving down into her lungs she's got a cough this morning and is a little hoarse. She did sleep the whole night which was really nice.

Prayers and good thoughts for all. Hugs too.

WendyI
April 6th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Morning all. Sounds like everyone had a lovely weekend. My weekend was very rough. After a really good, upbeat week, I seemed to crash and burn on the weekend. It hit me how much I have depended on Scott for things in my life, how incredibly adept he is at doing anything and how utterly useless I am. I won't be able to lean on him for the little things like brakes on my car, oil changes, changing out my winter/summer tires, household and furniture repairs. That I've lost a huge amount of independence by no longer having him in my life. It's a really hard pill to swallow. I'm trying hard to focus on the positive sides of moving, but that's just making me scared and panicky. Smiling just isn't much of an option at times like these I'm sad to say.

So I AM at work today but it's pretty tough and I'm finding it difficult to keep the tears at bay. I am thinking of Marilyns wee man and BobW and everyone else who is struggling and trying to be thankful that my own wee man is happy, well adjusted and healthy. Love you all and hope you are having a great day. xox

ravelim
April 6th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Happy day everyone.

We had a nice relaxing Easter and the day before DGD who is19 yrs old, and I put together a bunny cake . What a fun time that was. We giggled our way through. Then Sunday her mom came with her and we threw together a feast. What fun. Watched a movie and we all fell asleep. Great day.

Grandma Nan
April 6th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Good morning peoples
I am envious of Blondie's spring flowers -nothing even close to that here yet however; I can skip the raking, not my favourite task. Thinking about those who need extra interventions this week like Wendy, Gabe and Bob and anyone else we don't know about.

We had a very enjoyable Easter with family on Saturday and Sunday. Both my kids did the entertaining this year so that was nice for me. We had my recently widowed Dad with us yesterday and i have to say he is doing pretty well. He went with us to my daughter's and he really enjoyed the 2 little ones. He went to my sisters on Saturday so we are trying to keep him busy when we can.

Looking forward to this week and do some sewing, I am finally feeling better and just kinda tired right now. Amazingly, when I sew that tiredness seems to disappear for a while. It is such good therapy.

Dull cool day here so I will do some dusting (yeah really doing housework) and then sewing. My windows are the same as the rest but they will have to wait because right now it would be a waste of time to touch them. Hope everyone has a reasonable day and that you get at least a few stitches in.

Sandy Navas
April 6th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Who knows what the day will bring? There are good times for some, bad times for some, questionable times for others. Me, I just send good thoughts, warm wishes, and special prayers. There are several friends here who are in need of special prayers right now. They know who they are - so prayers are headed your way. I pray all diagnoses are for the best outcome and continued good health!!

We have a gloomy, wet looking, froggy/foggy day here. I had hoped to get outside and do some yard work but unless the sun finds its way through this muck I'm staying inside. Guess that means I may wind up sewing. Started squaring up some blocks yesterday and have about 20 more to do for my homespun rag quilt. Remember to NEVER again use batting inside - even if it is cut much smaller. Also have a huge embroidery piece going . . . only 60,000 more stitches.

Hope everyone has a great week. Oh, and WENDY!! Are you listening? Once you get the hang of taking care of those things you won't look back!! Hang in there - you are a TIGER!

irishrn
April 6th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Morning all. Late start as I had one of those nights where I was sleeping in installments again!
The pollen here isn't helping my dry eyes and sinus! But Casey jumped up on me to wake me to go out, so I guess the day has begun!
Officially 65 today! Had a nice Easter Sunday with DH's, DD and her BF. We celebrated birthdays together as we are all so close between late March and now! Weather is bright and sunny so it should be a goo day!
Hope all in need have nothing but good days ahead!!

pcbatiks
April 6th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Good morning, friends. We had a nice day yesterday in spite of the light rain and chilly temps. Our original plan was to sit on the screened in deck at my parents house & have sandwiches together for lunch. Too chilly so we stayed indoors.....but still had a nice time.

So glad to be part of this forum.........where support, prayers, encouragement, laughs & good times are always available. :)

Carrie J
April 6th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Mornin' Y'all! Blondie, suffering with you on the "yellow fog" that's covering EVERYTHING here! I have a , ahem, "new car" EVERY Spring! Maybe that's why I'm not keen on that particular color? Very heavy fog this Morning, so glad I'm not having to navigate in it anymore.

Eileen wishing you a very, very Happy Birthday today!!!! Don't know about you, but still look around and ask, how the heck did THAT happen, ROFL! Mind is stuck at about 30ish, though the bod sure isn't!!! Gotta laugh, ya know? Sending special thoughts and prayers to many Forum members here today along with warmest cyber {{{HUGS}}}. Off for errands, then spending this gloomy looking day in my brightly lit sewing room..........making lemonade with fabric! :D. Sneeze, HONK! LOL!

MRoy
April 6th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Good morning! Easter's over, my team is out of the NCAA final four and life is returning to normal. Blondie, I got a good laugh from your biscuits...been there and done that myself. It's overcast today with rain forecasted for later this afternoon.

I haven't sewn much lately while getting ready to file taxes. That's done now so I can get back to sewing. I added the final borders to a donation quilt yesterday and I'm ready to get the backing and batting at sit-n-sew today. I've got another quilt in the works too. I mostly work on donation quilts during sit-n-sew and work on my personal projects at home. I'm ready to put some projects on the quilt frame too.

Prayers and good thoughts for Bob and little Gabe and all others who need them.

RockinLou
April 6th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Hello friends! I've been a bit MIA recently, trying to get more sleep means spending less time on the internets. This is the time of year at work where 3 or 4 big projects all converge at once, and I'm just swamped up to my eyeballs. I am slowly but surely ticking items off my lists though!! It will get done, I will survive, and in about 2 weeks I'm hosting a girls' night of Jane Austen movies and junk food to celebrate the passing of all deadlines (except the actual teaching part, which I don't mind so much when they give me a chance to do it!!) related to student narratives, conferences, literacy month and strategic planning.

As you might have guessed I haven't sewn much, last week I cut pieces for a single 12 inch block and I have *most* of it pieced, but need to square things up then join the rows and columns. I hope to get it done this week but we shall see!

I found out today that my cousin has a baby boy on the way, which is exciting because I have some boy friendly flannels stashed away at home in Atlanta. I hope to whip up something for him right quick when I get home!! Nothing like a deadline, I have 5 weeks from the day I touch that fabric to the day I fly back for Kazakhstan!!

We had a lovely and peaceful Easter weekend. My kids are really growing up to be best friends, and such unique people. 2 weeks ago I was at my wits end with our son, but sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to be able to turn yourself around. We're getting there.

And so I sign off, going to bed tonight, saying my prayers for so many of you, my thanks for all that is still good in this world and in my life, and determined to keep a positive attitude this week about my work!!

Sandy Navas
April 6th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Morning all. Late start as I had one of those nights where I was sleeping in installments again!
The pollen here isn't helping my dry eyes and sinus! But Casey jumped up on me to wake me to go out, so I guess the day has begun!
Officially 65 today! Had a nice Easter Sunday with DH's, DD and her BF. We celebrated birthdays together as we are all so close between late March and now! Weather is bright and sunny so it should be a goo day!
Hope all in need have nothing but good days ahead!!

Eileen - love the typo - we're having a goo day here, too. Al and I wound up heading to the bank and grocery shopping. We couldn't decide if we should call this rain, mist, melted snow (though it isn't that cold out) or something else. We finally decided we are living in the middle of a giant cloud.

ceiliam
April 6th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Good morning or afternoon. Wendy you will be great you. Will be surprised on what you can do. I do all those things by myself, you learn to ask questions As Sandy says you can do this... Sandy hopefully the eyes are doing better. Prayers and hugs to all those who need them and given even if you think you dont. Cecelia