PDA

View Full Version : Night Owling amongst the Spring flowers

MayinJerset
April 6th, 2015, 03:39 AM
DS#1 and his DD E each gave me a pot of pretty tulips for Easter which are sitting on the front steps next to the hyacinths DGD C gave me yesterday and I'm sitting on the steps enjoying their sweet scents.

Easter weekend went so quickly. We had Easter dinner at DS#2's on Saturday and planned a pleasant Easter Sunday countryside ride with a stop for lunch or dinner along the way. We thought we'd head to PA to check out the location of DGD E's RN Pinning ceremony which is scheduled later this month on her college campus. Should have been easy 1:30 - 2 hour ride to the campus where we would locate the ceremony building. No it wasn't as once again DH didn't listen when I told him several times that it was on the college's main campus so he drove to the wrong campus. He's not one to use the GPS but after being lost for over an hour I took it out and we finally got to the correct campus. Now the names on the buildings didn't match the building we were looking for. A college security car drove by so DH hailed him and the officer gave us directions. As we both can't walk too far we also wanted to check out how close the parking was to the building, it's an easy walk so all is good. Telling you this story so you'll understand why I'm sitting out here relaxing among the sweet smelling Easter plants.

irishrn
April 6th, 2015, 04:26 AM
Morning Mary. Happened to get up because my head is so stuffed up and my eyes really hurting. This is not the weather for dry eyes and sinus for sure!! Hot cup of tea and a hot pack around my neck helping somewhat!
Easter dinner was a success. We also celebrated our three birthdays ( DH, DD, and mine)
DH got a Kureg coffee machine ( yeah!!!) as he hasn't made coffee for himself since I retired! And since I don't drink coffee it will be nice if he can do it himself!! ( we will see??) We loaded him up with the K cups, so all is well!!!
DD and her BF gave me an LED light set for under my sewing machine. Will wait till it comes back from servicing before we put it on.
DH is taking me for an Oliso iron , yellow, this week so all in all today will be a good BD!
Weather fast improving each day. But I know the tree pollen count is very high so I'm sure that accounts for some of this allergy activity I'm having.
Congrats on your DGD's upcoming RN pinning ceremony. Another member in the sisterhood!! Please welcome her from another RN!
I think another cup of tea is in order, so I will head to make it before trying to sleep again. Sleeping on installments doesn't work for me!!! Have a good night!

bubba
April 6th, 2015, 04:36 AM
I'm just a tired, fat and happy little owl tonight. Tried not to eat too much as my tummy has been upset the past couple days. The new dessert I made did me in though....it was yummy and so easy to make! There were nine of us for dinner and I fixed a ham, potato salad and Watergate, with olives and Hawaiian rolls on the side. Every last roll got eaten....I told MM we needed two packages! The grandgirls are bread eaters, if ever I've seen one!

Tyler and his girlfriend Jamie stayed and chatted after dinner for about an hour. Whenever Tyler leaves, he always gives me a kiss (on the lips!) and tells me he loves me. I feel pretty special since he turns 20 in two months. He even does the same to MM! Guess that's what happens when you raise them the first eight years of their lives. Anyway, I always get a hug and thank you from Jamie too, but tonight she told me she loved me for the first time!!! I'm pretty sure I bounced off the ceiling!

toggpine
April 6th, 2015, 05:53 AM
We had a fabulous time at my Aunt & Uncle's place. There were nearly 300 eggs hidden for the two girls, and a few were found by the older kids (20's) too. The kids brought home everything from stickers to wind-up toys to nasty gooey egg things that look like a raw egg splatted. They feel like a balloon full of snot. I grossed out at those and Hubby thought it would be funny to put one in my jacket pocket. (He has to sleep sometime....)

We always have a good time there. My cousin has lost a lot of weight in the last two years. He's been busting his buns doing cross-fit training. He has a weakness. Gummy bears. The Harbio Gold brand to be specific. Someone found the Easter bunny packages and stuffed eggs with those. He was raiding the kids' stash or trading toys he found in the eggs for them. At one point he started with "I gotta stop eating all of this candy" phrases. After about the 4th or 5th time. I turn to find him about to eat a miniature Hershey's bar. I reached out and snatched it out of his hand as he was about to put it in his mouth. The look on his face was too much. I about wet myself laughing. "You said you had to stop. I'm just helping."
He busted up and said "I meant after that one!" I told him to consider it an intervention and he was just lucky I didn't lick it before I gave it back. To which he replied "You would! Although I'd probably still eat it." Boys! This is the kind of crazy we have at our family get-togethers!

The weather held nicely, considering it was supposed to be dumping rain by 2. Maybe it will hold off until tomorrow afternoon and I can get the lawn mowed.
Although, if it rains, I have a good excuse to stay inside. I really should run the vacuum and threaten the dust bunnies instead of sewing though. Riiight.
Well, I have rambled long enough the milk should be cooled to the point it can go in the fridge.
Catch you all on the flip side!

kimsophia
April 6th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Hoot hoot! Need to wash down a Trazadone and fall back asleep...@,@