PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eve Owl

toggpine
April 5th, 2015, 03:20 AM
I owe Magnolia that bag of carrots! At about 2 PM she delivered a set of babies. One buck and one doe. I needed to shuffle the older babies around to make room for the newbies under the heat lamp!
The buckling is a bit unusual. The Saanens are supposed to be all white. He has a dusting of grey. This coloring qualifies him to be a Sable Saanen. He is huge. The doeling is solid white and her front legs are a bit weak. She must have had her front legs tucked under her while she was baking. The tendons in her front legs are contracted a bit. She can flex them out, but they aren't quite strong enough to stay straight when she stands. They are already stronger now than they were. I'll see where they are tomorrow. I can put braces on if necessary.

I have to put the stuff together in the Easter bags for tomorrow and I'm done. I cheated. I bought the rolls for dinner tomorrow. I'll grab some smoked salmon out of the freezer and we'll be good to go.

Anyone else hanging out in the Easter Eve Owl tree?

Sweet Dreams to all of my quilty friends!

MayinJerset
April 5th, 2015, 04:18 AM
I'm here in the owl tree for a quick stop just to say Hello, my legs are really tired tonight so I need to get to my nest for a good night's sleep. Magnolia saved your day, or I should have said save your night at a boring party. Her kids are so cute and I hope the doe gets her legs working soon.

kimsophia
April 5th, 2015, 04:36 AM
Yay for Magnolia! :)

I am up as I could not fall asleep. Boy did Michigan State take a whipping in the Final Four basketball tournament. I watched Kentucky lose and that was strange.

I discovered that I have a point off kilter so I need to do some seam ripping. Does anyone know a good directions on how to repair such mistakes online? I found two that are okay but most are about sewing it right to begin with and not how to fix an error in the middle that you didn't see until know.

MomGram
April 5th, 2015, 04:41 AM
I'm here for a few. My legs are tired too, spent the day crawling around on the floor with the grandbaby. My knees are in too bad a condition for me to be doing that but, she is such a joy to be around.

Spaghetti dinner on the menu for tomorrow or maybe it's a late lunch as we are eating around 1pm. Happy Easter!!

Judy Kay
April 5th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Yay for Magnolia! :)

I am up as I could not fall asleep. Boy did Michigan State take a whipping in the Final Four basketball tournament. I watched Kentucky lose and that was strange.

I discovered that I have a point off kilter so I need to do some seam ripping. Does anyone know a good directions on how to repair such mistakes online? I found two that are okay but most are about sewing it right to begin with and not how to fix an error in the middle that you didn't see until know.

I also would like information on repairing a mistake founf midstream. I once sewed two square in the middle of a quilt in the reverse order and had to unsew a lot. Was not happy with my mistake but at leadt i found it bedore it was quilted and bound but it was at that point and i was showing it to a friend and she noticed it.

toggpine
April 5th, 2015, 12:58 PM
It depends on how comfortable you are with Y seams. If you practice those, you can rip out only the blocks, and a tiny bit farther, that are wrong and re-insert them. Double check the seams after you finish and go from there.

For the most part, I still rip the bigger seam and reset the whole thing.

Sonic
April 5th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Congrats on the new kids. I've always wanted a Sable. (shhh.... don't tell the Obers...)
Bet you her ligaments strengthen up in no time at all. Looks like big bother didn't leave a whole lot of room in the oven, but she's adorable!

kimsophia
April 5th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I also would like information on repairing a mistake founf midstream. I once sewed two square in the middle of a quilt in the reverse order and had to unsew a lot. Was not happy with my mistake but at leadt i found it bedore it was quilted and bound but it was at that point and i was showing it to a friend and she noticed it.

So are you doing a crazy quilt? I don't even know what other foundation piecing there is, in my ignorance.

bubba
April 5th, 2015, 02:31 PM
I found a four patch turned in the middle of a big quilt and it was really noticeable! I took out just the four patch and set it back it. And yet, it did involve Y seams, but it was worth it to me!

kimsophia
April 5th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I found a four patch turned in the middle of a big quilt and it was really noticeable! I took out just the four patch and set it back it. And yet, it did involve Y seams, but it was worth it to me!

It is times like this that make rag quilts look a lot more attractive to me...