PDA

View Full Version : Good Saturday morning

Monique
April 4th, 2015, 08:42 AM
A little snowy start to the day this morning. I did spend most of the day sewing yesterday. I got the tote bag finished and I will NEVER make another one like that. I had a hard time with it.

I also started a table runner. I stopped because the bobbin ran out of thread and it was coming on night time.

Today hubby, Dougie and I are going for a drive. Don't know where hubby wants to go, it will be a surprise.

Have a great day everyone. :icon_wave:

SMILE

Ginny B
April 4th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Good morning Monique. No snow here but it is very windy. Yesterday was spent hoping I got through the work day. I was hit with some nasty stomach virus or something late Thursday night and was up for a good portion of the night. I dragged myself to work yesterday anyway though because I am off on Monday and there were things I really needed to get done plus the other Admin that I work with was off yesterday. Thank goodness there were a lot of people off so it was fairly quiet and I was able to accomplish what I needed to. Came home and was in my pjs and resting in the blink of an eye.

Feeling much better this morning and feel like I can get a lot done. I need to decide where to put the things I brought back from Brooklyn with me a couple of weeks ago. Of course I also have the usual housework that needs doing and I would love to get to my sewing room for a bit too

Monique I hope you have a fun surprise drive. :) Have a great day everyone..

quiltingtrish
April 4th, 2015, 09:58 AM
A fun surprise drive in the winter? Haha, I'd have to tell hubby to take me in the Spring. The way people drive around here on the mountain roads I'd be a basket case by the time I got down our hill.

This is what I did yesterday - put my first project on my frame. I was very excited. It's a small wallhanging and the tension needs a little tweaking for the back, but it did get better as I went along. Still have to put a binding on it and I'll show the finished project later, but here is a glimpse of it. The pattern is a Disappearing 4 Patch.

Anyone have a good place to get their cone thread from? I think I'm supposed to use cotton thread and the one cone I have only comes in white where I got it from a local place, but if I want colors, where do you go to get yours? On-line works too.

Have a great day everyone and I'll check back in later!

ravelim
April 4th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone. Going to make a bunny cake today. (Real cake just shaped like bunny I looked at bunny cake and had a horrible vision of a bunny made up as a cake. ) wow my mind is going in strange directions this morning, lol.
DGD is going to help me frost it.

Happy Easter everyone and happy Passover. And anything else that is celebrated on this Sunday (I hate autocorrect, it totally messes me argh.)

Hugs and prayers.

Grandma Nan
April 4th, 2015, 10:02 AM

Hello folks
We got some of the nasty white stuff too Monique but the sun is shining so I hope it doesn't last long. Nothing much I have to do today except make a couple of things to take to my daughters for dinner tomorrow but I think I will get some sewing in.

Having a good time right now making some sampler blocks for the class I am taking with my sister who is just learning to quilt. My friend is the teacher and so she said if I want to try some other blocks go ahead because she knows i already have taken that class several years ago. I think I will make it slightly bigger and use it for a car blanket. Speaking of cars we got a new Buick SUV crossover which I am very excited about. It is much easier to get into with these old legs and back and I like sitting higher up so I can see better.

Hope everyone has a beautiful Saturday. Not sure if I will have any time on here tomorrow so also going to say have a blessed Easter in whatever way you celebrate. Also have a bite or two of chocolate. Its good for the soul.

Mpyles
April 4th, 2015, 10:14 AM
A little snowy start to the day this morning. I did spend most of the day sewing yesterday. I got the tote bag finished and I will NEVER make another one like that. I had a hard time with it.

I also started a table runner. I stopped because the bobbin ran out of thread and it was coming on night time.

Today hubby, Dougie and I are going for a drive. Don't know where hubby wants to go, it will be a surprise.

Have a great day everyone. :icon_wave:

SMILE

Me too! I am extremely challenged by it...toooooo many on the fold cuts and no guidance on how to do it...I had a yard of lining fabric and somehow didn't have enough...I am sure it's a Miscut somewhere. I am assembling today...after I get more lining fabric. But it's doubtful I will make another. The first one was really easy comparatively.

CarolynK
April 4th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Good Morning all!

I had a nice relaxing day off yesterday and got some stuff done that I haven't had time to do in a while. Today I am going to put the binding on my lattice quilt and get it finished.

No snow here and really feeling for you guys that are still in "winter weather". It will be 65 today and 70 tomorrow and through the week next week.

Happy Easter!

Carolyn

Sandy Navas
April 4th, 2015, 12:22 PM

All I need to know

I learned from the Easter Bunny!

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.

There's no such thing as too much candy.
All work and no play can make you a basket case.
A cute tail attracts a lot of attention.
Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.
Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
Some body parts should be floppy.
Keep your paws off of other people's jelly beans.
Good things come in small, sugar coated packages.
The grass is always greener in someone else's basket.
To show your true colors, you have to come out of the shell.
The best things in life are still sweet and gooey.
May the joy of the season fill your heart.
AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
Happy Easter!

MRoy
April 4th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Good morning and Happy Easter weekend! My plan today is to sew the binding on my mystery quilt. Not sure if I'll sew it down yet. I also need to add borders to a donation quilt so it will be ready to quilt. Tonight I'll be cheering on UK in the NCAA Final Four.

toggpine
April 4th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Waiting for the kiddo to wake up and the milk to finish warming.
I have a run to the grocery store planned. (Must get dog food too!)
I really should be in the barn pitching that out, but I need to go to the feed store for more bedding straw. The truck has telephone pole chunks in the back of it and I can't move them by myself. I'm NOT going to put the straw in my car. That never comes out of the carpet fibers!

I never did get to the aardvark yesterday. Maybe today, especially if we get rain.
I am hoping one of my goats decides to kid this afternoon. If she does, than I can get out of attending a birthday party for one of Hubby's friends. They are a nice enough group of guys. I just don't have much in common with them or their wives/girlfriends. I'd rather stay home and sew! Heck, I'd rather stay home and clean the bathrooms.

Milk is done, and those kids are going to want breakfast!
Have a great day & share a smile or three! C

MayinJerset
April 4th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Nice sunny morning here. This afternoon we're having our Easter dinner with DS#2 and family. When I offered to bring something DIL said, 'Just bring yourselves", That's OK with me. She asked for my tomato sauce recipe, guess we're having Italian so I think we'll stop and get some mini Italian pastries. Mmm, some mini cannoli, I haven't had one in ages. DGD Catherine and her DH will be there and I'll be giving them their queen size quilt. The colors they requested were amethyst and grey. I hope they like the fabrics I chose. Had it quilted at M* and they made the quilt look so elegant.

Tomorrow DH and I will be taking a ride of about 2 hrs. to DeSales University in PA, DGD Elizabeth is a senior there and her RN Pinning ceremony is in a few weeks. DH and I want to check out where the ceremony will be held to make sure we don't have to walk long distances. Also want to check out the route and time it takes to get there as the ceremony is at 9am. We'll have to leave home around 6 -630am, that should be fun as our old bodies don't get to functioning fully til noontime. Think we'll be better off getting a hotel room for the night before and and also book one for the night before her graduation in May.

Just in case you don't know what cannoli are here's a photo. 106233

Sandy Navas
April 4th, 2015, 01:20 PM
May - Al and I have been talking about making cannoli since there is no place to buy them around here. Now I am even more determined. But, nothing is better than fresh ones!!

Al was in NYC one time and bought two dozen to bring to me. He traveled back here with his Aunt and when they handed me the box there was only one left. They ate the rest of them on the plane.

ceiliam
April 4th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Good morning from wonderfully nice Southern utah. Hate to brag but short sleeves weather. Someone asked abt cone thread, i use superior threads, love. King Tut. Use it all the time have also used theeir metalic with no issues. WWW.superior threads.com. they even have king tut 20% off right now.
Finally got illusion.quilt pieced, back put together so ready to put together. Also have a wonderful oriental pannel done in peaches and teal, so my sister ready to quilt so have lots to do today should also work on back yard . hope all have a great day. Cecelia

toggpine
April 4th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Maggie gets a whole bag of carrots! I have two new baby goats! I'll put up photos later. I'm just in warming their milk and getting Hubby's stuff ready for his party tonight. He's going by himself or Em might go. Whoo Hoo!

Sandy Navas
April 4th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Maggie gets a whole bag of carrots! I have two new baby goats! I'll put up photos later. I'm just in warming their milk and getting Hubby's stuff ready for his party tonight. He's going by himself or Em might go. Whoo Hoo!

What a special nanny Maggie is!! She saved your sanity!!