PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday strikes with a vengeance..Again :(

Iris Girl
April 4th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Well it hit us again with a vengeance. 15 years ago on good friday we were t-boned and my pretty raspberry cavelier was totaled. Yesterday my glasses broke at work. Screw came out and lens and screw went flying. Got the lens no screw. Am blind without them. I stuffed a paperclip in the hole and tightened them to finish my shift. Hubby said when I got home lets go get em fixed so off we went back to town. Did a few errands on the way. Yay glasses fixed...but wait theres more. heading home we go to head up the hill and the car loses all power won't down shift and check engine light is on. He rolls it backwards in to a pull off spot. Call my son to come rescue us and call the garage for a tow. We are already down a vehicle as mine died late last year and has not been replaced do to financial issues (sure does suck to be poor) So now down another and I have no way back and forth to work now until its fixed. Please say a few kind words for me that it is not expensive. We really need to catch a break here. Still reeling and playing catch up from hubby being out of work for 2 years.

Kgrammiecaz
April 4th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Well that made for a crappy day. Sorry to hear. Hopefully it will be an easy fix this time. I paid my car off finally and now little things are starting to happen to the car. It is so annoying. Good that you,were able to get your glasses fixed. Cannot do anything without those.

Ginny B
April 4th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Oh no. So sorry. I hope it's something that's not too expensive. You are right, you sure do need to catch a break

Sonic
April 4th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Oh April, that just sucks.
(Sorry..sometimes ya gotta just say it like it is...)

I've been in your shoes like that and here's hoping the repairs are minimal and you get the car back ASAP!
:icon_hug:

Sylvia H
April 4th, 2015, 09:26 AM
I hope for the best for you and your family as you struggle to overcome these financial problems.

Marebear
April 4th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this! I am blind without my glasses too! Good thoughts sent for a low car repair bill and that it is easily fixed.

cmhquilter
April 4th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Sending prayers for you.

CarolynK
April 4th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Well, yep, that was a crappy day. Hoping the repairs are not expensive and you catch a break soon!

Carrie J
April 4th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Iris, that really sucks! I think at one time or another, bad times hit us all, as well as Murphy days to boot! They seem neverending, don't they? Sending you warm thoughts and prayers that the repairs will be low cost, and for catching a break soon!

LRM
April 4th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Not much good in that good Friday. My sister and her husband are in a similar situation and so I know it is really frustrating when work hasn't come and finances are so tight. Sending good wishes your way. I hope you find some comfort with this community's support.

Amy R
April 4th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Happy thoughts and prayers your way that everything turns out ok. Yuck!

Granny Fran
April 4th, 2015, 10:44 AM
We've had a date etched in memory too. What's up with that?

Sending prayers and well wishes for a quick (and hopefully cheap) resolution.

Hate it when bad things happen to good people. My mom always said the good lord just loves you so much to send you these things. My answer? Well, I wish He would love someone else for a while and give me a break!

songbird857
April 4th, 2015, 10:52 AM
YUCK.
April - first let me say that I'm very glad that you weren't on a highway when your car lost power - I'm grateful that you were somewhere that you could get to a safe spot :)
Praying that yesterday was just that - one day - and things will improve from here :) Hugs...

Sandy Navas
April 4th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Sending you hugs and superglue!!

MRoy
April 4th, 2015, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry you've had such tough luck! I hope your car problem is an easy, cheap fix.

Gina
April 4th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Sorry for the rough day you had! Hope your weekend gets better! :icon_hug:

Deegles
April 4th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Think of all the character building that is going on in your life. One day you will be able to reflect on this hard time, and see it with a different mindset.

However, I don't think you have money issues. You have a car, you have glasses, you have the internet, you have a computer, and you have a hobby you can afford. I think your life is filled with many riches, you sound optimistic and happy. Your life may have obstacles but I think you are doing it right! One days failures are the next days successes!
:icon_wave::icon_tup::icon_tup:

geegeequilts
April 4th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Bless your heart as we say here in the South. Here's hoping to a better Friday soon! Whenever rotten things happen I tell myself that I hope I survive with sanity intact to enjoy the really great something that's gonna come. Hang in there. Things WILL get better.

Gina

Bubby
April 4th, 2015, 11:56 AM
That fills my definition of a day that stinks. I hope things resolve themselves and you and Hubby get back on your feet soon. ((HUGS))

toggpine
April 4th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Sonic is right. That SUCKS!

I'll add my wishes that it's a cheap fix for the car. Thankfully it happened where you could safely get off the road though.

Iris Girl
April 4th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Well that made for a crappy day. Sorry to hear. Hopefully it will be an easy fix this time. I paid my car off finally and now little things are starting to happen to the car. It is so annoying. Good that you,were able to get your glasses fixed. Cannot do anything without those.

Oh yes did I mention we just paid this POS off and the radio stopped working. we had it out for a week and I said put it back if I have to use the car I don't want to look at a huge hole in the dash. Well I road a week with the radio always on then by some mircle it started working and all was goo til yesterday.

Iris Girl
April 4th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Iris, that really sucks! I think at one time or another, bad times hit us all, as well as Murphy days to boot! They seem neverending, don't they? Sending you warm thoughts and prayers that the repairs will be low cost, and for catching a break soon!

LOL I have said for ever that this so called Murphy lives in our house and he needs an eviction!

Iris Girl
April 4th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Well the verdict on the car seems to be the timing belt pulley that shattered and who knows if there is valve damage. Our mechanic won't know til he puts the pulley assembly in which is back ordered everywhere. We have a great mechanic so we know repairs will be done correctly and as inexpensive as possible. Worst case scenario it will need a new engine to the tune of 1000 bucks...Not good when we are already down a vehicle in this family trying to save to replace my 15 year old malibu that died last fall.
As hubby has always said if it weren't for bad luck we wouldn't have any... know will take no luck at all for awhile please. He is the pessimist I am the Original Polly Anna girl always looking on the bright side. I know I am off for at least the next 4 days. Hope to change out curtains and clothing and do some sewing in that time.

WendyI
April 4th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Awww man....I'm so sorry to hear this. Sure hope it's nothing serious! (((((HUGS))))) xox

irishrn
April 4th, 2015, 10:59 PM
I can only say I am so sorry this is happening to you! I hope the black cloud moves on ASAP!! HUGS.