PDA

View Full Version : Day two...The cleaning saga continues

sally
September 25th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Just taking a break while the floor dries. I am crazy... really! I even got onto my knees and scrubbed the floor. It brought back visions of my mom washing the kitchen floor. She had this brown mat she would kneel on...I used a blue garden weeding mat.
Once the floor dries I will apply a shine and then off to finish vacuming and dusting the living room. THEN I get to sew as my reward. 9190 Opps forgot to put on my apron and smile the whole time:lol::lol:

Sandy Navas
September 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM
But, I can see you wore your best face, had your hair and nails done, had lipstick that matched your outfit, and were humming your favorite song.

When you are finished, I can use some help!

stitching woman
September 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Could you send me some of your energy? I sure could use some, need to clean cabinets did it in the spring but need to redo. Like to do deep cleaning in fall and spring but the older I get the harder it is to get it done.

Bernice

HandsOffItsMine
September 25th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I'm tired just reading this...I'm going to the next post for some energy....Love ya!

KiltedQuilter
September 25th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Someone need to get over to Sally's house and tie her to a chair(with one arm free though so she can have a cup of tea)!
The girl's on FIRE today! :D

sally
September 25th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Finished...yeah right! I am off to the lottory store to buy the winning ticket and then I will hire someone. Ow fingers too sore to type..."worked my fingers to the bone and what did I get...boney fingers"
Bye for now gang!

bec
September 25th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Sally, you need to stop all that cleaning! You are making me look bad! :)

athomenow
September 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I had good intentions last night and now today I have cleaned the bathroom and been online. Not breaking any records here for cleaning. But boy does it need it. Too much sewing and since that room is on a different floor I just come up here for a glass of tea and a cookie once in awhile!

Smfidler
September 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Yesterday I Vacuumed the upstairs, cleaned all 4 rooms, shampooed the carpet in 2 of them, washed and folded 4 loads of laundry and then all the bedding, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher twice, dusted, played outside w my boys, and cleaned the toilets. Did I mention I had 2 iced coffees yesterday morning?!?! :lol:

sally
September 26th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Shannon it must be the coffee...I had 3 cups yesterday 1 more than my usual...
Tonight decafinated green and peppermint tea...zzzzzzz

MaryB
September 26th, 2011, 08:34 PM
I heard someone say once that after the first four years the dust doesn't get any worse. I'm working on it, I'm working on it

Alana
September 26th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Anytime you are feeling bored...come on over to my house...

Smfidler
September 26th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I think so. I forgot I also mopped the downstairs. Theres no carpet downstairs :(

tamsterg7
September 26th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Housework stinks - but I can't seem to enjoy my sewing unless the house is at least reasonably clean! My least favorite chore (which only happens 2x a year) is putting paste wax on the hardwood in our bedroom. Those dang floors are so old they suck up regular was, so I have to use car wax and then buff it with a rag - yucky - but it shore do look purty when I am done! And the bonus is when DH doesn't notice until he puts his socks and and starts to walk and then slides across the room - ha!

Sandy Navas
September 27th, 2011, 12:00 PM
And the bonus is when DH doesn't notice until he puts his socks and and starts to walk and then slides across the room - ha!

I think, if I enjoyed the laughter, that I'd be waxing that floor every day or so!!