PDA

View Full Version : It is Good Friday!

Monique
April 3rd, 2015, 06:53 AM

Good morning everyone. The start to a long weekend starts today for most of you, I hope.

I don't have too much planned for today. I was busy yesterday. I took Doug shopping in the morning and then spent the afternoon shopping with Lynda. You see, she needed fabric. And NO I did not buy any fabric at Fabricland but helped her pick some out. We went to Value Village and I picked up a king size sheet, a double flannel sheet and a twin Tinkerbell sheet for Maizyn.

Today I would like to get that tote bag finished. It really has been a challenge for me.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone. I think it will be just a quiet one here.

Grandma Nan
April 3rd, 2015, 07:57 AM
Good morning Monique and whoever else may be just getting that first cuppa. I have wiped the sleep from my eyes and can't believe I am up this early today. I don't usually sleep in but I'm usually not up this early either. I am actually on my second cuppa.

Painting in the sewing room for Grandpa and Ethan GS#1 today. He is just 10 but very conscientious and hates to make a mess so he will do a great job and Grandpa loves the help. I am making a dessert for dinner tomorrow- a new one for me with pineapple, cream cheese, cool whip and graham wafer crust. It is best if it sits 24 hours so I'll whip that up this morning. If it turns out ok I will also make another one tomorrow for Sunday dinner with a different crowd.

The rest of the day will be a combo of babysitting the GS #2 and GS#3 while DS and DIL go to a stag and doe party. I think I will make some Easter cupcakes with them to keep them away from the painting duo downstairs. I also hope to get some sewing in this morning as the painting/babysitting/cupcake making will not start until afternoon.

I can't really tell what kind of weather we'll have today as it is still pretty gray but if you smile it will be a happier day. I am looking forward to a great day with one group of the grandkids and then Sunday I will see the others. How much fun is that. Have a great long weekend and if you are travelling or even if you're not, be safe and be careful.

kimsophia
April 3rd, 2015, 07:59 AM
Good morning to all...I will be trimming quilt blocks today and maybe taking a buddy to the laundromat.

dwil23
April 3rd, 2015, 08:07 AM
Wishing all a Blessed Good Friday.

Take time to count our many Blessings, especially those we commemorate today.

I didn't get my work done yesterday, so will have to do it today. My DGS was home from school with an ear infection and DIL had work she was behind on (she works from home), so I went to entertain him. I came home, took a Benadryl and went to bed. I have a combo cold/allergy thing going on and I was miserable by early evening. I feel much better today, but, so much to do to get ready for Sunday dinner, and then back to work tonight.

MayinJerset
April 3rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
Good morning, waiting for coffee to brew so I have a few minutes. Will hopefully put finishing touches on a little quilt and cut pieces for a QOV quilt. Had so many fabrics and projects out that I felt too closed in to work so yesterday I got my sewing area cleared up so today's sewing and cutting should go smoothly and quickly.

Better remember to take salmon out of freezer for tonight's dinner , made creamy mushroom barley soup last night so we'll be set for today's meatless meals. Now if the cleaning fairy stops by and does her magic we'll be all set for the busy weekend.

Iris Girl
April 3rd, 2015, 08:54 AM
Morning all. Rainy day here today. Work day for me tomorrow also. Started quilting the diamond quilt. So happy to have seen some crocus's blooming makes feel a little better. Yesterday was a wacky day at the register. Girl trying to return obviously stolen merchandise with no receipt to the tune of close to 400 bucks. My manager said no way those items have not been sold in my store recently and with receipt we are not obligated to do a return. so moved to the next store 50 miles away and also got denied. Then I had a lady throw some embroidery floss at me because I wouldn't return after she rolled it in a ball and couldn't work with it. we returned the 6 unopened ones. Then I had the heavy breather who wouldn't talk . So yeah glad that day is done. Can hardly wait to see what today brings. Smiles and hugs for all!

CarolynK
April 3rd, 2015, 08:54 AM
Good Morning!

I'm glad it's Friday. We had a terrible storm last night with lots of wind damage from straight line winds. We escaped the worst but I think some of our outside stuff may have a new zip code. Just a county north of us and in Wichita there is a ton of damage and a friend of mine who has a horse ranch lost her arena and a barn. One of her stallions is missing also. Please pray for all of those waking up to a monster cleanup job.

Going to do some sewing today and then later try to do a little cleanup outside and hopefully find a few pieces of lawn furniture, our garbage container lid and a few other things.

Smile, hugs and prayers for all!

Carolyn

Bubby
April 3rd, 2015, 09:07 AM
Morning Everyone,

We had very bad storms all night until 5 am this morning. It's just getting light out, so I will go out and check for damage. I also have to make a flying trip to the grocery store and then back home to take Jeff to PT. I'm cooking chicken breasts for the Girls' food. Later today or tomorrow I will also make them their biscuits. I know they're not spoiled!

Carolyn, I'm glad you weathered the storm with those straight line winds. They can do devastating damage.

Today is the beginning of Easter weekend. Our weather is tentative at best for egg hunts and basket deliveries by the Bunny! I will cook a ham, fruit salad, asparagus with Hollandaise sauce and hot rolls for our Easter meal. Jeff wants me to make cream puffs for dessert and I think it sounds like a nice idea.

Wishing everyone a happy Friday.

auntiemern
April 3rd, 2015, 09:28 AM
Sitting here drinking my coffee, thinking about what the day has in store. Most of it will be long and nerve wracking, while Gabe has his surgery. It's supposed to take around 4 hrs. I have plenty of hand work to keep me busy...not sure that is going to help much today, until he is out of surgery and either in PICU or TCU. DH and DGD are still sleeping, and I need to load the van with my mountain of stuff. I am also taking pillow cases to the cancer center for Pheonix. Not taking quilts at this time, they will go in June, along with more pillow cases to the cancer center. Well, guess I need to get it into high gear, and get out of here. I have to get DD, Bubby, her load of stuff, including her crutches and wheel chair (am I having fun yet) and get us to the hospital by 9:30. I know everyone will be praying for my little trooper, and for that I am truly grateful. Hug and blessings to all.

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
Morning all. Rainy day here today. Work day for me tomorrow also. Started quilting the diamond quilt. So happy to have seen some crocus's blooming makes feel a little better. Yesterday was a wacky day at the register. Girl trying to return obviously stolen merchandise with no receipt to the tune of close to 400 bucks. My manager said no way those items have not been sold in my store recently and with receipt we are not obligated to do a return. so moved to the next store 50 miles away and also got denied. Then I had a lady throw some embroidery floss at me because I wouldn't return after she rolled it in a ball and couldn't work with it. we returned the 6 unopened ones. Then I had the heavy breather who wouldn't talk . So yeah glad that day is done. Can hardly wait to see what today brings. Smiles and hugs for all!

That was me calling . . . I forgot why I called!!

Carrie J
April 3rd, 2015, 10:33 AM
A Blessed Good Friday to all this morning.

Front is rolling in slowly, and temps will remain in the 60's, wind will pick up a tad, and most likely thunderstorms this afternoon. Easter weekend is either absolutely beautiful here, or rainy and cold. This year, it's rain/chill, feel sorry for all the Easter Egg hunts for the kids, as it will be dicey weather, and most likely if not raining, will require light coats. This Holiday usually is our calendar date for all things Spring and Summer, and the official guide for planting annuals, flips flops, shorts, longer sunnier days, and the impending doom of air conditioner usage. Why am I mentioning this, simply this..................things to be grateful for, and we have many. Though getting up waaaaay to early this morning, thanks to a boar coon and neighbors dogs, I will give thanks that I simply woke up and have another day to do the mundane, ordinary things of everyday life. Sending Hugs and Prayers to all, especially those in need.

ilive2craft2
April 3rd, 2015, 10:51 AM
Morning all. Off today for Good Friday. Hoping to get the house cleaned this morning as we are hosting for Easter and will have the niece and the nephew over for a sleepover tonight - they are coming mid afternoon - after my massage, not sure about my timing on that one! Hopefully, they will rest or nap for a bit this afternoon or help with cleaning! :) They actually love to be helpers - we make a game out of it - nothing too strenous, but keeps them busy and a bit productive.

I went for regular fasting bloodwork already this morning and am now sipping a cuppa. Think I will get the machine out today - it came home from repair yesterday and have it do some embroidering while I am running around. Got the music blasting, trying to get myself to get a move on!

We have so many things to be greatful for and this forum is one of them. Love the comraderie that we have here! Happy Easter everyone!

JCY
April 3rd, 2015, 11:30 AM
It was a dark, rainy day yest. Snow started ~4 p.m. This a.m. the grass is covered with a thick layer of snow. Maybe 1.5" from the looks of the picnic table. The sun is out! The snow will melt away quickly. It's supposed to be 70 for Easter Sunday.

Our church is having a Good Friday service this evening. There is a classic message (which I won't take space to write), but it's called "It's Friday But Sunday's Comin'". Resurrection Day! Yes! A blessed Easter to everyone.

toggpine
April 3rd, 2015, 01:41 PM
Good Morning & Happy Good Friday!

I have some errands to run and some banking decisions to make. My current bank has decided to charge for everything beginning this month. Hmmm. I don't think so. Some months I don't make enough to cover the banking fees! I'm checking out the local credit union. It's on my way anywhere as I have to drive by the local branch to get off the peninsula! They are networked with other CUs to provide a wider range of ATMs if I need one. Best of all, NO fees! They even offer a kid-friendly savings account!
I'm also going to ask about the high-deductible health savings account. It might be the answer to our insurance needs. Right now we are throwing money at the insurance company, and not getting much benefit. If I can figure out how this plan works, it might be the best answer. According to the info I read, we do have to have an insurance plan, but the difference in what we pay for the current one, and an HD one can be put into this savings account. It will be left there to grow until we need to use it for medical expenses. I LIKE that. I still had to pay full price for our last trip to the Dr. since we hadn't met the deductible yet. At least with this plan, I'd be able to pay for the office call from the pool of $ that we didn't spend on the higher priced insurance plan. Yea. Better yet, once we turn 65, any of the funds in that account can be used for anything we need, medically related or not. Sweeeeet!

Off to get the errands done so I can come home and sew aardvark feet! Have a great day and share at least one smile today!
Hugs, C

Sandy Navas
April 3rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
Off to get the errands done so I can come home and sew aardvark feet! Have a great day and share at least one smile today!
Hugs, C

What do aardvark feet look like? Inquiring minds NEED to know.

Over40momma
April 3rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Marilyn, keeping good thoughts and prayers your way on this most sacred of Fridays. {{Hugs dear one}}

This day has double meaning for me, as it is the 24th anniversary of my mom's passing. A small part of me is still sad, but I prefer to focus on the funny memories of us all together.

Today is my first day of rest in many, as I have been teaching as of late. I had to remove my youngest daughter from school for her psychological and emotional safety. For me, all clouds have silver linings, and I found a beauty in this current situation. I discovered a side of my daughter that has left me absolutely "peacock proud". She is a remarkable student and an avid learner when you remove time constraints from her. She has a thirst for knowledge that needs only the slightest encouragement. It is enthralling for me to be a part of, and to see, her response with absolutely no anxiety and smiles that reach all the way to her eyes.

Needless to say that I have had little time for quilting and sewing; but I am sure you will all forgive me my lapse.

To all of you, I wish for the following: "That He, who is the Light of the world, always shine down upon you. May His Light be the one that adds brightness to your day and will always be the Light for you when it becomes dark. "

pcbatiks
April 3rd, 2015, 04:02 PM
Good afternoon everyone. We just finished mowing and weed eating our yard and the neighbors yard. We could have finished earlier but sleep late this morning.

Cathy......you have me curious about the health savings account. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Sandy B. .......you & your daughter are in my thoughts & prayers often. Glad to hear she is thriving at home...but will never understand why the bullies are allowing to stay in school while innocent children & families have to adjust to the problem. We can tell how proud you are of her. :) Hugs to you and yours.

toggpine
April 4th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Aardvark feet are shown below. The pink ones are the finished product and the brown/camo are ready to be sewn. Machine sewing these can be tricky if you rush them. The pattern is in the background. Funky Friends Factory has some adorable stuffed animal patterns!

I brought home the info on the high deductible insurance savings account. I'll read through it and see how it might work for us. The yearly deductible is set at a minimum of $1300 for a single and $2600 for a family. I need to check our policy and then have a discussion with the agent. If it works like I hope it will be much better for us. With this program there is no "Use It or Lose It" feature, the balance continues to build until you use it. I don't know if regular banks offer something like this or not. I'm liking the credit union experience so far.

Angelia
April 4th, 2015, 01:14 AM
I can't say enough good things about my credit union.