PDA

View Full Version : The Easter Bunny came early here...............

Carrie J
April 2nd, 2015, 12:00 PM
In the form of my mail lady Donna! Over the years we've become great friends, know each others kids, the latest goings on in town and chat and share a cuppah tea if she can. Yesterday she brought this lovely package, and is always curious what I'm getting. LOL, she's curious as a cat. Wellll..........

I opened it up and was just tickled to PIECES!!! Inside was some homemade fudge (OMGGGGG!), some REAL maple syrup, homemade apple butter and dried Greek oregano, from Leah (Sonic)...........................

It was the topper to my day, and the warm fuzzies were just awesome! Hubs was salivating and told him to forget it, as he already had his bag of chocolate Easter egss, LOL!

Forum Friends, well sometimes there is just no describing how wonderful they are, and if we were ever able to get together, no telling the mischief, fun and laughter we would have over and above this site!

Leah girl, you rock, and will be thinking of you as I'm enjoying my waffles with syrup running down my chin, LOL! And no, no cavities as yet, but I have faith in the fact that YOUR fudge will give me some, ROFL! Major hugs and Thank You's!

Granny Fran
April 2nd, 2015, 12:12 PM
Am dancing in happiness with you.

Sonic (Leah) you are a great friend to have !!!!

songbird857
April 2nd, 2015, 12:13 PM
What a nice surprise!

WendyI
April 2nd, 2015, 02:05 PM
Forum mail ROCKS! Sounds lovely!

Sandy Navas
April 2nd, 2015, 03:12 PM
You be such a wild, yet deserving, friend . . . I'll be happy to make your dental appointments for you!

irishrn
April 2nd, 2015, 04:33 PM
What a nice, sweet surprise!!! Enjoy!

easyquilts
April 2nd, 2015, 05:09 PM
Woe! Worth a BIG happy Dance!

Leah... You rock, girl!

pcbatiks
April 2nd, 2015, 05:15 PM
Carrie....I would hate for you to get cavities consuming all those goodies by yourself! I'll be right over.........you know......to help......only thinking of you friend. :D

Way to go Sonic! Sweet forum mail!

Sonic
April 2nd, 2015, 05:33 PM
You be such a wild, yet deserving, friend . . . I'll be happy to make your dental appointments for you!
Sandy, I'm quite positive she needs some appointments for something far more than a dentist!! :icon_heh:....;)

I’m glad you like it Carrie and hugs right back at you! (is there any fudge left??…lol)
It’s a little bit of here, but there in TX! :D
The rome apples in the butter are from up the road (my trees had a rough winter last year) the chocolate is from Hershey PA, the syrup is made right here in our county’s own sugar shack and as you know the herbs from my garden. Again, sorry about no thymes this time. By fall I should have large jars full of all kinds of dried thymes.

….can only imagine the look on the mail lady’s face when you open a box of weird looking green stuff. :icon_razz:

If we ever do get together, there is no store or restaurant big enough to contain us… of that I am sure!!
We have to get together out in the country, here or there. Otherwise we would probably end up in the clink. (of course, it would be all YOUR fault! oink oink :icon_giggle:)

And btw..guess who was bragging on the Hunter Star ruler last night at the guild meeting to all the looooong time quilters who were too 'askeered to try it?
Yep, this girl! .....:icon_hihi:
The guest speaker was demo’ing the accu-quilt cutter some something or another and showed a HS runner she did with it. There were major ohhs and ahhss…..until everyone started murmuring about how hard it was with that gadget she was showing and to just forget the whole thing. I ended up giving out info about it.
So you my friend made in impact here...among the, um,..err...uninitiated.

pcbatiks
April 2nd, 2015, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic;713391]Sandy, I'm quite positive she needs some appointments for something far more than a dentist!! :icon_heh:....;)

Sooo funny!! Leah. I think you are right! :D

Carrie J
April 2nd, 2015, 10:59 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey Pam and Leah, I resemble that remark!!! And just WHO do y'all hang out with??? HMMMMM! LOL! And Sandy, mwahahahahaha, I love ya, but, well, errrr, I think maybe I should make my own dental appointments? ROFL!

I am relishing the fudge and carefully taking only small pieces of it, tho the inner evil twin wants to gobble that divine stuff down like crazy! The maple syrup was heavenly, and yes I did share that with the Hubs, he had NOOOOO clue what the real stuff tasted like (Aunt Jemima and Mrs Butterworth's has been his standard) and threatened him with immediate death if he pigged out on it, LOL! And regarding the "dried herb" stuff, Miss Donna and I had quite the laugh over that and said, "Ohhhhhh, the Commerce Police would have a moment of stupidity over THAT!"

Good on you on the Hunter's Star, oh that's killer on the "long timers" being askeered to try the template. I'm quite sure you had a blast with that, you go girl! :D Nice to know that what we share and learn here can open folks' eyes elsewhere. Makes me grin! :D