PDA

View Full Version : Just sayin'

easyquilts
April 2nd, 2015, 11:20 AM
You know things are reslly and truly bad when a very casual aquaintence sees your quilting room, and says...right iff the bat... "Ah! You cleaned it up!.

Granny Fran
April 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM
That reminds me......off to the sewing room to see if I can find something. LOL

Kajenkids
April 2nd, 2015, 12:05 PM
My. LQS is having a "stash to cash" sale. I've been cleaning and sorting all week!

shirleyknot
April 2nd, 2015, 12:15 PM
NO one, casual or otherwise, would ever say that about mine. I don't CLEAN in it, I QUILT! :icon_heh: It's enough that I have to sometimes clean the rest of the house.

Granny Fran
April 2nd, 2015, 12:48 PM
On re-reading, I get it....you are low on stash. That is just too sad.

GrammaBabs
April 2nd, 2015, 12:53 PM
I have a friend coming for lunch tomorrow that I used to be in a quilt group with,,, I have warned her!!!! Be sure to take any allergy meds ...LOL

Marta
April 2nd, 2015, 01:35 PM
I do a good clean of my sewing space every Friday . Main reasons are; we live near the ocean and the salt that comes wit the breezes eats away my tools, the space is small so I need it neat to work- I am not an overly neat person so I have to police myself, and my family members say that they want to be able to find me. When I decide to do a project using scraps I manage to mess-up the whole house . For the rest of the house I have a great woman who comes twice a week .

buckeyequilter
April 2nd, 2015, 01:47 PM
I am going to start using more of my stash.....yep, that's how my room is going to get cleaned.

BobW
April 2nd, 2015, 02:10 PM
I so need to clean the sewing room. I have quilting, Christmas and tax stuff out in the room. Tax season is almost over so I can put all the tax stuff away soon.

KPH
April 2nd, 2015, 02:26 PM
Don't look at my sewing room today... quilting in progress- desk pulled out from the windows and another table back there for extra support. I'm barely able to get on the computer.

Have a great day!
Katrina

Patty J
April 2nd, 2015, 03:17 PM
Seriously, you all clean your sewing rooms???:lol:

Marta
April 2nd, 2015, 03:27 PM

Yes for the reasons I stated and the plus is I always find something I had misplaced ( like last week I found 5 seam rippers). And sometimes I find things I forgot I had. It's always an adventure.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 2nd, 2015, 04:15 PM
Such rudeness! Say "no, that's how it always looks! What are you talking about?"

easyquilts
April 2nd, 2015, 04:39 PM
I am going to start using more of my stash.....yep, that's how my room is going to get cleaned.

Great idea!

easyquilts
April 2nd, 2015, 04:43 PM
Yes for the reasons I stated and the plus is I always find something I had misplaced ( like last week I found 5 seam rippers). And sometimes I find things I forgot I had. It's always an adventure.

First time I ever heard cleaning referred to as " an adventure".... (Grin)... There might be a lesson for me there.

easyquilts
April 2nd, 2015, 05:06 PM
Such rudeness! Say "no, that's how it always looks! What are you talking about?"

It was a little rude, wasn't it? I 'd expect inky a good friend...and fellow quilter to jokingly say something like that to mr.

But... This was someone I don't know well, and who has beenin my sewing space only a couple of times....

Oh well....

quiltsRfun
April 2nd, 2015, 05:10 PM
You know things are reslly and truly bad when a very casual aquaintence sees your quilting room, and says...right iff the bat... "Ah! You cleaned it up!.
Which is why no one but me sees my quilt room. :)

Snip Snip
April 2nd, 2015, 05:24 PM
I wish I HAD a sewing room!

GrandmaE
April 2nd, 2015, 05:42 PM
I so need to clean the sewing room. I have quilting, Christmas and tax stuff out in the room. Tax season is almost over so I can put all the tax stuff away soon.

Taxes ? We're we supposed to do something with them? Guess I better take a look.

easyquilts
April 2nd, 2015, 10:12 PM

Well... Not often, in my case.... Just when I finally can't find anything....

My Mom was a g rest housekeeper, as is my sister.... I was a real disappointment to my mother... I try... I reslly do"but I just can't achieve that perfect level of neatness....or any other level, to tell the truth.

I put things away...admire the neatness....then, little by little, things creep out again... I'm sure little elves come around st night, and mess things up. Don 't you agree?

SuzyQue
April 2nd, 2015, 10:23 PM
My mom worked full time, raised 4 children, and managed to sew all of 2 girl's clothes. This was accomplished because the 2 girls cleaned her house, cooked, canned, and did her dishes. It was a trade off for a closet full of beautiful clothing. My mom found great joy in the sewing and she did beautiful work. My sister and I talked about this a couple of years ago.... remembering. Then we discovered that neither of us can sit down to sew till the house is clean, dishes done, etc. I have tried to break myself of this habit, but something always needs cleaning. NO wonder I never get enough sewing time! Yet, somehow my sewing room gets messy behind my back!~

MartinaG
April 2nd, 2015, 11:41 PM
Well... Not often, in my case.... Just when I finally can't find anything....

My Mom was a g rest housekeeper, as is my sister.... I was a real disappointment to my mother... I try... I reslly do"but I just can't achieve that perfect level of neatness....or any other level, to tell the truth.

I put things away...admire the neatness....then, little by little, things creep out again... I'm sure little elves come around st night, and mess things up. Don 't you agree?

Me too. Both mom and sister are neat. Me - I am neat in a different way (funny, crazy, cool..... lol). I actually have a sign in my house that reads "Housework won't kill me but I'm not taking any chances" and another one in the entry way "Decorated by dog haid - enter at your own risk"

I think my sewing room is actually the cleanest room in the house (which isn't saying much).

Simply Quilting
April 3rd, 2015, 12:24 AM
As much as I'd rather sew than clean, the sewing area is in the living room. So it is almost a nightly chore to clean after I sew.

stitchwishes
April 3rd, 2015, 05:12 AM
They sure are sneaky little things! I keep cleaning my desk, my quilting table, and while I'm not looking it all gets undone! Last I looked they'd even piled things in front of my drawers so I can't put things away! How can we blame them though, fabric is just so irresistible.