PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning, I think

Blondie
April 2nd, 2015, 07:37 AM

Hiya Folksies
I don't know where I lost a day at but I sure enough did. Actually, since hubs is home for spring break, I can't catch a break. Not that this is a bad thing. We do work so well together. The only reason I can sit on this thing at the moment is I have to work this morning at the salon. I had to check my emails for appts, sip my coffee and in general, wake up without running around getting him off to work.

Told you all that to tell you that I may be offline the next several days. If'n I don't make it back in here it is because I closed the door to the computer room to not be tempted. I will be outside doing the clean up as long as the sun shines. I may even hang another load of wash on the line. Oh how I love spring!

Blessings to each one here. Special joy and hope for those who celebrate Easter (or as my family calls it Resurrection Day). Prayers for our dear ones here. Hugs all around and of course, you know SMILES are never optional. Just go ahead and smile. Now, there. Doesn't that feel better?

kimsophia
April 2nd, 2015, 07:45 AM
Enjoy the gardening! I have three daffodils in a vase now! Yay, spring! :)

I actually slept some non-Night-Owl hours last night, from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m., so I am going to be able to attend some "normal hour" duties.

The orange Kaffe quilt is still going well. The Elmer's glue trick is a marvel for getting points to match. And that vinyl edge keeps the fabric right at a scant quarter inch.

I wanted to post a link to a "Today in Iowa" segment about a 106-year-old quilter but they don't have it on the KWWL website. She charges $30 for a quilt and gets the supplies donated. She's still got it! :)

Vonnie
April 2nd, 2015, 08:18 AM
Blondie - you saying your family calls Easter "Resurrection Day" reminded me of a joke DH read on another forum.

A minister asked his congregation if any one knew what Resurrection meant. A little boy raised his hand and said "I know if it lasts longer than 4 hours you need to call a doctor."

Was it Bill Cosby or Art Linkletter that said "kids say the darnest things!"

I know I have been embarrassed more than once by my kids!

Everybody have a nice day. I will be staying inside out of the rain and quilting.

Kimsophia - can you tell us more about the vinyl edge?

Monique
April 2nd, 2015, 08:25 AM
Good morning. I will try and fill in while you are away gardening. Have fun. We have snow and freezing rain this morning. Hooray!!

I got out shopping yesterday and stopped by Denis' store as well. I bought some fusible fleece for this darn tote bag I am attempting to make. Another tester and it is becoming a bugger to do. I don't know why this one is giving me such a hard time. I also bought some coordinating fabric for another project I want to do.

Today I was invited to another shopping excursion to Fabricland with a friend who need to buy some coordinating fabric for the T-quilt she made from Jenny's tutorial. She used batiks. I will try and get a picture for you.

I am off to have breakfast with Dougie and get to Giant Tiger. Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
April 2nd, 2015, 08:28 AM
Good morning all. Sunny here again today. :) DH and I took our first evening walk in a long time last night. Really enjoyed it. Don't think we will get another one in tonight because after work we need to do a quick shopping trip to Target or somewhere to finish up getting what we need to fill the grands Easter baskets. Took a quick turn about the front yard/flower beds to see what was showing up and I have some crocus blooming and the tulips (the ones the squirrels left there) hyacinths and bunches and bunches of daffodils are proudly up above the ground and will be showing off their beauty soon.

Blondie, enjoy being outside. Maybe Saturday I will get to play out there for a bit too.

Have a great day all.

buckeyequilter
April 2nd, 2015, 08:38 AM
VACATION DAY!!!! WOOHOO

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

irishrn
April 2nd, 2015, 08:47 AM
Morning all! Waiting for Casey to come back in before I hit the shower and then off for fasting labs! Having my tea black this am. Sure miss my sugar and milk in it!!!
Decided yesterday was not a painting day, just clean up. But I ended up doing a thorough spring cleaning to the dining room including washing up the light fixtures, hung pictures! All that's left is the windows today! Rehung the closet doors I finished and lined all the shelves in the kitchen till I ran out of liner. ( it kinda reminded me of quilting; measure twice, cut once and repeat!! Managed to get 5 cabinets completely done!
Since I can't do anymore painting till the week of the 13th I'm free to hit the sewing room in my spare time!
Oh and DH has decided to buy me anything I wanted for my BD so I chose an Oliso iron. I'm going for the yellow one next week when we head to town for doctors appointments!! Yeah!
DH just got up so I can hit the shower and he can let Casey back in!
Have a great sunny day!!!

KPH
April 2nd, 2015, 08:53 AM
Good Morning!

Plans were meant to be changed, and sometimes it's for the best. Got a call from my youngest son's best friend last night. He was upset to the extreme. He'd gotten a letter about his disability being cut off in a short amount of time if he didn't get in to file an appeal.

He and his mother have been living on his small disability since she has become medically disabled. Her disability is in the works, but hasn't kicked in yet. Without his meager check they literally would have no income at all.

Anyway, he called to see if my son could take him downtown to file the appeal. I was like, of course he can. Why on earth would either one of those two think pinning a quilt would be more important? The quilt can wait, his friend's family is more important!

Right now, I'm crossing my fingers hoping his appeal goes through, that he'll be approved for a training program and find a part time job, that his mother's disability pay issues get taken care of.

We're blessed, even in our stressed conditions with mom.

Katrina

Iris Girl
April 2nd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Morning all! No sewing yesterday...too many things going on car at shop for recalls took longer then expected then off to town with son for some sunglasses and fabric shopping then pizza to bring home for dinner. By that time I was too pooped to sew coherently. We did manage our first after dinner walk of the season. Was nice but still everything so dead looking with gobs of snow everywhere. Nothing even trying to sprout their scared heads above our soil yet,hope to see some signs of flowers coming up soon. Another day of work for me as well as tomorrow. Not a fan of Good Friday as we had an accident that day 11 years ago that totalled my pretty raspberry colored cavelier. Work Sat also , so no time for any dinner arrangements for Easter as I will be food shopping that day. Its only hubby , myself and the 2 boys so no biggie. Sucks having no family left. Have a great day all and hugs to all in need.

MayinJerset
April 2nd, 2015, 08:58 AM
These days of sunshine have been brightening up all of our lives, so welcome after so many grey, cold and snowy days. Sorry Monique that Spring hasn't reached your area yet.

Need a coffee refill then back here to my computer and desk to take care of paper work I've put off all week, namely bill paying and tracking packages I sent last week. Keep that Sunshine Mood Everyone.

MRoy
April 2nd, 2015, 09:16 AM
Good morning! I'm still sipping coffee while a load of laundry is running. Today is guild sit-n-sew. It may be a rainy day so it will be a good time to be inside sewing with friends.

CarolynK
April 2nd, 2015, 09:30 AM
Morning all!

Blondie, have fun! I must have missed a day too!

Still working today because they haven't hired anyone for my current job so I'm doing contract labor. I'd much rather have the time off but just can't leave the office go downhill with payments coming in and March financials to do today.

Yesterday I picked up my lattice quilt from the LQS and they did such a nice job quilting it. When I brought it in, I told them just to do "something floral". It's really beautiful. I will post a picture later after I get the binding on it.

Have a great day!

Carolyn

Navy Wife
April 2nd, 2015, 09:35 AM
I'm back in Tennessee after the winter in Florida. We got in on Sunday. I'm glad to be back in my house instead of the RV. It was getting a little too warm in FL!

It has been beautiful since we got back. It's warm and sunny, yet cool in the mornings. But the rain is arriving today along with winds. I think I will stay home and work on downsizing my stash. I have way too much stuff! Also need to finish a baby quilt for Matthew who arrives next month.

Tonight I'm going to visit my former next door neighbor. Her husband died yesterday, so it will not be happy visit. They moved to assisted living a few years ago, but we visit about once a week or more. She has breast and bone cancer, and has chosen not to treat it this time. She is 86 and I think she is just tired of living.

Amy R
April 2nd, 2015, 09:41 AM
Morning! Last two days have been a blur of sunshine, soph's tricycle riding and trying to get our new fur baby acclimated. (we adopted an adult kitty from humane society) Kit Kat hates him but we're introducing slowly.
Sophie is enamored with her new kitty friend. She was singing to him on the ride home. I can't wait til he can run free in the house.
Not sure where I left off with updates here, Kit's bloodwork shows that he most likely has IBD which is pretty treatable despite expected flare ups. I'm looking into home cooking food, so if anyone has experience with it please pm me.

Hubby and I need to play musical car again so I can take poor Soph to the minute clinic. She has an obvious sinus infection, started all of a sudden yesterday. I'll spare the graphic details... it's gross. lol

Work is still going into hand quilting hubby's quilt. (what was I thinking?)
Our internet has been shutting off at 820 the past 3 nights so even earlier than usual bed time. I blame that LOL.
It just shut off again and there's a storm so off I go turning off and pulling plugs.
prayers and happy thoughts of peace and comfort to all.

ravelim
April 2nd, 2015, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone. Just thought I'd pop in to say hi. Been trying to quilt but that only comes after my exercise. Lately that seems to be difficult.

My next door neighbour has daffodils up on the south side of house. My tulips are coming (at least the ones our squirrels have left) along with irises. No snow piles ands we had a big thunderstorm last night. That's spring to me.

Have a great day and prayers and hugs to all who need them. My DIL always says everyone deserves a hug. I think she's right.

Sandy Navas
April 2nd, 2015, 09:47 AM
The best laid plans. BUT, we got some very much needed rain overnight. Al and I bought a bunch of mulch and worked on the front entryway yesterday - didn't get it all done because there's a tremendous amount of winter clean-up that needs to be done. Thought we'd get back to it today, but with the ground soaked I think I'll beg off and maybe . . . S E W!!

And then the dreaded afternoon at the eye doctor's. By the time we started to hit the bed I was seeing better and seem to be pretty back to what I've learned is my new 'normal'. Meaning I can see without having to enlarge the screen to 100X magnification.

Sure hope everyone has a wonderful day and knows that life never deals you more than you can handle.

Keep smiling!!

Grandma Nan
April 2nd, 2015, 10:19 AM
Good morning everyone
Well this day is starting out very dull and gray and I have not been outside but it is supposed to get up into the 50's or low 60's so that will be very welcome although tomorrow is supposed to be chilly again. This is Maple Syrup season in Ontario and in order to make syrup you need warm days and cool nights so that the sap goes up and down in the trunk of the tree. Hasn't been a terrific season because our days haven't been warm enough for the sap to run. My cousin makes syrup and believe me it is liquid gold and so good.

I went to our Guild meeting last night and we had a very interesting trunk show from a woman, Valerie Miller (QuiltedCovers), from Renfrew (Denis' neck of the woods). She has a very creative mind and does some lovely work. We are also preparing for a large quilt show in Kingston in June. Should be fun and it is our major fund raiser for the guild.

Seeing I am not making Easter dinner I have a little more time so I expect to be sewing and vacuuming. I have several projects to work on so it will be a quiet day. I did get most of the housework done except for vacuuming so I will finish that off today. I am looking forward to just staying in today. I am still trying to get rid of that last of the flu. I hate to keep complaining about it but it really brought me to my knees and I am still not back to normal as far as my energy. Old nurses make the worst patients.

I'm just going to enjoy my day and who knows maybe take a nap and hope for the sun to shine and take away the last of the snow.

Simply Quilting
April 2nd, 2015, 10:25 AM
Good Morning! It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday. This morning we woke to rain over night (which we really needed) and everything has really greened up after the rain.

I am babysitting again today. I am hoping to get some more sewing done sometime today.

{{{HUGS SANDY}}} Continued prayers for you.

For those traveling this weekend, prayers for safe travels.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

Panda
April 2nd, 2015, 10:29 AM
Enjoy the gardening! I have three daffodils in a vase now! Yay, spring! :)

I actually slept some non-Night-Owl hours last night, from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m., so I am going to be able to attend some "normal hour" duties.

The orange Kaffe quilt is still going well. The Elmer's glue trick is a marvel for getting points to match. And that vinyl edge keeps the fabric right at a scant quarter inch.

I wanted to post a link to a "Today in Iowa" segment about a 106-year-old quilter but they don't have it on the KWWL website. She charges $30 for a quilt and gets the supplies donated. She's still got it! :)

Kimsophia,

I posted a link last night that was from my local news about the 106 year old woman that quilts. It sounds like your news gave more details. The thread is titled 106 year old that quilts.

Kathy

tnmtgrl
April 2nd, 2015, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone...it's 9:30...my 2 loads of laundry are done, I have picked up the fur baby toys, straightened the house...I might even tackle the bathroom...by that time my DH will be done mowing off the dog pen and we can get back to work on my quilting shack. I even have dinner done because I made a big pot of stew and home made rolls yesterday so leftovers tonight!!

WendyI
April 2nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
Morning all!!!! Just a quick howdy then I'm off to a meeting. Going to be a busy day today at work and I'm glad! Makes the day go much faster! I'm finally looking forward to my weekends. Just sold some furniture so now have enough $$ to buy a garage door opener for my place. I'm excited to be able to actually park in a garage! Well once I sell my truck and get a car...truck is WAY too big to go in there! lol.

Going to Costco with a friend and then shopping for some clothes for my mom who is in a nursing home. Have to dig out the loveseat that I sold from the garage and give it a good clean...Lysol wipes work SOOOO good on microfibre! Might actually go to a dance on Sat. night...haven't really decided yet. Then dinner at a friends on Sunday...and of course packing. MUST get more of that done or I'm gonna be in trouble!

Hoping you all have a wonderful long weekend! Sending so much love and hugs to those in need!! XOX

Carrie J
April 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Good :D Morning All! Very overcast again here today, but loving the temps, all the windows open day and night! Makes for a great day, even if it is cloudy. Morning walks are just lovely, and sooooo glad to get back into the "great weather" routine. Hoping my backing will be in today, Otherwise, it's off to the next top! Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them.

Plentziana
April 2nd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone here and itīs five in the afternoon, and in my country on Thursday and Friday are public holidays so my husband and I have been walking and enjoying a wonderful sunny day, morning and granddaughters go with their parents to visit his paternal grandfather and uncles and cousins we will have lunch at another city that is very close called Santander and eat and spend a quiet day watching beautiful landscapes, I hope everyone has a quiet and pleasant days.

ceiliam
April 2nd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Morning all have fun cleaning Blondie. Sandie hoping the best for you.hoping to lay out illusion quilt sometime this week . Fell out of bed last nite, think its med I take for back, it effects. Me. I hurt my wrist.it really aches, if does n. Ease up may have to get checked out

toggpine
April 2nd, 2015, 01:42 PM
I need to decide what I'm doing for the kids for Easter. I saw a cute idea for making a small Easter basket using the theater-sized boxed candy to construct the basket. I have some cute stuffed animals for the basket. The kids don't really need the candy, so maybe I'll just make them a tote bag instead. Arrgh! Decisions!

Maybe I'll just go play with the goat babies instead!

auntiemern
April 2nd, 2015, 02:09 PM
Having a hard time getting motivated today. Had to go back to Dr. yesterday so they could put me on a different antibiotic. They threatened to put my butt in the hospital, and I just had to tell them that wasn't even an option. Ha Ha...they told me to rest, and take care of myself. I will do that later, right now I have to pack for my 4 days at the hospital, do a little laundry, and go to the store to get DH stuff that is easy for him while he has his little buddy still attached.
DD' s friend (since HS) that was helping take care of her and the kids went psycho Monday evening. So we had to make arrangements for my oldest GD for the week end. Finally got that worked out. Youngest GD is going to her other grand parents until Monday.
This time tomorrow I will be sitting in the OR waiting room while my little man is having his surgery. It is supposed to take about 4 hrs. Please don't forget to pray for my Bubby. I truly wish it were me going though it, than him. It just is so unfair that he has had to go through so much in the short amount of time we have been blessed to have him. He doesn't remember all of the other surgeries...but I think he is old enough to remember this one.
Off to get busy...Hugs and blessings to all....prayers for those in need.

Don't forget to wear your blue ribbons...April is child abuse awareness month.