PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday right?

Monique
April 1st, 2015, 08:07 AM
Good morning dear friends. Blondie must be busy this morning.

I did not sleep well last night, with crazy stupid dreams (shaking my head).

What did I do yesterday, you ask? Well, I got all the pieces cut out for another tote testing. I am really taking my time with this one and it seems to be giving me the hardest time. Don't know why that is. I will not be working on it today as I am going shopping with my friend Bonnie. Maybe fabric shopping? Maybe a stop at Denis' store? Maybe, maybe.

So that is what my day is shaping up to be. Yesterday was Maizyn's birthday and she was pretty excited because she also got a bike and she was driving it around the house and bumping into walls. And she laughed and laughed. (They NEED to take her outside). Holy man, I can't be there every day (as much as I would like to be).

All this talk of new babies to come makes me a little green with envy. I always envisioned myself with an army of grandchildren. But I shall love the ones I have to the moon and back.

Have a great day friends and smile today and be thankful for what you have.

kimsophia
April 1st, 2015, 08:18 AM
I'm gonna smile and be happy because a nice lady sent me some teal fabric! :D

Simply Quilting
April 1st, 2015, 08:47 AM
Good Morning! I'm up extra early this morning after a short night. I am babysitting two sweet girls today. As I sit here typing to you, the cat just came out from her sleeping place. She is looking at the girls who are sitting on the couch with the utmost caution - not really sure what to think. I never even thought that the cat would be cautious around little ones but then again our youngest is not that little anymore.

I started cutting out orange slice last night. I have decided that it would be easier to cut it using a smaller rotary cutter than the 45mm. So I put it away as I don't have a small rotary cutter. It is now on my shopping list. I moved on to sewing a jelly roll with fabric that I bought last year.

Have fun on your shopping trip Monique.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone :)

buckeyequilter
April 1st, 2015, 08:50 AM
Good morning....

I sure wish this weather would warm up just a little bit.....it's 30 here, this morning. This is what I'm wanting to see:

We got a new baby in family, last night. He wasn't due until May 11. He's doing good, no oxygen or anything - 4.2 lbs. Of course his quilt isn't finished so I will be getting that done and sent to them ASAP. As little as he is, he will probably need that quilt - even in South Carolina.

I got the borders ready to put on the hummingbird quilt so I will get that done and get it on the frame and quilted, this week-end.

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!

Have a great day.

Bubby
April 1st, 2015, 08:56 AM
Morning Everyone,

My trip to Cuba yesterday went well. I got back home around 1 and had plenty of time to get some housework done before dinner. This morning Jeff has PT and I think I will just wait in the truck for him and read. I need to make biscuits for the Girls and cook meat for their meals. I cook a large quantity and shred it and package it for the freezer. Yes, they're spoiled to the bone.

There have been so many gorgeous 'finishes' here lately. I haven't produced a single item all this year. Right now I'm working on a quilt to be raffled off at the benefit for our neighbor who had a severe stroke. My quilter Reggie is leaving for two weeks on vacation mid April, so I will quilt it myself on Jewel.

Charyti, you are correct about using a smaller blade for cutting the Orange Peel pieces.

Great news from Ryan and Tabatha!!! Another forum baby for us to ooh and aah over!

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday.

irishrn
April 1st, 2015, 09:02 AM
Happy Wednesday, happy April Fools Day and the first day for my Medicare!!!
In a few days I'm officially 65! I've paid my last high price for medications! Yeah!!!
In celebration I have decided that today will be a clean up day. Yesterday's painting really put my arms into the achy zone! Working up over my head is never a good thing for me so I'm taking a break. Once I hang the cabinet doors back up I'll put the paint can away till after Easter! I'm not done yet but the fibromyalgia is saying " take a break!!" So I will! DD and her BF are coming Sunday for Easter and to celebrate our three birthdays ( DH, DD, amd me) so half a painted kitchen will be just fine!!
I hope everyone finally gets the spring we've all been waiting for! It has been a long winter for so many!!

Sandy Navas
April 1st, 2015, 09:48 AM
I am so excited. Finally, finally, finally. Won the Mega-Millions. Off to see about collecting all that cash! WOW, WOW, WOW.

WendyI
April 1st, 2015, 09:53 AM
Monique sounds like Maizyn is a very happy wee girl. Shirley...can't wait to see tulips around here...got a ways to go yet! Eileen, good for you for not over doing it! Hope you took before and after pics of this massive painting project you are on! I want to see! LOL!

Had a nice evening last night with one of my new friends. She's quite a bit younger than me and also going through a divorce but her ex is abusive and she is struggling. I'm so glad I can help her along. It helps me to help others. Liam loves her too. Going to a support group meeting tonight and we're supposed to have lots of new members. Lots to do at work today so sending love and hugs to all who need them...and maybe even one for me! xox

WendyI
April 1st, 2015, 09:54 AM
LOL Sandy! I forgot to get my son this morning! DANG!

Grandma Nan
April 1st, 2015, 10:04 AM
Wow its Wednesday all ready!! Well I have to go out to the grocery store and get something to make something for guild tonight. I am in the group to provide food and help out with whatever needs to be done this month. Our guild is fairly large (about 100).

I am still struggling with getting over this flu- I find that I do very little and I am exhausted but yesterday I hardly took any tylenol, and no big coughing spells and I slept well last night so I am h o p i n g that this is a sign that the tiredness will soon be over. I am also getting the Easter treats today for the kids-big and small. My daughter is going to make the Easter dinner so we are going to travel to Petawawa Ontario on Sunday for Easter. I'm trying out a new recipe and bringing dessert- it has crushed pineapple, cream cheese, cool whip and graham wafer crust. Sounds yummy and springy.

Supposed to be spring warm tomorrow here so I am looking forward to that. We still have snow so that will help get rid of the remaining white stuff. Again, I ask the question, why did my ancestors settle here? Couldn't they have gone further south 'cause I really am a Southerner at heart. I hate these long winters even though I was away for a month.

Have the best day you can have depending on what is on your plate. Try to find the silver lining and whenever possible smile. I know that some are facing big challenges and my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Sandy Navas
April 1st, 2015, 10:18 AM
LOL Sandy! I forgot to get my son this morning! DANG!

Wendy, it will be more fun tonight when he thinks you've forgotten all about pranks!!

MayinJerset
April 1st, 2015, 10:51 AM
Sunny day today, deck is wet so we got rain overnight instead of the snow northern Jersey got which is A OK with me. What's up for today? Hmm, DH needs to drop his van off at the shop so I'll be driving over there to pick him up. Trying to think of what we could do while we're out.

Later at home I'll keep trying out fabrics for a QOV quilt. Don't want to do a red, white and blue one but can't seem to come up with a good combination of 'masculine' looking fabrics. Doesn't have to be a really bright look, a quiet look would be good but combos I've come up with so far have been dull looking. I don't mind making the search but do mind having to use time to clean up the mess when I'm anxious to start cutting and sewing.

Claire Hallman
April 1st, 2015, 12:09 PM
I think some gold, beiges and greens could be very masculine and good for QOV.

I am not getting much done due to a croupy cough but my mind is working away at what to do next.

I am very glad that it is Wed so it is Mexican food with friends tonight and I don't have to worry with cooking.:D

I hope everyone has a great day, Spring is here and is on the way everywhere.:icon_happy:

Carrie J
April 1st, 2015, 12:16 PM
Happy April Fool's Day y'all! No pranks here, well at least not until after coffee! Yesterday was massive yardwork with the yard guy. With thunderstorms predicted, it was get it all done time. The weeds (seeds carried by that pesky W/NW wind, we had a bumper crop this year) Weeds are evil, they can twine in the MOST hard to reach spots, and grow like Jack's bean stalk! Even got the bedding plants in, mulching done and it was a joy to just walk around look at how pretty it was afterwards. Yeah, afterwards, I was pooped, but happy, Supper consisted of soup and sandwiches and then falling asleep in my chair after watching "The Dovekeepers". Sewwww today, it's back to the machine. Weatherman goofed up again, no overnight thunderboomers, they keep upping it a day..........pfffft, but this time the yard and flowerbeds are prepared to receive all that great moisture. Now I can return to sewing, without feeling like my house is messy, LOL! Hugs and Blessing to all, especially those that need them! :D

Iris Girl
April 1st, 2015, 12:18 PM
Was up and at em early today. Hubbys car had a recall on it so I got to take that had to be there at 8am. Back from that son wants to do pizza for lunch/dinner. Works for me my day off no cooking and hes buying. So will be heading out for that in a few and a stop for new shades for him and his brother at gander mountain and a quick stop at Hobby Lobby for me.We got snow/ rain/freezing pellets last night and all was frozen on the car this morning. All clear now and sunny...maybe we will make it to 45 degrees today. Spring where are you?
Hugs to all in need.

toggpine
April 1st, 2015, 02:19 PM
It's Hubby's birthday. (No joke.) He asked for an aardvark. Really. A few years ago I made one for Emily & I also made one for me. A few weeks ago we were having some conversation and as he was going to bed, he said "Maybe someday you'll make me an aardvark." I have no idea why or where that came from, but guess what. Your aardvark is under construction buddy! Now to hope I can finish it by this evening!

I have a gal bringing her baby goats over to have them disbudded this afternoon. That will cut into my time a bit, but the cash will be nice. I'm taking us out for dinner! Whoo hoo! A gift for me! No cooking, no cleaning up!

I hope you all have a spectacular day, and be careful, there are all sorts of hijinks going on out there!

KPH
April 1st, 2015, 03:58 PM
Good Afternoon,

Celebrating my "I'm a retired school teacher anniversary" today. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if I miss it. I miss the kids... not the garbage that goes along with it. From what I'm hearing, there's even more of that than there was when I left!

Shopping was on our list today as well. Went to a local thread shop and picked up thread for the two quilts I'm working on. Got the groceries in for another week, a trip to Walmart to pick up Mom's juice varieties that she likes and Lowe's to get pvc pipe to use tomorrow when I go back to my house to pin Jim and Morgan's quilt.

Mom finally got to sleep after 2 this morning and was up before 7. Tomorrow will be busy with her CNA, RN, and Chaplin coming to see her. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some quilting done in the in between times.

Have a great Wednesday! Happy April Fools.

Katrina