PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

HandsomeRyan
March 31st, 2015, 06:46 PM
I am excited to announce that Sawyer [aka: Wiggles] is going to be a big brother!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/3f13246a-9450-4411-a467-266c79c7a762_zpsctda6agz.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/3f13246a-9450-4411-a467-266c79c7a762_zpsctda6agz.jpg.html)
Not much to look at as the baby is pretty much a gummybear with no real arms or legs yet.

I'll go ahead and answer the pressing questions:

Yes, this one was planned. We wanted 2 kids about 2 years apart and that's what we'll have.

The baby is officially due in November but may be a late October baby since they schedule the c-sections a little early.

Sawyer and the new baby will be ≈21 months apart. We tried to tell Sawyer he's going to be a brother but he's 13 months old and has no idea.

Tabatha assures me this one is a girl. She assured me the last one was a girl too and I have a beautiful baby boy. 12 more weeks until we will know for sure via ultrasound.

If it is a girl, she'll be Daisy, if it is a boy probably Myles.

Tab wants a girl. For practical reasons (read: hand-me-down clothes) I think a boy would be more convenient but I truly do not care about gender as long as the baby is healthy and doesn't decide to arrive in the middle of a snowstorm like the last one did.

I can't think what else you might want to know but if you have questions I didn't answer feel free to ask.

We told the grandparents by having Sawyer wear a shirt reading "BIG BROTHER". My mom and Tab's dad got it right away. I thought we were going to have to spell it out for my mother in law though. Tab's adopted 8 year old brother saw the shirt but didn't understand what it meant so Tab's mom whispered "Tab has another baby in her belly" to him and he got embarrassed, threw his hands up and said, "Oh, you guys!" then went in the other room to play with Sawyer.

Doloris
March 31st, 2015, 06:52 PM
Congratulations. Another forum grandchild for us all to love !!!

Angelia
Congratulations!

Swedish leo
Congratulations!

LRM
March 31st, 2015, 06:53 PM
Congratulations! What exciting news. I'm sure Sawyer will figure it out by the time the baby comes. Wishing you and Tabatha a healthy pregnancy!

Monique
March 31st, 2015, 06:55 PM
That is the best news. Congratulations to you all.

Sandy Navas
March 31st, 2015, 07:00 PM

Is this Sawyer giving his input?

CONGRATULATIONS. Don't forget, I warned you.

Terry L
March 31st, 2015, 07:05 PM
Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see the new quilt you'll be making :)

soul60s
March 31st, 2015, 07:07 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_woohoo: :icon_woohoo: :icon_woohoo:

Sonic
March 31st, 2015, 07:08 PM
Congratulations Ryan and growing family!! How exciting!!!

For practical reasons (read: hand-me-down clothes) I think a boy would be more convenient

Haha, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this when considering another child. :D

KPH
March 31st, 2015, 07:19 PM
congratulations! Such exciting news!

FabStripper
March 31st, 2015, 07:23 PM
Congratulations! Babies are such blessings. I hope her pregnancy is easy and quick, and of course, baby arrives in good weather. What about a nickname for this one? Wiggles and ?????

K. McEuen
March 31st, 2015, 07:26 PM
Congrats! Might I suggest November 2nd? ;)

BTW, my girl wore hand-me-downs from her male cousins just fine.

YellowCockatiel
March 31st, 2015, 07:31 PM
Congratulations!

HandsomeRyan
March 31st, 2015, 07:36 PM
Congrats! Might I suggest November 2nd? ;)

BTW, my girl wore hand-me-downs from her male cousins just fine.

Nov. 2 was my Dad's b-day too.

I'm not sure how my wife will feel about out hypothetical daughter wearing this: https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5713727/il_214x170.241029662.jpg

Doloris
March 31st, 2015, 07:38 PM
Congratulations! Babies are such blessings. I hope her pregnancy is easy and quick, and of course, baby arrives in good weather. What about a nickname for this one? Wiggles and ?????

Wiggles and Giggles

sewluvit
March 31st, 2015, 07:40 PM
Congratulations Ryan, Tab and Sawyer! We kept things convenient by having 5 girls, lots of hand me downs, got a lot of mileage out of clothes and toys.

cyndiofthevortex
March 31st, 2015, 07:41 PM
Cutest little gummybear I ever saw! Congratulations!

K. McEuen
March 31st, 2015, 07:45 PM
Nov. 2 was my Dad's b-day too.

I'm not sure how my wife will feel about out hypothetical daughter wearing this: https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5713727/il_214x170.241029662.jpg

Haha, well, maybe not all of the hand-me-downs will work. My sister gave me one outfit that was a cute, dark navy sailor suit type onsie. My daughter, being so light complected and blonde when she was little looked like a little tiny Uncle Fester when she wore it.

Amy R
March 31st, 2015, 08:00 PM
congrats!!!!

TRLSRL72
March 31st, 2015, 08:14 PM
Congrats!!!

Shirley
March 31st, 2015, 08:35 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to hear, boy or girl!!!

Kgrammiecaz
March 31st, 2015, 08:41 PM
Awesome! I hope it is a girl too. Lots of pretty girly things. That is a pretty good pick of the newbie baby. I am excited with you all.

Simply Quilting
March 31st, 2015, 08:46 PM
Congratulations. Our youngest two are 22 months apart and it has been a lot of fun having them so close in age.

Ahamblin
March 31st, 2015, 08:46 PM
Congratulations. Wonderful news.

bscuzz
March 31st, 2015, 08:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS - it seems at the moment, you have 'Wiggles' and 'Squiggles' but time will allow him/her a new nickname? You're gonna have fun with the 'big brother' as well as the new 'baby'!!

stitching woman
March 31st, 2015, 08:56 PM
Congratulations wonderful news. So happy for your family.

quiltingtrish
March 31st, 2015, 08:56 PM
Congratulations! My boys are 17 months apart and the only thing I had to watch for was when the oldest would pile toys on top of his brother to keep him occupied. It was pretty funny cause the youngest loved to sit in his little seat on the floor and watch the older one and the older one wanted to keep giving him things to play with. They are still close today - thank goodness.

Mom23
March 31st, 2015, 09:12 PM
Yay!!! I can't wait. I am hoping for a little brother to play with Sawyer. I think the two of them could get into lots of trouble together. Tell Tabatha congratulations and I hope she has an easy pregnancy.

Vickie1965
March 31st, 2015, 09:41 PM
Congratulations! How exciting.

Cathy F
March 31st, 2015, 09:42 PM
Congratulations to you both!

Claire Hallman
March 31st, 2015, 09:43 PM
I am thrilled for you all. There is nothing nearly as nice as a new baby.

Grandma Nan
March 31st, 2015, 09:44 PM
Congratulations to you Ryan, Tabitha and Sawyer. What an exciting time waiting for a new addition.

laura44
March 31st, 2015, 09:46 PM
Congratulations! Can't wait to see the next adorable baby so we
all can ooh and aah over. I even show my husband pictures all the pictures
you post of Wiggles. My boys were 21 months apart too.

JCY
March 31st, 2015, 09:48 PM
Congratulations! It will be so fun to see pics of a new baby. I hope all goes well.

Quiltfreestyle
March 31st, 2015, 10:00 PM
Congratulations on your newest Blessing.
I had 3 boys (because my DH wanted a girl hahaha). They were each 18 months apart in age. Worked out really well, they played together all the time, well,,,, most of the time.
Hope this pregnancy is easy & the baby comes on a day with no snow. ��

Sylvia H
March 31st, 2015, 10:04 PM
Congratulations on this wonderful news! Your new baby is being born into a wonderful family.

Eriepatch
March 31st, 2015, 10:41 PM
So happy for all of you. Love reading your posts and seeing
your pictures!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 31st, 2015, 10:43 PM
Congratulations! Hope the delivery doesn't happen in the middle of a snowstorm!

Gina
March 31st, 2015, 10:47 PM
Congratulations to you both!

bubba
March 31st, 2015, 10:49 PM
Congratulations!! Hope all goes well.

auntiemern
March 31st, 2015, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the new addition. How exciting. Sawyer will be a super big brother.

Ginny B
March 31st, 2015, 11:09 PM
Congratulations! How exciting

ceiliam
March 31st, 2015, 11:18 PM
Congradulations that is super exciting news

easyquilts
April 1st, 2015, 12:29 AM
Oh... I think we are all excited to have another forum baby to oo and ahhh over! Exciting need!

Sawyer will be an awesome Big Brother!

Congratulations to you and Tabitha! A new baby!

BobW
April 1st, 2015, 12:33 AM
To the Ryan Family,

Congratulations! I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy and then a healthy and happy baby. Good luck and I hope Sawyer doesn't get too jealous. LOL

SuzyQue
April 1st, 2015, 12:40 AM
Congrats! I am wishing for a girl. Every momma needs one! and so does every daddy! You will get to experience the difference between the sexes up close and personal. It is already decided, so we will all have to wait to see. Either way, I will pray for a healthy baby and I know you and Tabitha will continue to be awesome parents!

bhaggerty
April 1st, 2015, 12:41 AM
Awesome! Congrats!!!

MayinJerset
April 1st, 2015, 12:43 AM
Exciting News and Blessings for all of you.

" Tabatha assures me this one is a girl. She assured me the last one was a girl too and I have a beautiful baby boy. 12 more weeks until we will know for sure via ultrasound." Yeah that's what I said and I had 3 boys and so did my DGD L who just gave birth to her 3rd. son. As you said, as long as it's healthy that's OK by you.

Bjvarizona
April 1st, 2015, 01:39 AM
Wonderful news. My daughter in Ireland told me her second daughter (now 16 months old) was the last grandbaby from them. Then I got a call last Saturday . . . . . Be careful when you say only two!

stationarymom
April 1st, 2015, 01:49 AM
What great news Congratulations!

dwil23
April 1st, 2015, 02:21 AM
CONGRATS!!!

Sounds like she is due the same time as my DIL - Nov 9th. They had DGS wear a Big Brother shirt to announce the news, too! I'm hoping for a girl (for both of us), but DS wants a boy for the same reasons you state.

MomGram
April 1st, 2015, 03:48 AM
Wonderful news!!

rebeccas-sewing
April 1st, 2015, 04:38 AM
Congratulations, Ryan! It'll be fun going through this with you again. Our best to Tabatha.

marytfnp
April 1st, 2015, 04:58 AM
that is wonderful news! Congrats to all!!

Iris Girl
April 1st, 2015, 05:43 AM
Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

Andrea F
April 1st, 2015, 06:34 AM
Congratulations! Hoping for an easy pregnancy and a safe delivery in a warm and cozy hospital.

HandsomeRyan
April 1st, 2015, 07:22 AM
What about a nickname for this one? Wiggles and ?????

I'm not sure yet. We called Wiggles "Mini Cooper" (our last name is Cooper) until we knew he was a boy and then he got called "Little Man" a lot until he was born. As soon as I noticed how wiggly he was I started calling him Wiggles and the name just sort of stuck. It drives my wife crazy because she says he'll never learn his real name if I only call him Wiggles but I think he'll figure it out.

Right now we are calling this one "QuinDaisius" because the girl name we have picked is Daisy and my wife says this one is a girl. I said we are building out the alphabet Ryan, Sawyer, Tabatha... and we need a Q or a U name. When we looked at Q baby names a lot of them were Quin-something eg. Quindarius, Quintavious, etc. so we just stuck our girl name in there and ended up with QuinDaisius.

Monique
April 1st, 2015, 08:00 AM
Maybe QueenDaisius!!!

Suzette
April 1st, 2015, 08:10 AM
Congratulations! I am very happy and excited for all of you!! :icon_bigsmile:

Vonnie
April 1st, 2015, 08:41 AM
Congratulations!

Bubby
April 1st, 2015, 08:46 AM
Congratulations Ryan & Tabatha...Wiggles, too!

MRoy
April 1st, 2015, 08:52 AM
Congratulations Ryan, Tabatha, and Sawyer!!

WendyI
April 1st, 2015, 09:58 AM

THAT is FANTASTIC NEWS!! I can still remember your first few posts when you found out Sawyer was on his way and what a nervous nelly you were about doing it just right! And you have been a perfect dad and here you go again! What awesome news! So very happy for you both! xox

ravelim
April 1st, 2015, 09:59 AM
Congrats. Can't wait to watch for 2 babies to watch for. I'm sure she'll or he'll be fantastic and great fun for your whole life.

Annette Ackley
April 1st, 2015, 11:44 AM
Congratulations!!!!

Wwena
April 1st, 2015, 01:31 PM
That's wonderful, Ryan! Biggest of best luck wishes! My kids are two years apart and while it's a struggle in the beginning (or it CAN be) it will be well worth it soon, having kids that close in age. My advise is to have you spend more and more time with Sawyer as the delivery comes closer, and the transition to not being mom's no. 1 for him will be easier. Especially with a c-section, when she can't pick him up for a while after.

Wonderful news!

Divine Daisy
April 1st, 2015, 04:31 PM
congratulations! Obviously Daisy is an excellent name!

Divine Daisy
April 1st, 2015, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure yet. We called Wiggles "Mini Cooper" (our last name is Cooper) until we knew he was a boy and then he got called "Little Man" a lot until he was born. As soon as I noticed how wiggly he was I started calling him Wiggles and the name just sort of stuck. It drives my wife crazy because she says he'll never learn his real name if I only call him Wiggles but I think he'll figure it out.

Right now we are calling this one "QuinDaisius" because the girl name we have picked is Daisy and my wife says this one is a girl. I said we are building out the alphabet Ryan, Sawyer, Tabatha... and we need a Q or a U name. When we looked at Q baby names a lot of them were Quin-something eg. Quindarius, Quintavious, etc. so we just stuck our girl name in there and ended up with QuinDaisius.

My friend had a menopause baby who was called 'ooops' while she was preganant (which wasn't long because she was 7 months gone when she found out.......yes the air was fairly blue) and he continued to be called 'ooops' after he was born.....real name Martin.... When he was about 3 they made a concerted effort to call him by his name before he went to school. Martin is now 32 and all his family, friends and his wife call him.......................... 'ooops'!!

sewbizzy
April 1st, 2015, 04:41 PM
Wonderful news....congratulations to you and your family!!!

Grandma G
April 1st, 2015, 06:47 PM
Congratulations! Seems like only yesterday that Wiggles arrived. I hope Tabatha gets her wish for a girl.

ejgilly
April 1st, 2015, 08:34 PM
Conrats to you, Tabitha and, Sawyer aka Wiggles.

SallyO'Sews
April 1st, 2015, 08:41 PM
So happy for all of you! Thanks for sharing.

alliek
April 1st, 2015, 09:41 PM
Happy News! Congratulations and Blessings for health and happiness to your lovely family. :icon_tup:

BellasQuilts
April 1st, 2015, 11:32 PM
Congratulations, you three! DD did the same with the shirt, her FIL didn't get it either! LOL! Hope its a girl. One of each is nice, but healthy is the most important for sure. What a lucky baby to get you two for parents.