PDA

View Full Version : Best Day Ever

janbee
March 31st, 2015, 03:01 PM
I am taking an iced tea break from sewing my granddaughter's Easter dress. All the time I have been glancing at a new layer cake and jelly roll set out on my cutting table that I bought at my LQS. The name is Best Day Ever. I am telling you peeps it is seriously cute. I can't wait to find a pattern that will show off all the bright colors. Makes me smile to look at it. I like to make big quilts that can be used on the bed. What quilt pattern that uses a layer cake and a jelly roll is your favorite? I would appreciate your response and opinions. Now back to the Easter dress. The bunny comes on Sunday!!

from our little home on the prairie
Jan

Bubby
March 31st, 2015, 03:38 PM
There is a tutorial here called Layer Cake + Jellyr Roll = Quilt that's super fun and nice to make. Here's the one I made:

I used Prayer Flag fabric, but I've seen this pattern in many different styles of prints and it always looks great!

LRM
March 31st, 2015, 04:57 PM
I'm in the process of making that quilt using a layer cake and solid jelly rolls. It went together very quickly. Just this morning before work I was debating if I wanted to add another row and column to make it bigger. It is a quick, fun quilt.

irishrn
March 31st, 2015, 07:29 PM
That is one pretty and bright fabric line!! Don't forget to show us pics!!

oldsewer
March 31st, 2015, 09:18 PM
I've made Jenny's "T" pattern quilt, the tutorial from a couple of weeks ago, and it's really cute. I wanted lap size, so cut it down to 4 blocks by 5, and it was still cute. layer cake and jelly roll.
'