PDA

View Full Version : I'm On the Hunt!!!

rebeccas-sewing
March 31st, 2015, 01:57 PM
Some of you may remember that I've been working on itty bitty house blocks. I have three more to make. I've been hemming and hawing about the sashing fabric. I've finally decided on neutral medium gray and have the perfect fabric in my stash. One big problem - I need more than what I have. Probably a yard would do it. If you happen to have this fabric in your stash and would be interested in parting with it please "private message" me so we can discuss. I know we're not supposed to talk about buying and selling on here so I'd be happy to discuss with you by email. Here's a photo of what I'm looking for. Mailing to my U.S. address is the plan. I'll just have to be patient. Not one of my stronger traits but finding this fabric is something I'm willing to wait for. Here we go: 105890

The little dot flowers are approximately 3/8" and the color is medium gray.

K. McEuen
March 31st, 2015, 02:19 PM
It would help if you knew the manufacturer or at least where it was purchased. Pictures aren't always perfect as far as color here ...

rebeccas-sewing
March 31st, 2015, 02:46 PM
I'd love to be able to provide more info. but I've had this fabric a long time. There's no selvage left. I just figured there might be a chance someone else might have it in their stash or something similar.

K. McEuen
March 31st, 2015, 03:01 PM
I tried doing a google image search, with no luck. Nothing remotely like it in my stash. I seem to be lacking gray of any kind.

Bubby
March 31st, 2015, 03:42 PM
Sorry, there's nothing like your fabric in my stash.

Iris Girl
March 31st, 2015, 05:13 PM
Just checked my gray/black /white stash box nothing even remotely close sorry :(

mommadeb
March 31st, 2015, 07:13 PM
Check online at Joanns. My sister bought some there in December, almost dead-on to yours. I have it here to make curtains for her.

I just found this on their website. 105925

K. McEuen
March 31st, 2015, 07:33 PM
Looking at Joann's, there are some similar, which might work if you can't find any, since you said yours was older fabric.

Colorbok Fabric Mono Tiny Blossom Gray & White at Joann.com (http://www.joann.com/colorbok-fabric-mono-tiny-blossom-gray-and-white/11712437.html)

Doloris
March 31st, 2015, 07:55 PM
https://www.etsy.com/listing/195975401/dear-stella-nutmeg-fabric-mini-confetti?ref=market
found this. gives you something close to consider

Mom23
March 31st, 2015, 09:01 PM
Wish I could help but I don't have any gray print.

rebeccas-sewing
April 1st, 2015, 05:33 AM
Thanks for your help, ladies. I spent a ton of time going through all the grays on Fabric. com and found two that will most likely work out. I didn't see that one on Etsy, Dolores. That one would definitely work. I like the one you posted, Karen. Unfortunately the pattern is too large. The print needs to be less than 1/4" in size - tiny. With the blocks only measuring 3" finished, the sashings will be 1" finished. I hope what I ordered will work, otherwise, I'll have to go shopping when I'm home. Oh, no, say it isn't so! hahahaha

snippet
April 1st, 2015, 05:51 AM
I think my sister bought some of this at JoAnns a while back. I'll ask her tomorrow to check her stash.