PDA

View Full Version : Oliso Auto Lift Iron

Lori63
March 31st, 2015, 10:45 AM
I've seen Jenny use this iron in her videos. I think it would be so convenient to have this. Does anyone have this iron? Do you love it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks,
Lori

KnitWitRosie
March 31st, 2015, 10:54 AM
I've got the pink version and I. LOVE. IT!!! My mom had given me hers a few months back (it was an older orange/black model) and I fell in love! Grabbed the pink one on MassDrop around Christmas time and I just love it! Heats up quickly and does a great job! Took a bit to get used to not having to put it down on it's end, but wasn't that bad. It's become second nature now.

I've used mine so much that the little dots on the handle have completely rubbed off! Lol. I'm actually thinking about picking up another one if I find a good deal on it just so I have a backup :D

amartin24
March 31st, 2015, 10:58 AM
Yes, I have the yellow one and love it! I love the long cord, nice and hot, good steam, but mostly because it doesn't auto shut-off for 30 minutes. I got mine through Massdrop and only paid $134 including shipping. I never did Massdrop before but it was a very positive experience. Right now I see they need 4 more requests to reach 200 requests for this iron again. Once they reach 200, they reach out to company to offer it again through Massdrop. If you request it, you will then be notified if it is available and then you can choose to be in on it. https://www.massdrop.com/buy/oliso-tg1600-iron They also have it at Joann's but you usually cannot use a coupon for this item.

RiverMomm
March 31st, 2015, 11:08 AM
I have the yellow iron and love it! Heats up fast, the cord is nice and long, and steams great. I also like how water is added on the side. However, it did take me a while to get used to not putting it on it's end and the little squeak noise made me jump at first. Guess I was used to total quiet time while I ironed.

I recently moved my ironing board and the closest electrical plug in was behind a desk. I ended up plugging it in across the room. The problem was I needed to step over the cord. Yeah, I have knocked/pulled it off the ironing board several times (not recommended!) but the iron has survived those falls perfectly. After each fall, I told myself that I would be more careful and step over the cord. This last time, the iron fell and part of it landed on some plastic bags. Ohhhh yeah, that was a mess. The iron is all cleaned up now and is plugged in behind the desk. No more tripping over the cord.

Lori63
March 31st, 2015, 11:16 AM
Thanks everyone! Hubby asked me this morning what I wanted for my birthday...I think I'll put this on the list.

KPH
March 31st, 2015, 11:44 AM
Love it! You should have seen my son using it for the first time ironing his shirt!

Quiltfreestyle
March 31st, 2015, 12:32 PM
I just voted to bring it back again. Just need one more vote.

Grandma Nan
March 31st, 2015, 01:44 PM
Have it-love it.

CraftHer
March 31st, 2015, 02:04 PM
That auto-lift bothered me when I first watched Jenny's tutorials. That's the first time I've ever seen an auto-lift iron and every time she laid it down, I wanted her to set it up! It's just ingrained in me not to leave the iron face down like that. The more tutorials I watch, the more I get used to it :)

icul8rg8r
March 31st, 2015, 07:05 PM
I started with the orange gray one and when I saw the Yellow one on Mass Drop, I upgraded, and love it even more! I like the 30-minutes vs 10 minute auto shut-off. Stays nice and hot, and my arthritis isn't at all an issue.

Terry L
March 31st, 2015, 07:08 PM
I have the pink version and I love it :)

Mydonnabean
March 31st, 2015, 07:11 PM
I have the pink one it is a great iron but not so left handed friendly. It lifts when I'm ironing ��the sensor is apparently on the right of the handle so when ironing my hand isn't covering it properly

patinvt
March 31st, 2015, 07:37 PM
I have the blue one & love it.

Mom23
March 31st, 2015, 09:03 PM
I bought the yellow version at Paducah last April and love it!!! I don't think it gets quite as hot as my Rowenta, but it doesn't shut off after just a few minutes. I also love the long cord. This was definitely an iron made for quilters.

snippet
April 1st, 2015, 05:58 AM
I have the blue one and I love it. It shuts off after 8 minutes, but that's fine for me. I'm usually ironing my pieces faster than it turns off, but even when it does turn off, it heats up fast.

Littlelisa
April 9th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I had the blue one for 3 weeks and the auto lift stopped working so I returned it to Jo-Ann. I liked it before that though. I ended up with another Rowenta because I could buy a good one at Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon so I ended up with a good deal..

jjkaiser
April 9th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Yes I have the blue one got it on sale at Joann's 50% off, so I think it was around $70. It's an excellent iron. One word of caution: when you set it down (not upright but flat) it gives a little jump as it automatically moves into the resting position, so don't put it too close to the edge of ypur ironong board or it might jump off and fall on the floor. That almost happened to me a couple times until I remembered to put it down in the middle of the ironong board. So luckily it hasn't crashed to the floor yet. Go get one, you will love it.

kensington
April 9th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I've wanted this iron since seeing the pink one. Jenny has both, pink and yellow. The problem is once you get used to that, you need to be careful when you use a regular iron, to not leave it laying down. KWIM.