PDA

View Full Version : YAY!! WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!!!

shell.scraps
January 28th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I can't tell you how pleased I am to see that we are back online!! I was going through some serious withdrawl without you guys.

So what has everyone been up to? Have you been able to get anything done while you were gone?

patticakes
January 28th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Oh....I missed you!! <hug hug> So glad to have the board back! I missed seeing what everyone is up to, especially the greats pics. I have been busy hand quilting my "Snippets" lap quilt (which I have decided to keep for myself, something I never do) but it seems to be taking me forever to quilt it and I am ready to move on to my next project.
I do have a question about the Daily Deal. It says that it's the Eden Jelly Roll but the details are the fabrics of the Moda Blush line showing. Which one is really the Deal...the Eden???
Glad you are back up and running!
patti

emailjeanie
January 28th, 2010, 02:00 PM
YAY... I missed y'all... I was the person clicking twice each day, checking to see if y'all were up and running again... :) :)

jrchapman
January 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
It's so nice to have the forum up and running again but frustratingly the new server is blocked at my office so I can't while away my lunch hour. Grrr. Great to be back though!

BillNye
January 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
It's so nice to have the forum up and running again but frustratingly the new server is blocked at my office so I can't while away my lunch hour. Grrr. Great to be back though!

Our site is blocked at your office!? That IS a bit frustrating. Is it the whole site or just the forum?

And welcome back everyone! I loved all the razzing you all gave me while we worked on this :D This forum is truly loved by many! Hang tight too, the forums are getting all my love and attention for the next two days, expect fun changes!

jrchapman
January 28th, 2010, 05:00 PM
It's just the forum. I was surprised that it wasn't to start with, they're quite strict with their firewall. I work for the city council and they don't like you to do anything fun :(

mrswindy4
January 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM
So nice to have the forum back...I was going through some serious withdrawl!
I did get a lot done while the board was on hiatus.

My 15 year old decided to call my bluff when I told him I would move him back in with his younger brother if he didnt clean his bedroom, and I would take over his room. I gave him until Saturday night, he didnt even attempt to clean it. Sunday morning, I woke him up and we moved rooms all day. Now I have my very own sewing room and not stuck in the closet anymore! (Not quite finished arranging the room yet, but will get a few pics when its all put together.)

I also joined Thimbleberries quilt club and will be working on a BOM quilt...so far, so good! I learned how to make the pine tree blocks and houses. That makes 3 BOM's I'm working on now.

Then, I made this....and I'm quite proud of it! EVERY seam matches up!! :D

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/Mary__White/DSCN0307.jpg

I'll be starting on another quilt top next week, using the same pattern that's in the Blog (Make Life Happy!) but I'm only going to use 4 fabrics, so it has more of a basket weave to it.

quiltingtrish
January 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Of course I missed the forums and am glad we are all back up!

I finished the Quilts for Kids Quilt. I'm hoping to wash it tonight and get it mailed off this weekend. Isn't it cute?

I also have about 6 inches to finish the binding on my Snowman Advent Calendar so I'll post that when it's done.

I'm excited to see what the new stuff will be on the forums.

Hugs,
quilting trish

Rosie
January 28th, 2010, 09:20 PM
YES!!! It's so great to be back. I've really missed it. How have you all been?

ginampls
January 29th, 2010, 01:46 PM
howdy ho every one. ... this is so nice to be back on here. i have been unpacking. it has been so hard. northern MN is so cold... 11 below this am. i still own the house. but it is moving forward. i am working on the friendship braid quilt for my father in law. vicki got her quilt for x-mas. and she loves it. well back at it gina now from grand rapids.mn

myholidayboyz
January 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Woo hoo! We're back! I've been stalking the site like a crazy woman!

I don't have any FO pictures, but I quilted one top I received from a friend 2 years ago, cut out 288 squares to make a disappearing 9-patch for my mom for mother's day, and finished most of a top for me (just needs borders). I also made a square or 2 for a quilt along I'm doing on another board.

FunkiQuilter
January 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I am glad to know that I am not the only Site Stalker Crazy Woman here! This site has actually become a part of my regular daily routine. At least I still had the daily deal to check out, but no forums, AAAACCCCKKKK!!!! I didn't like that. I actually had to make two telephone calls to the shop with questions because I didn't have the forums to ask them on. (Thank you again ladies! :D You are so wonderful!)

:D Thank you for taking such good care of us and getting a bigger server! We REALLY do appreciate it! :D

I didn't get too much done while you were down though. I had an awful pain flare up. It just killed my back to sit at the machine for very long. Lifting the iron around was not easy either. In fact, I had to go out and buy a new one today because I dropped and broke mine during the flare up. I did lay and get a alot of reading done. I started and finished a few books in the last few days. I got to sit with my family and watch some of the new movies that Santa brought for us. I also refabriced my kitchen. OK, I guess I got more done then I thought.

Huh, according to my spell checker refabriced is not a word. I am thinking that you ladies understand what it means though. re-fabric-ed = I replaced all of the fabric items in my kitchen. I made all new curtains, a new table runner, a new door snake, and new small appliance covers. I want to try and make a rug too, but not until the pain settles itself down a little more. I never made a rug before.