PDA

View Full Version : Monday

Blondie
March 30th, 2015, 06:23 AM

Hello and Happy Monday Folksies!

It was a long yet impossibly short and satisfying weekend. Long in that I had to work longer than I wanted to on Saturday, impossibly short because it did seem that once I was home from work the time flew right off the clock and satisfying because hubs and I did get more yard clean up done on Saturday. There is some real happy vibes when we can see what we've accomplished. It will be Spring Break for us this week. Only we have two of those snow days to make up, so only a partial time off from school. There will still be several more make up days. Wondering how the Northern States are handling this. I know Virginia has forgiven many many of those days. I would assume Mass. would have to as well.

Since I did very little of anything in the stitch dept in the last few weeks, I need to hustle my bustle and get to work on a few COC's which are calling my name and see what else I can work on finishing up.

Enjoy your day, hoping that robins are dancing while the blue birds are singing.

Blessings, prayers, hugs and buckets of smiles.

kimsophia
March 30th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Hi folks! Happy Monday to you. My DH is going to have a colonoscopy tomorrow so today he drinks a gallon of GoLyteLy. So would appreciate some prayers/good thoughts as this makes him a miserable kid. Thanks! :)

songbird857
March 30th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Mornin' all :)
Just a quick popping in to say hello... not entirely sure what the day holds!

Iris Girl
March 30th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Morning all! Popping in quick before work. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Got to hang wash outside mmmm I love fresh sheets and towels dried outside. Well I love all clothes dried outside and only use my dryer in extreme emergencies. Washed all the bedding right down to the mattresspads what a wonderful smell when we got in bed last night! Got a few more rows done on the diamond quilt, I tend to be a putzy sewer. Sew some, look at TV, hop on computer, sew some more, find a snack get a drink sew some more.
Hope everyone has a great day. Hugs to those in need.

Ginny B
March 30th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday. It was a fun weekend with lots of productivity, some snow and less sleep than we needed. On the productivity end, I finished three Easter tablerunners and worked on 2 fabric Easter baskets. On the fun side, dh and I had a "date night" and went out Saturday night for dinner, the Moody Blues and a stop at the diner afterwards (after clearing the snow off the car) for a midnight snack. On the less sleep end, we came home to our heat not working so we called for service and then snoozed on the couch all night waiting to see if the repairman would show up -- he didn't until close to 10 a.m.. But it's working now and it's nice and toasty inside and as I look outside this morning I see snow falling.

Blondie, it does feel so good when you can look outside and see the yard getting back into shape after a long winter. I'm looking forward to that but in the meantime we have a lot to keep us busy on the inside of the house.

Have a great start to the week everyone.

CarolynK
March 30th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Good Morning!

Had a great weekend and almost finished a quilt top so I got my sewing in and it really soothed me.

Tomorrow or today will be my last day at this job - very nervous and anxious. Since I've turned in my notice, not one of the board members has even spoken to me even after I offered to stay and help another few days. We've received several resumes but no one has even looked at them therefore I won't be training anyone to do my job. Hopefully, I'm over thinking this whole mess. I'm ready to move on. It's beginning to be clear to me that standing up for the right thing in this small town is NOT the thing to do unless you're one of them.

I'm going to try to smile and keep a positive attitude. Hopefully that and some prayers will get me through the next couple days.

Love you all and sending you hugs, smiles and prayers.

Carolyn

MayinJerset
March 30th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Morning all, Glad everyone is progressing with their Spring yard cleanups. Our yard and front look pretty good as DS's # 1 & 2 did a good job with the late Fall cleanup. It's always a good feeling after getting everything cleaned up and ready for the new growing season.

Somehow I knew today would be a damp day, my left knee and hip told me so when I woke up. My morning dose of Advil should be kicking in soon and I'll get myself to my sewing machine. Need to think of something for dinner, all I have in the freezer is chicken and I'm tired of that. I think a trip to the farm market this afternoon will give me some ideas, I like their chopped chuck for meatloaves, meatballs and other beef dishes. Also low on Italian cheese so I'll pick some up as well as some fresh fruits and veggies. 105751

Mpyles
March 30th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Good morning! Monday monday! Off to work for me! I did work on my wash tub club project, my BOM and my ufo #. I must say when you don't like a quilt you are working on...or you just aren't feeling it...putting it away for later does seem to work. My ufo is a club quilt from last year...I was absolutely hating it. Yesterday I found it palatable...so we shall see! Weather was chilly here....but sunny. Hoping it warms up this week...the daffodils are chilly!! Have a great day!!

Bubby
March 30th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Morning Everyone,

We had a busy weekend. We went to Cuba yesterday and Jeff changed locks on two apartments and then we had to head right back home. The long ride really bothers him. Now we have a water heater that needs replacing. Since we have a new one in our storage, I will drive it to Cuba tomorrow and leave it for our plumber. Today I have to take Jeff to therapy and while he does that I will pop into WalMart and grab a few food items.

Carolyn, we live in one of those small towns and I understand totally what you are going through. We have several people around here who get their self esteem from being big fish in a small pond. It makes for some ugly situations and people. Hold your head up and do what you have to do. I'm praying for your situation and your peace.

Blondie, glad you got to work in your yard and see results. I cleared the dead grass from around our yellow lilies and they are shooting toward the sun. Some of our trees are budding and it won't be long before our dogwoods bloom.

Wishing everyone a good Monday. I may be able to squeeze in a few minutes with Jewel before Jeff gets up and our day begins for real. Hugs....

Racing Nana
March 30th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Yes it is Monday, and I should be getting ready to go to work.

BUT instead I am sitting here with a neck the size of a watermelon and a throat that hurts too bad to swallow.
Maybe I'll make myself a drool bib and not bother trying to use my throat.

Upside is, I don't think I'm too sick not to be able to sew. Will try to get 4 new pillows for our sofas done.

Blondie I just love captions that you always manage to find. Both of today's hit the nail on the head.

You all have a good one.

KPH
March 30th, 2015, 09:05 AM
It's 5 %ing all over the place this morning. Mom started serenading at 3 this morning. Something tells me it's going to be a long day.

Finished up the piano key border on the binding star quilt this morning, already. Now to clean up the sewing room so when I get the background fabric tomorrow I can start quilting.

Hubby's cousin lost a child yesterday. She was a bright and caring young woman. Heaven's gained an angel. Hate that we won't be able to go visit with family, but we don't have anyone to stay with mom for that long.

The grass is growing, and I'll be puddle jumping later to go get my allergy shot.

Have a great one!

Katrina

LRM
March 30th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I have had a very long night. The night was bright which makes all the dogs bark. I didn't hear them (always wear earplugs due to the logger I sleep with), but the neighbor called to complain about ours. He seems to think that our dog is the worst of the worst and has made some trouble. I've asked all the other neighbors and no one hears or complains. Anyway, then I tossed and turned all night due to (1) worrying the dog would bark again, (2) aches from doing yard work, (3) worrying about work today, (4) thinking about adding to the quilt I started yesterday.

Carolyn, your situation is frustrating because it shows how petty people can be. I'm thinking of you and wish you the best as you exit with grace to leave behind those who lack it.

Hope you all have a good Monday!

WendyI
March 30th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Blondie...that first pic is SO ME! Especially now that I'm single! I mean who have I got to shave my legs for anyway?! Katrina I'm so sorry about your DH's cousin...that's so tragic. Barb, glad to hear Jeff is able to get out and about! Hopefully he can make those Cuba trips pain free soon! Carolyn, not sure what happened with your job but sounds like it's great that you're moving on.

Monday is my least favourite day as I'm sure it is for a lot of us. I am finally starting to look forward to my weekends and try to have lots planned. Things don't always go the way I want but for the most part I manage to keep busy!

I bought a sofa bed for my spare room yesterday. Tried to find a used one but lordy people try to sell some ugly stuff! So I just gave up and bought new. Going to take pics tonight of the furniture that needs to be sold and get it gone as soon as possible. Two universities in my town so shouldn't be too difficult. Also bought a counter top ice maker. I'm excited about that as I knew I was going to be missing the one in my fridge! Also found a water softener for almost $200 less than any that I've been seeing so I'm happy about that.

Wishing everyone an awesome day and sending ((((HUGS)))) to those who need them! xoxox

Jean Sewing Machine
March 30th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Got to see my grandson's family yesterday for an a early Easter celebration. The little guy is 5 months old and weighs 19 pounds! What a buster! It was a busy weekend one grandson's birthday party at the arcade, meeting the forum friends Friday, and the family get together yesterday. But fun!

Grandma Nan
March 30th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Good morning all- couldn't believe it. This morning we have a small coating of snow over everything. The weekend was sunny and bright but a cool wind but this morning SNOW. Oh yuk winter go away. No yard work happening here. We still have about a foot of snow on our yards so it will be awhile. Our major yard work in this area of Ontario is closer to May.

My weekend went by fast, as usual. We had some fun tho- went to Watertown yesterday because my son wanted to go to the Texas Road House for his birthday supper so took advantage of making a little stop at Joanns. It was the last day of a 50% coupon plus a 20% off entire order. I really didn't buy much but I did get a beautiful large 24 x 36 olfa cutting mat for my sewing room. They are so darn expensive but not bad with a 50 % off. Also got a couple project boxes that are great for classes.

I went to the school house on Saturday and what a fun day with 45 other quilters. It was set up to rotate every 25 minutes so that we just saw the highlights of several new techniques. Each class was presented twice in the day so if you couldn't get in the first one you might get the second. It was so much fun. Of course, I'm just popping with new ideas now and things I want to try.

Last night, we got home from dinner fairly early and we vegged in front of the TV- Call the Midwife,and Selfridges are both back on PBS and we have been following those shows for a couple years now. Love the series they bring to PBS.

This afternoon is going to be fun. My sister is just getting into quilting and I am taking the beginner class with her to encourage her along. I am going to sew this quilt with my featherweight. i"ll let you know how that goes.

Have a great day and everyone take care out there. Prayers for all who are going through a hard time,
And SMILE

Plentziana
March 30th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Hello everyone,this weekend has been very nice has been sunny and we went for a walk along the beach and have snacks, but we started the week with a little more work, because in my country schools closed two weeks at I have to look afther my two oldest granddaughters day their parents work, that makes my sewing work but also do not get to come out more and enjoy myself with them, hoping that everyone has a happy day, send greetings and players for all eho need it

Monique
March 30th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Good morning. Just a quick hello and then off to do some kind of sewing. Talk to you all later.

auntiemern
March 30th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Morning all. The weekend was busy, but productive. Forum friend meeting Friday, then home to do laundry and dinner. Saturday, I got to meet a new quilting buddy. I had bought fabric from her on a FB site, and when she found out I lived right down the road, we decided to get together and meet. Lovely lady, named Brenda. I told her all about here, and am hoping she jumps on and joins. She is a big fan of Jenny too. After I got home from that, I made a little quilt for Daisy's Linus day. I did everything but hand sew the binding. Trying to make up some projects that just need hand sewing for when I am at the hospital for days, with Gabe and then Gary.
I love the what they are doing with the newer hospitals. They are all private rooms, usually with a sofa or chair that makes in to a bed. Cardinal Glennon, all the rooms are made this way so parents can stay with there children. The hospital that both Gary and I were hospitalized in is like this, and where he is having his surgery is also this way. I think it makes for a better recovery if you are in a room by yourself.
Off to get productive, and see what I can manage to get done...nothing that requires a lot of concentration, cuz that has gone out the window as of late. Pics that need to be taken, packages to open, thank you's to send out...I have been very bad at getting those things done. Hope everyone understands. When you are being pulled in all different directions by the enormity of all you have going on in your life, those are the things that get overlooked. I apologize to every one that has fallen in to the cracks of my life.
Hugs to all, prayers for those in need.

irishrn
March 30th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Taking a painting break! Can't do next coat before 2pm. So sending an afternoon hello to all!
Have a great day!

Simply Quilting
March 30th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Good Afternoon! We went over on my folks on Saturday for Mom's birthday lunch party. On the way over, I stopped at Missouri Star for just a minute to pick up a few yards of fabric. Then we headed on up to my folks. It was a nice birthday lunch. On the way home, we stopped by Joann to use some coupons that I had. Then a stop at Kohls where dh got a new pair of running shoes, I found some curtains on clearance and I had a coupon to boot .

Yesterday we went to a couple of open houses. We went to one that we never thought would be for sale - they had it custom built to be wheelchair accessible and handicap friendly. It is a beautiful home but is out of our price range.

Today is a beautiful sunny day. Dh has done some yard work this morning. I have worked some inside. I am hoping to get to sewing sometime today.

Jean, he looks like such a sweetie.

Marilyn, please take care of you and your family. The rest of the stuff can wait.

Have a great day everyone :)

bubba
March 30th, 2015, 03:31 PM
We made a trip to Costco yesterday to pick up sandwiches for a birthday party. While there we also grabbed a ham....price for that was $23. It's boneless and apple cured. This morning, we got out the meat slicer. Cut 16 quarter inch ham steaks (eight meals), cubed about three cups, one for ham pie tonight, the rest for omelets, and sliced six packages thin for lunch meat. I'd say that was a steal of a deal!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, Yoda is lying on the couch and I am getting ready to sew.

What a gorgeous day!