PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Blondie
September 24th, 2011, 07:59 AM

Good Morning! I was just feeling a bit frisky with my first cuppa and just realized how late it is. Looking at the clock on my computer and wow - I hate to sip and run but I must. I have my first haircut in an hour. Good grief, why did I take that cold medicine last night? All I wanted was a solid night's sleep without waking up. I didn't mean to keep telling hubby, I am awake, now leave me alone. Finally he grabbed me by my ankles and shook them gently. That gentle shake reminded me of the days I had a water bed eons ago. I used to love my water bed. So did the babies. Where am I going with this line of thought? Nowhere quick, that's for sure. . So now I have the take the 'nighttime pm, feel like a hangover in the morning thing' going on. LOL. it will be fine after another cuppa.

Haven't had time to read any other posts. Will get caught up this evening - prayers said in the shower for everyone this morning - with special prayers for our Angels Em and Agnes.

Monique
September 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Good morning Blondie.

Well I did not get any quilting done at all. A friend just bought a laptop and needed some help getting it up and running. Only took four hours.

On Thursday night my daughter-in-law was involved in a car accident. Car is badly banged up but all passengers and drivers are fine. So today we off to Kingston, Ont. which is about a 3 hour drive, to take them one of our vehicles until their's is either fixed or they get another one. OOOOHHHHH AWWWWW I get to see my baby too. Get to kiss you the whole time I am there.

Tomorrow is my mother-in-law's birthday, so a get together for lunch. Her birthday gift is a dinner and a movie but it will have to wait until next week.

That's about all I have to share for today.

Happy Saturday and prayers going to those who need them.

bec
September 24th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Good morning! Hope you wake up soon Blondie. Wouldn't want you trying to cut hair while half asleep...that could be disasterous! lol.

Monique, glad that your DIL and family are okay.

I'm going to a small local quilt show this morning. Hope to see something inspiring.

Sorry I can't stay right now, hubby is calling for coffee. See ya.

quilter.martha
September 24th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Morning all!

I got up a little later than normal this morning. I was having the weirdest dreams. Do you ever dream you're awake and then actually wake up to realize it was all just a dream? It seemed so real, I had to ask my hubby if I did what I did in the dream!

Anyway, yesterday was such a fun day. I had GF over to do some quilting. First we went to JoAnns and hit the mother-lode of clearance items. We found some of their very top line quilting fabrics on clearance and then 50% off of the clearance price! I bought 5 1/2 yards of fabric for $13! And then we went to a LQS for me to buy some more fabric from the line I'm making the floral blocks for the swap from. I've ended up with 4 extra blocks so I'm gonna make a table runner to donate to our local Christian school for their silent auction in March. After we got done with our shopping we got to work on sandwiching together her quilt top from our Saturday Sampler blocks from 2010. This is her first real quilt! She made 3 extra blocks in order to make it bigger to fit a twin bed. We were so excited we took pictures of both hers all pinned and ready to quilt and of mine (which is still a UFO). We used different sashing and border fabrics and were really surprised at how different they look. Take a look below:89288929
After looking at them I decided I like hers better! My DH did, too!

oldgurl4
September 24th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Morning....
Arrrggg It's That Weekend again (STUCK AT WORK)

Hey ~Blondie~.... The Medicine did the work it was suppose to...
It SHOOK THAT COLD RIGHT OUT OF YA!
You are back to NORMAL!... Welcome Back...Hee-hee

~Monique~ Glad to here your daughter and family and friends are safe.
Awwww..... and I know that feeling about the Grand Babies.... ENJOY!

~Bec~ can I come with You....Pwwwweeeeaasseee I Luv Quilt Shows!

~Martha~ They Are Both GORGEOUS!!....That must have been fun to quilt with a friend.

You all have an AWESOME Saturday!

bec
September 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
We were so excited we took pictures of both hers all pinned and ready to quilt and of mine (which is still a UFO). We used different sashing and border fabrics and were really surprised at how different they look. Take a look below:89288929
After looking at them I decided I like hers better! My DH did, too!

Martha, I love both of them!

Claire Hallman
September 24th, 2011, 12:18 PM
They are both beautiful but I think the yellow/light colored border is what makes the top one sing.

bakermom
September 24th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Glad i'm not the only sleepy-head this morning. worked later then usual last night and just did not want to wake up! Waiting for Dh to return so we can get lunch. it's looking like a pretty nice day here, maybe we will get some outside work done,too.

Sandy Navas
September 24th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Oh, Martha, I am so jealous!! Beautiful. I don't know which I like the best though. Can I have both of them?

Monique - sure glad no one was injured. I see so many reports where there are serious injuries and I cringe inside. Enjoy loving on that grandbaby while you are there!!

Wish I was going with Bec, too - missed one yesterday because the kids were here - it's on today but I have to play catch-up with housework (wonder why???) so I can feel some semblance of normal. I'm like Blondie this morning - I didn't want to get up. And, like Martha, I was having very weird dreams. I usually do have weird dreams and would hate for anyone to try to interpret them for me.

Hope I get finished with my chores early so I can play a bit without feeling totally worn out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - and to those who have yet to check in, I wish you love, happiness, good health, and a cheery outlook. Peace!

debinmalaga
September 24th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Afternoon, everyone! Got my house clean (well... clean enough) and am about to start working on my floral blocks for the swap. We had a great trip to West Virginia, loved the scenery and the little town we're shopping for property in, but it's taken four days to get caught up at work and at home, so no sewing till now.

Monique, I'm so glad no one was hurt. Sandy, wishing you energy to have fun doing what you want to do, once that pesky housework is out of the way. Bakermom, envying you your nice day, it's another gloomy one in New Jersey. Haven't seen the sunshine in forever. Blondie, I'm glad your cold got knocked out by the meds, hope you were able to shake off the sleepies before work. Martha, you're so lucky to have a friend close by to share your quilting with! Love both the quilts!

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

rebeccas-sewing
September 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Interesting!!! They're both beautiful quilts! The top photo has more variation with the added cornerstones and two borders. Also the quilt design becomes more interesting with sashing and borders of different values. Very eye-catching. The second quilt is lovely as well, however, the sashing and border are very close in value. Cornerstones and a lighter-value sashing would probably change your opinion of that quilt, Martha. It's still a very pretty quilt. I'd be thrilled if it was mine!

SuzyQue
September 24th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone. Lovely fall day here. Oven going, baking like crazy. Hubby in the fields trying to salvage our wind blown corn. Son doing chores.....typical Saturday. Cool out, but sunny.
Blondie---you brought back warm memories of our king sized waterbed full of babies and toddlers......lovely thoughts! I just ordered a heated mattress pad for our sleep number mattress. Hope that helps with cold weather aches and pains. I will probably have to be dragged out of bed after it comes!
Monique---glad everyone is fine after the accident. Enjoy your visit, even if it came from bad circumstances. Count those blessings any way they come!
Bec---look for inspiration today and share new ideas. Enjoy!
Martha---love both quilts---love the differences. If I had to pick one, I prefer the second one.....but they are both lovely. What fun to have a great friend to quilt with. Blessing!
Sandy---knowing you are behind, but for a good reason. Don't stress over it. Here's prayers that you will be able to clean quickly and still have energy to play a little for you. It will feel so nice to be able to start your week prepared and neat.....but remember to have some pleasure time for you to relax, too! Enjoy!
Deb---isn't it always surprising how far behind you can get so quickly and how long it takes to catch up? Glad you are ready to quilt and sew today. Enjoy!
Lunch in the oven.....off to do a little cleaning, laundry, ironing......perhaps piece a block later. Only lovely thoughts today. Only lovely things to do. Only enjoyment for every little chore done and joy for the moment. Too lovely a day to waste with negative thoughts! Hope all enjoy their days....in the ways they need to and that all can find some joy!

HandsOffItsMine
September 24th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Aloha all...running late must be in the air...I couldn't sleep, last time that I look at the clock was 4, then all of a sudden it was 7:20.

Blondie, now you know the difference between cold med bottle and whiskey bottle right? ; ) Waterbeds just make me seasick. ;(

Monique, so glad that DD is ok. Snuggle the baby for me, we have baby withdrawels everyday.

Martha, wonderful job on your quilt! Love them both, each speaks their own personality.

Sandy, don't over do, spread it out over a couple of days. You need some "me" time. Grandma worked really hard the last week, not only physically but mentally.

Been fussy cutting a Q4K "construction vehicles" quilt that we're donating. DH picked the focus fabric as we're fullfilling the "need boy themed' request. DH is demanding I take a break and that we go to the beach. Hmmm, guess I'll have to give into that demand. lol

Wishing all a wonderful day and prayers to all in need, especially to our angels Emily and Agnes.

Hugs, Ruby

toggpine
September 24th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Hello!

Just dropping in to check on you all before running out the door.

Have a great day!
Cathy

Txgrandma
September 24th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Very slow start to the day around our house, hubby or I either one slept well. Recieved a package from MSQC today so I'm heading to the sewing room to play.

Blondie, that cold medicine can really knock my lights out sometimes and it will take me till noon to get woke up. Hope it didn't take you that long, Be careful playing with those shears now. Glad your cold is getting better. Oh what memories you bring back of my son and I and DH playing in the waterbed in the morning always such a fun time and what a way to start the day.

Monique really glad to hear no one was injured in the car accident. Have fun cuddling that grandbaby. If there is anything in this world that's better than snuggling and kissing a baby I swear I don't know what it is. I'm always on coud 9 when my 3 yr. old granddaughter wraps her little arms around my neck.

Martha I join the rest, I love both quilts, they are both the same yet so different. It's amazing how much difference a border can make. Good lesson for us newbies to remember. Thanks for sharing them.

Sandy, everyone is right, it sounds like you have had some king of week, take it easy and slow. Take time for you to relax and play, one thing for sure the housework will always be there waiting.

Ruby, going to the beach sounds like a pretty nice demand to me, take time and enjoy the beach and DH.

I'm sending prayers for all and good thoughts going out for everyone. Special prayers for little Agnes and Emily. Have a great day everyone.

Blondie
September 24th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone
Sitting down here, rubbing the sandman outta my eyes. Came home this afternoon and took a glorious nap.

Martha, both of those quilts are wonderful. I couldn't choose between them!

Deb - so glad that you enjoyed your trip to W Va. I forget which part of the state you said you would be in but every part of West by God Virginia I have ever been in was lovely. Just as Disney put Orlando on the map John Denver put W. Va. on the map, lol.

Hey, is anyone else out there getting a second dose of the stink bug invasion? I thought we were THROUGH with this prehistoric stinkers but they are everywhere and keep getting in the house. No matter what I say to them about leaving the premises, I have to smack them into oblivion and sweep up their nasty little carcasses. They buzz when they fly too!

Glad to read the positive news about our angels and Sandy, I still have your bottle of booze. It is aging nicely. Let me know when you want me to send it back to MO. I think you need it more than I do.

And ladies, no more night time cold meds for me. Period.

Nighty Night.

Alana
September 25th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Not much new here today. I got up late too....what's with that??? Got my baby quilt started this week and now have to do the border, but I'm not sure how I want to do it just yet. Rainy day all day....my LAQ lady Ruth, brought my pinwheel home today so I spent most of the day binding it. It's beautiful and I really worked hard on it. I'm happy with it.
Didn't do much today as I had the old ankle up in the air. Figured a good rest with it up would help a bunch. It's the prettiest colours of purple you'd ever see. Even my toes are pretty purple too....
Didn't do much house work today so I suppose I should do some tomorrow...Darn cat never pulls his weight around here. Never even did the dishes for me after lunch....lazy bum....
Hope you all have a good nights sleep...

quiltingtrish
September 25th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Hi everyone - had a wonderful day with my sister. All day. Just got in. We were headed to a fabric store that is going out of business and ended up stopping at a Re-Uze It store. After a few hours in there and picking up quite a few Minituare Quilt magazines, a large curtain done in a beautiful cat print (plan on cutting that apart), 4 Applique books that are loaded with applique designs, and a huge old appliqued quilt top that is the cutest with little fellows all over it and made with feedsacks ($15.) we then headed on to a garden center. There we picked up the cutest rabbit for my dad's garden, a cute little flying pig for a friend's garden and then headed to the fabric store where my sister did quite alot of fabric buying. I did get some pre-quilted material to get some table runners made for a sale coming up and a few other pieces of fabric. On the way back home, we stopped in to my other sisters work to say hello and then headed home. Also Odie called. So good hearing his voice.
My cold is getting better - but my dad is pretty sick. I'll see him tomorrow. It's funny how an 85 year old can retreat to about 5 when he gets sick.
Looks like another long day tomorrow.
Think about you guys lots.
Hugs,