PDA

View Full Version : Drowsy Night Owl

toggpine
March 29th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Good evening all!

We spent most of the day outside and I'm tuckered! We cleaned out the stall the new buckling spent the winter in. It will be the transition pen for the kids. It gives them shelter and access to the great outdoors without getting bullied by the big milkers. I have a bit of repair to do before they move in though.

We took in Cody's old bicycle to have it repaired. (He tried to 'fix' it and lost most of the ball bearings and a few other things a number of years ago.) It was more cost efficient to have this one repaired then to buy a new one. Emily was pretty adamant that there was NO WAY she was going to ride that. It was too big. Not wanting to argue, I said OK. She could try later if she wanted, but that her old bike was too small for her to ride. About an hour later she tracked me down in the barn and asked if I would help her try it. Sure!
After letting her work at her own pace, by the end of the day she was starting herself and zooming pretty good. I think Daddy helped more than Mom, at least mentally. She asked Daddy if the weather would be good enough for her to practice riding again tomorrow. WhooHoo!

So after barn mucking, bicycle chasing, pasture re-seeding, and baby goat snuggling I'm done for the day!

Hugs and I'll catch you on the flip side!

P.S. This girl needs a name. It needs to start with a D and it must be no more than 10 letters.(Her granddam is 'Dizzy', & dam is 'Daffy'.)

auntiemern
March 29th, 2015, 02:31 AM
Sounds like quite a busy day. I met a new quilt buddy today. I hope she joins us here. I bought some fabric from her on a FB site, and she contacted me to let me know that she lived very close to me. Same town as my DD, so very close. We chatted and got to know each other. She is crazy about Jenny too. She is a very talented lady. Her name is Brenda, and she has actually had one of her quilt designs featured in Quiltmaker Magazine. After I got back home I played around putting together another quilt for Our Daisy's Linus Day. Got it all done except sewing the binding on the back. I'm gonna save that for the 4-5 days I am at the hospital, when Gabe has his surgery. I am going to try to get a few things ready to work on while we are there.

Cathy, Dolly seems like a fitting name for your girl.
Glad to hear the 2 legged one is doing well on her bigger bike as well.

Quiltfreestyle
March 29th, 2015, 02:33 AM
Sorry but what came to mind first was Dorky (to continue the funny names) but she certainly isn't that!!
How about Darling ? Or Dolly. She does have a sweet face.

Edit; again Marilyn beat me to the post. LOL

stationarymom
March 29th, 2015, 02:48 AM
You really had a full day I hope you sleep well.I like dolly for your little girl also.Didn't get much done here today,it snowed all day long.It's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow but at 11 the weatherman changed his tune and now we will be lucky to make it to 40 tomorrow.

kimsophia
March 29th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Daisy? Delores? Dinky? Dotty? Dot? Destiny? Debbie? Ditsy? Doodle? Darlene?

Oy, I am machine sewing the last of the binding on but the machine was giving me fits. I took apart the bobbin case, re-threaded the machine and got it to work. Maybe the invisible thread is harder for it to handle. But now I'm taking a break and watching a Batman movie...I hope everyone has a nice night. :)

MayinJerset
March 29th, 2015, 04:00 AM
Cathy, After such a busy day you must have conked out as soon as your head hit the pillow. Good luck to
Em with her bike riding.

Had a good first sleep of about 4 hours and now up for an hour or two before sleep #2 til morning. I'll make sure kitchen is cleaned up as DH usually has cereal before he goes to bed and there's always a stray dish or mug around, good time to get coffee pot ready for morning. Usually get the dishwasher going too but it's not full yet, not many dishes/pots used today as we had dinner at Perkin's tonight.

DS#1 came over for breakfast this morning with some fresh baked bagels. He had some news, his 4th grandchild is due any day and he went out on a dinner date last week. A year and a half ago he lost his wife of 33 years and I guess it's time for him to get out more. His 2 older DD's are married, the one expecting her 3rd child lives in Jersey, the other one is in CA and youngest DD is away in college so he's been alone a lot. He been out for a few beers with his guy friends and also going to Honduras on a medical mission in a few weeks. He's a pharmacist and stopped going on the annual medical mission when his wife was ill and I'm glad he has resumed them.

Cathy F
March 29th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Sounds like quite a busy day. I met a new quilt buddy today. I hope she joins us here. I bought some fabric from her on a FB site, and she contacted me to let me know that she lived very close to me. Same town as my DD, so very close. We chatted and got to know each other. She is crazy about Jenny too. She is a very talented lady. Her name is Brenda, and she has actually had one of her quilt designs featured in Quiltmaker Magazine. After I got back home I played around putting together another quilt for Our Daisy's Linus Day. Got it all done except sewing the binding on the back. I'm gonna save that for the 4-5 days I am at the hospital, when Gabe has his surgery. I am going to try to get a few things ready to work on while we are there.

Cathy, Dolly seems like a fitting name for your girl.
Glad to hear the 2 legged one is doing well on her bigger bike as well.

I like Daisy for a name. She sure is a cutie!

Iris Girl
March 29th, 2015, 06:43 AM
I like Dalilah for her name

Trish04
March 29th, 2015, 08:51 AM
How about Dinky lol

MayinJerset
March 29th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I like Dalilah for her name I like this too!

MRoy
March 29th, 2015, 09:28 AM
The first name that came to mind was "Daf-o-Diz".

Hulamoon
March 29th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Dakota ......

Grandma Nan
March 29th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Good evening all!

We spent most of the day outside and I'm tuckered! We cleaned out the stall the new buckling spent the winter in. It will be the transition pen for the kids. It gives them shelter and access to the great outdoors without getting bullied by the big milkers. I have a bit of repair to do before they move in though.

We took in Cody's old bicycle to have it repaired. (He tried to 'fix' it and lost most of the ball bearings and a few other things a number of years ago.) It was more cost efficient to have this one repaired then to buy a new one. Emily was pretty adamant that there was NO WAY she was going to ride that. It was too big. Not wanting to argue, I said OK. She could try later if she wanted, but that her old bike was too small for her to ride. About an hour later she tracked me down in the barn and asked if I would help her try it. Sure!
After letting her work at her own pace, by the end of the day she was starting herself and zooming pretty good. I think Daddy helped more than Mom, at least mentally. She asked Daddy if the weather would be good enough for her to practice riding again tomorrow. WhooHoo!

So after barn mucking, bicycle chasing, pasture re-seeding, and baby goat snuggling I'm done for the day!

P.S. This girl needs a name. It needs to start with a D and it must be no more than 10 letters.(Her granddam is 'Dizzy', & dam is 'Daffy'.)

I vote for Daisy

toggpine
March 29th, 2015, 01:28 PM
How about Dinky lol

Trish, she is likely to be 150 to 180 pounds when she grows up. Dinky won't quite fit then!
I'll have to check with our own Divine Miss Daisy to make sure she wouldn't mind having a goat with her name. Thank you for all of the great suggestions!

It is amazing what a full day of fresh air will do for your sleep. One half-awake bathroom run and that was it. We'll see what the weather today brings. If it's not raining and the sun peeks out we'll be back outside for more bike riding and garden work. When the sprinkles come I'll head back inside for some time in the sewing room.

bubba
March 29th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Dorcus....it's a biblical name. You could call her Dori for short. But Dorcus fits w/it's parents names!

toggpine
March 29th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Pat, there would be a price to pay if I ever gave a goat a name that could be shortened to anything that sounds like "Dorrie".

My step-sister would NOT be amused.

Midge
March 29th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Divine? Doozey? Delight? Ditzy? Dreamy?

Pat.W
March 29th, 2015, 05:03 PM
How about Dazzler, she is so very pretty.

Mom23
March 29th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Good evening all!

She's a cutie. I like the name Daphne.

kimsophia
March 30th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Whoa! Just woke up at 10:15 at night. Got the iris quilt finished although I had a bad moment when I followed the directions to get rid of my air erasable pen marks using water. Gave it a spritz and even disappeared marks popped back! The ones that were not disappeared got bigger! Fortunately within a minute they all faded away but I wish the label had warned me that that would happen. :O

I have a great deal of the glue basting done so will try some machine piecing some rows. I've got a vinyl sewing edge stop strip stuck on to guide my scant quarter inch seams. Man, that is a narrow little seam. I wish they were a little wider than that.

How is your night going? Hoot away! :) @,@

toggpine
March 30th, 2015, 04:08 AM
We went to the son's new apartment for dinner. Nice enough, but twice what they were paying at the other place for not that much more room, and more than our mortgage on 2.5 acres! Yikes! We tried to suggest that they make do for a year or two and save up for a down payment on a house.
Yeah, that obviously went in one ear and out the other. What would their parents know? Oh well. Their circus, their monkeys.

More weeding was accomplished today. The bicycle has a new master, I guess she would really be it's mistress. Anyhow, she's got it down now. A complete 180 from yesterday morning when she first saw it and was never going to ride it.
Did not get to the sewing machine. Most likely Tuesday will be next for that. Tomorrow is a half day for the school and Em's been invited for a play date. I'll make a run to the feed mill for grain in the morning or the milkers will riot, as the bins are all but empty.

Tonight Em & I made a batch of chocolate chip-oatmeal cookies. She got to scoop the dough herself. Two trays were enough. "That dough is hard to scoop and it made my arm tired. You can finish Mom." It must have been all that bike riding that wore her out!

The milk is in to cool and I'm off to bed! Happy hooting Night Owls!