PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Excited

tamsterg7
September 24th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I have been asking (aka nagging) my DH for a sewing room for quite some time - and he finally gave in! I am getting a 10 X 20 piece in the basement finished to my specifications! I'm sure we are going to have a few disagreements since I am the General Contractor and he is my Laborer, but right now I am surfing the net to design this just right. Any ideas, suggestions, etc welcome!

HandsOffItsMine
September 24th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Congrats! A girl has to nag to get what she wants or hold out and what fun would that be. Check out Cloth Paper Scissors, they have a special issue (on-line as well) studios, a spa for the creative soul. They did a extreme studio makeover with the editor Patricia Bolton. Really like how she set out her stations and fabric storage, etc.

Have fun laying it out and designing it. Lucky gal!

KiltedQuilter
September 24th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Any ideas, suggestions, etc welcome!

Great stuffs!
Can I borrow that hubby of yours so he can talk to that hubby of MINE? Maybe he can talk him into something similar for me.. :icon_tup:

Monique
September 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Lucky, lucky lucky is all I can say.

quilter.martha
September 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Congratulations on the new addition! Enjoy the making of your dream room!

JVO
September 24th, 2011, 01:10 PM
That is so exciting!! You will have to post pictures of the room, as it comes together! I am thinking about getting a long arm machine, but I am already pushing the limit on taking up too mush room in the basement. Might have to start looking at new houses!!

Judy

debinmalaga
September 24th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I'll bet you ARE excited! Wow, 10 x 20, you have room for a longarm :-).

SuzyQue
September 24th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Congrats! Now to do all the design stuff of your dreams. Lots of discussion on here on past threads about sewing rooms. Lots of pics available. Lots online to look at. Enjoy each step in the process and take it slow enough to get it just perfect for you! You will spend lots of time here. Can't wait to see pictures!

Bubby
September 24th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Enjoy designing your new sewing studio. Don't forget to include a design wall....Barb

mrswindy4
September 24th, 2011, 04:46 PM
PegBoard!! I would be lost without my pegboard to hold all my templates, scissors and other doo-dads!

Only takes up a small spot on the wall, but sure holds quite a few things!