PDA

View Full Version : Easter eggs anyone?

bubba
March 28th, 2015, 02:12 AM
Cool tutorial....

How To Dye Eggs Using Silk - FaithTap (http://faithtap.com/2767/how-to-dye-eggs-using-silk/)

Quiltfreestyle
March 28th, 2015, 05:04 AM
Interesting. Wish I still had kids around to do this with. We used to have a lot of fun decorating eggs when the boys were young.

rebeccas-sewing
March 28th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Ouch! They are beautiful eggs, but it really hurts to see her cutting up all those perfectly good silk scarves. Sorry to be a spoil sport. Scarves are very popular in the U.K. and Europe. I wouldn't mind having the ones she's cutting up so I could wear them. hahaha

lapeoples
March 28th, 2015, 07:19 AM
These are from my daughter's chicken. No dyeing needed.

shirleyknot
March 28th, 2015, 09:09 AM
We used to use those papery skins off onions to dye eggs. Got some really nice patterns and colors.

Vonnie
March 28th, 2015, 11:38 AM
We dyed eggs when I was a kid then my mom would use them to make potato salad after the egg hunt.

I'm afraid of them being out too long and spoiling. When my kids were little we bought the plastic ones and filled with either candy or money.

Don't get me started on Easter egg hunts. Yikes. When oldest was 5 and we went to one. Those kids were vicious and stealing from each other and their parents did not stop them. That was 25 years ago. After that we had private egg hunts and each kid had their area to search for eggs.

laura44
March 28th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Last year I dyed eggs using old silk ties I bought at the Goodwill. Take them apart and use
the silk. Some came out beautiful. You can empty them out before you dye them, just have
to weight them down in the water. Here are some pysanky eggs I made. Some are better than
others. Can't find the pictures of the silk dyed eggs.

Vonnie
March 28th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Last year I dyed eggs using old silk ties I bought at the Goodwill. Take them apart and use
the silk. Some came out beautiful. You can empty them out before you dye them, just have
to weight them down in the water. Here are some pysanky eggs I made. Some are better than
others. Can't find the pictures of the silk dyed eggs.

Those are gorgeous!

IBake
March 28th, 2015, 06:39 PM
I bought those beautiful Ukranian eggs when we were stationed in Germany. Carefully pack them one to a metal tin. Wrapped in bubble wrap. We moved into our house in NC and then the smell started. We looked for three days b4 we found the smashed tin and the broken egg........and the garage smelled like dead skunk!

Divine Daisy
March 28th, 2015, 08:22 PM
love the eggs!

laura44
March 28th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Oh IBake! Mine were blown out and clear sealed. Can't tell you how many I dropped
while making. Some take hours to make. The silk dyeing is much easier!

Genny
March 28th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Well now that's really cool!