PDA

View Full Version : The Stitchin' Night Owl

kimsophia
March 28th, 2015, 12:46 AM
Hi there Night Owls! I hope you are all feeling well. I bought a couple of packets of quilt binding so I'll be finishing up that iris applique quilt. The orange quilt continues to go well. I've been glue basting it and that makes things so easy, I might actually want to continue quilting for a while. I was planning to endure it until I got my few projects done. Hoot hoot! How are yooooou tonight? @,@ :)

Claire OneStitchAtATime
March 28th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Uh oh, the night owl thread has begun. This is a sure sign I am up past my bedtime & I should get off the forum and go to sleep now! Happy quilting, night owls!

stationarymom
March 28th, 2015, 01:52 AM
The night owls started early tonight.I haven't worked on anything lately because my dad was here to visit from Ok. for 10 days.Everything is fine here,the weather man said we are going to get several inches of snow tomorrow.

CraftHer
March 28th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Hello fellow night owls! I just made a UK (University of Kentucky) scarf for my dog and as I'm sitting here reading the forum, I realized I forgot to top stitch it! I'm getting tired and it would require ripping out a seam, top stitch and then re-stitching. Not a big deal when I'm not tired, but not tonight. I'll do it after a good night's sleep. Good night.

April R
March 28th, 2015, 02:48 AM
Got my whole charity quilt laid out and ready to sew!!!! So close to being done. Then making more. My original goal was 10 quilts completed by the end of April, but getting 5 would make me happy. I have one top already donated by a message board member plus this one I am working on. Hope to get three more tops donated to me before mid April so I can get them quilted if needed then donated in May. But I'm not getting anyone to join my group. :(
Oh well. Still love the quilt I'm working on for it!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/show-tell/51312-super-colorful-quilt-charity.html

bubba
March 28th, 2015, 03:01 AM
I should be getting my rest on because we are going to a shop I've not been to before come morning!!! They sell lots of vinyl, and I kind of got addicted to it on my last bag. MM does not know it yet, but we are going to another shop I have not been to before as well......

Don't tell him!!

snippet
March 28th, 2015, 03:09 AM
I did no quilting today. It was beautiful down here - it got to 80 and was so nice.

kimsophia
March 28th, 2015, 03:31 AM
I've run out of bias tape and I'm debating whether I was to drive to the store for more...man, I thought two 3-yard packets would be enough... :P lol Dang you, math reality! lol I wanted to do this bias tape in a once around and done method, but the darn scallops didn't let me. Well, not with my level of talent, anyway. That reminds me, I had to enter my sewing level from 1 beginner to 5 skilled when I got a free Shutterfly print through Craftsy. It didn't give any definition of the skills at levels 2, 3, or 4. I don't know how to do darts. It seems to me that was a talent you needed to be skilled at sewing. I put 3, but I'm not sure tonight if I am one...lol

I'm listening to South Carolina Forest birds tonight while I sew. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5gFr4W4VE
Man, some of those birds sing too much...lol

toggpine
March 28th, 2015, 04:47 AM
Don't faint! I actually did some sewing today! My barn jeans have been completely mended.
I usually put my right knee through my pants long before the rest of them wear out. That's the knee I use to pop up the bales of hay, or prop up the goat while I trim hooves.
I split the side seams and basted in a large scrap of fleece under the worn spot. Then I find an appropriately shaped cookie cutter and trace around the hole. I zig-zag around the shape and echo the shape out a row or two with straight stitches about three echos, half an inch apart. That's enough to hold the fleece and secure any other weak spots. I use the serger to re-stitch the side seams and run the secondary seam line with the regular machine. Rarely can I tell I opened that seam.
I used to re-pair most of Em's pants this way. She loved the ones with the 'cool' patches more than the new pairs. Now I know why Mom's used to buy ToughSkins with the double knee patches!

I was going to sit and do a new blog post, but I'm done for the day. I'm headed for the nest instead of the Night Owl branch for any longer.
Sweet Dreams! C

dlsnaples
March 28th, 2015, 06:05 AM
I actually slept tonight, six hours straight! DH expressed shock when I woke for a potty break. Said it knew I was alive only because of the snoring. Lol
Busy day ahead. DS coming for short visit at Easter. Have to get house in shape AND finish some projects for grand baby to be for him to take back with him. Postage mailing things up are killing the budget.
Happy Saturday to all. See you tonight!

MayinJerset
March 28th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Kind of late, 5:30 and dark out, but I feel like a Night Owl.

Had to laugh when Cathy mentioned Tough Skin jeans as I always bought them for my 2 oldest boys as they wore the knees out of regular jeans. Back then ordering from the Sear's catalog was a big thing.

kimsophia
March 28th, 2015, 08:50 AM
I've got 5 out of 6 yards of the binding sewn on...I need to buy more but that may just have to wait until evening. Hope you are doing well and here's some rain on a tin roof! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBXpJOvhpZI

oldsewer
March 28th, 2015, 09:53 AM
April, do they need to be your pattern only? I went to your group and could not tell. I have 2 lap size done, one falling charms in neutrals and one fence rail type in batiks, and Jenny's T pattern in a lap size (44 x55 before borders) started that I would donate for you. I need more details please. Thanks.

Got my whole charity quilt laid out and ready to sew!!!! So close to being done. Then making more. My original goal was 10 quilts completed by the end of April, but getting 5 would make me happy. I have one top already donated by a message board member plus this one I am working on. Hope to get three more tops donated to me before mid April so I can get them quilted if needed then donated in May. But I'm not getting anyone to join my group. :(
Oh well. Still love the quilt I'm working on for it!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/show-tell/51312-super-colorful-quilt-charity.html

April R
March 28th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Any pattern!!!!! I posted the one incase someone needed a pattern for inspiration. I'll PM you back. Thanks so very much :)