PDA

View Full Version : Fancy folded potholder

jingleme
September 23rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
Free Pattern: Wow. Check out this potholder...pretty! but looks a little over my head:0
http://www.unitednotions.com/MBS-fancy-folded-star-pot-holder.pdf

bec
September 23rd, 2011, 04:26 PM
Really pretty, but looks like more work than I want to do for a potholder (I'm pretty lazy). This one pictured in my avatar is as fancy as I'm going to get. :) Thanks for sharing though. :)

quilter.martha
September 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
It's really funny you posted this. I just found that potholder on the modabakeshop.com website last night! I read all the way through the instructions and am thinking about giving it a try using Christmas fabrics. It doesn't look too hard, just time consuming with lots of pieces. If I give it a whirl I'll post a pic.

bakermom
September 23rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
I made ones like that many years ago.They aren't hard, but you're right quilter.martha, they do take a while and there are a lot pieces. i still have one around somewhere. Nice and thick, they make a great hot pad for the table, too.

Sandy Navas
September 23rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
I have a similar one that one of my Aunts made years ago - she framed her's in an embroidery hoop and it is hanging in my former sewing room. Need to get it down and take a photo. Thanks for sharing.