PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Forum Friends!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Kathy Crofoot, Marilyn ( Auntiemern) and I met today! We had a very l-o-n-g lunch! Kathy and I hit some fabric shops before and after lunch! Meeting forum friends is always a blast!

slg0522
March 27th, 2015, 08:12 PM
It's nice you could get together for lunch and shopping.

stitching woman
March 27th, 2015, 08:20 PM
So glad you all got together. Meeting up with forum friends is always fun.

Mom23
March 27th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Great picture of you gals. Wish I could have met up with you. Those onion rings look delicious!!!

auntiemern
March 27th, 2015, 08:42 PM
It was a good time. So glad I got to feeling well enough to meet with them. Wednesday I wasn't so sure. OMG Kathy is a quilter extraordinaire. She showed us several QOV quilts she had made, as well as many others. She also came equipped with gifties in the form of pillow cases for the kids at Cardinal Glennon. Jean is always a pleasure to get together with. She also came bearing gifts in the form of little zipper pouches. Me, I never even thought of taking gifts with me...such a scatter brain I am. It was just wonderful getting together with them.

K. McEuen
March 27th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I'm laughing. Robin and I are on the same wavelength today! I was looking at the onion rings too. You guys had lunch in a sports bar?

Sandy Navas
March 27th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I'm laughing. Robin and I are on the same wavelength today! I was looking at the onion rings too. You guys had lunch in a sports bar?

Well, Karen, where did you think three sporty ladies should meet up?

Kathy definitely looks like someone who needs to come back in September for the forum retreat . . . (are you listening, Kathy?)

Sandy Navas
March 27th, 2015, 09:19 PM
It was a good time. So glad I got to feeling well enough to meet with them. Wednesday I wasn't so sure. OMG Kathy is a quilter extraordinaire. She showed us several QOV quilts she had made, as well as many others. She also came equipped with gifties in the form of pillow cases for the kids at Cardinal Glennon. Jean is always a pleasure to get together with. She also came bearing gifts in the form of little zipper pouches. Me, I never even thought of taking gifts with me...such a scatter brain I am. It was just wonderful getting together with them.

And you want us to think that after everything you've been through recently? THIS is a DISCLAIMER!!

auntiemern
March 27th, 2015, 09:25 PM
I have to have some excuse for my ditziness, besides just being blonde, lol. Eventually I hope I get to know which end is up again. Thinking that is going to be around the middle of May.
And you want us to think that after everything you've been through recently? THIS is a DISCLAIMER!!

K. McEuen
March 27th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I hope I get to know which end is up again.

Oh Lord, please let it be before the end of September ....

BobW
March 27th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Forum friends are a special gift. I had lunch with a great lady earlier this month. It was a great time and we even solved the worlds problems. LOL

KnitWitRosie
March 27th, 2015, 09:56 PM
How awesome is that!?!?! Looks like you ladies had a great time! Really cool when you get to meet forum friends in "real life"!!!

Simply Quilting
March 27th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Great forum friends and awesome food what more could anyone ask for :)

Shirley
March 27th, 2015, 10:06 PM
What fun!!

kensington
March 27th, 2015, 10:11 PM
At first I was like... "Wait, Jean was in Hamilton"? when I read the title. But, I see now you weren't. Whew... I thought I missed something!

Glad to see you had a good time, glad Marilyn was feeling up to it. Let me know when you are passing my way. I'd love to meet up! I hope to get to St. Louis in latter April or early May... I'll look you up friend!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2015, 10:48 PM
At first I was like... "Wait, Jean was in Hamilton"? when I read the title. But, I see now you weren't. Whew... I thought I missed something!

Glad to see you had a good time, glad Marilyn was feeling up to it. Let me know when you are passing my way. I'd love to meet up! I hope to get to St. Louis in latter April or early May... I'll look you up friend!. Would love to see you!

Denis
March 27th, 2015, 10:50 PM
I get to see Monique quite often when she comes to the shop. She lives about an hour from me and she works for my sister at times at the post office. :D

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Hey, we know where to party! Right there with the over 80 Ladies Sorority in the next room!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2015, 10:53 PM
I get to see Monique quite often when she comes to the shop. She lives about an hour from me and she works for my sister at times at the post office. :D
You guys are lucky to live close to each other! Wish we could come up to see your store, Denis! Did I tell you I upgraded my Pfaff longarm? It is really slick now?

snippet
March 27th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Oh what fun! Looks like a BJs Restaurant or a Buffalo Wild Wings.

I can't wait til the fall when the big gathering is!

stationarymom
March 28th, 2015, 02:05 AM
It must have been really nice to get to meet each other in person.I hope a good time was had by all.

GuitarGramma
March 28th, 2015, 02:09 AM
THIS is why I want to move to the Midwest! So glad you shared with us ... it's a motivator to get out there to meet you wonderful women!

Iris Girl
March 28th, 2015, 10:53 AM
You guys look wonderful! So glad you can all get together and do this from time to time!
Wish someone were in my area but I seem to be all alone here.

Sandy Navas
March 28th, 2015, 11:15 AM

I'd make a trip to Ladysmith to see our Monique just so we could travel down to Renfrew to see you!!

Sandy Navas
March 28th, 2015, 11:17 AM
THIS is why I want to move to the Midwest! So glad you shared with us ... it's a motivator to get out there to meet you wonderful women!

Sending you some packing boxes . . . .

MayinJerset
March 29th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Glad you gals met up and we knew beforehand that you all would have a super time.

It's always nice to put faces to our forum friends faces, do I have it right that in the photo it's Kathy, Marilyn (seated) and Jean and some great onion rings on the table?

Midge
March 29th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Looks like you gals had a great time. It's nice to see pics, too.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 29th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Glad you gals met up and we knew beforehand that you all would have a super time.

It's always nice to put faces to our forum friends faces, do I have it right that in the photo it's Kathy, Marilyn (seated) and Jean and some great onion rings on the table?
Yep, you got it right!

KathyCrofoot
March 29th, 2015, 09:34 PM
We're just back from St. Louis. It was such a fun weekend for me, meeting Jean and Marilyn! During down time, I was able to do some quilty things, and finished the shop hop yesterday. One of the shops is giving away a Bernina sewing machine! I might have to go back just to pick it up... :D Lots of cool fabric, some for pillowcases, some for totes, some just because!

And the highlight of the weekend is meeting Jean and Marilyn. I'll think about the retreat. I'll need to know when and how much, and try to figure out how to get there...

sewbizzy
March 29th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I am so glad you three got to get together....It looks like a good time and good food....and all that sewing talk, too...

auntiemern
March 30th, 2015, 01:20 AM
I am always up for meeting forum friends. Meeting Kathy was wonderful. So talented. There are so many of you from the NYC area, or not that far....you all should have a get together. That would be so much fun. There are some more Missouri gals that we need to meet up with too. Maybe have a meet up in Columbia....that is pretty centrally located.