PDA

View Full Version : Keeping BUSY! That's the key!

WendyI
March 27th, 2015, 05:19 PM
So I have a very full weekend planned. Tonight I am going to pack at least one box then I am going to a friends house from my support group for wine and snacks. Tomorrow I am going to spend the day packing and getting some much needed laundry done then taking Liam to get some new jeans. Then I'm off to another friends house for dinner and a movie. Then Sunday more packing and moving some unwanted furniture to my cousins house. Sunday night I'm going to a friends daughters skating "recital" or whatever it's called in the skating world.

Keeping this busy has DEFINITELY curbed the crying jags and has helped me move forward a lot. I saw my therapist for the first time in a month and she was very impressed by how far I have come....so that made me feel pretty good.

What plans do you all have for your weekend? Monique I know is visiting her granddaughter...do you try and stay busy on weekends or do you like to take it slow?

SuzyQue
March 27th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Whew! You have a terrifically busy weekend planned! I like to have plans and keep busy, but life often gets in my way. Each of my days look so similar to the next that I don't really differentiate between week days and week ends. If I were out working, I am sure I would want a slower weekend to relax. I am such a homebody that I really enjoy just be here and not having too many plans to dictate my days. My life may be too slow at times, but I find it more calming than too busy!

All that said..........I am impressed with how quickly and fully you have changed your plans and your life. You are making friends, staying busy, and moving forward. If this makes you happy, go for it! If this makes you exhausted, then slow up a little. You are learning how to be in charge of your world and your life now................so do what works for you! Since you are often bored at work, perhaps you do need to be busier and more involved on your weekends. I am impressed by your progress, but that shouldn't matter to you. You need to be impressed with your progress! I am so happy that you seem more happy and at peace!

Neller
March 27th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Wow! That is a busy weekend! I hope you have lots of fun Wendy!

We are leaving tomorrow to take the motor home out for it's first trip. We are going to Seattle for 3 nights and then down to Portland for another 6 nights and then back home and back to work. We want to see our great nephew while we are in the Seattle area. He is 18 months old and cuter by the minute! In Portland we are going to see our son and daughter in law. Her family is coming over from Montana and we are having a baby shower for Erin. I'm really looking forward to that! We really lucked out in Erin and her family. She is really a lovely young woman and her family is a lot of fun. My parents and my in-laws did not get along and it was always tense when we were together.

Hulamoon
March 27th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Wow Wendy that does sound busy and fun too! I'm going to Home Depot to order my new carpet and buy some tiles for in front of a door where the rain comes in ruining the carpet. The tile guy is coming Sunday. The last couple of day's I had the windows cleaned and new screens installed. Maybe these pesky geckos will have a harder time getting in.

Not to exciting but closer to getting this house back together.

Grandma Nan
March 27th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Well this weekend I do have a bit planned. Tomorrow I will be going to an all day "SchoolHouse" quilting seminar- there are 12 workshops and we get to attend 6 but get the notes for all 12. Ideal if you have a friend to go with you and share but that's ok, I'm going alone and it will be ok. After that picking up DH and DD and going to take my Dad out for dinner to Swiss Chalet. We are all trying to make sure that Dad has some company but he is doing really well.
While I'm at the schoolhouse, DH is going to start painting my sewing room and then I will be able to settle in once the painting is completed. I really am getting impatient to move in but there has just been soooo much going on since Christmas.
Sunday we are going with DS, DIL and 3 GS's out for dinner to celebrate DS's birthday. We are driving over to New York State to Watertown to go to the Texas Roadhouse - he likes it there. I find it a bit noisy for me but heh, it isn't my birthday.

So all in all I do have a pretty busy weekend coming up. I was really not planning on that. See how reality really hits you when you write things down!!

LRM
March 27th, 2015, 07:04 PM
I love weekends that are productive and busy, but I also enjoy taking it slow. I guess it depends on what has happened all week. I'll be doing loads of yard work now that the weather is conducive to it. I did some today and my back is already protesting. It just goes to show what a winter will do for you!

Good luck in all your packing and enjoy the socializing. Sounds really fun.

Simply Quilting
March 27th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Sounds like you have lots of fun planned for this weekend. It varies whether the weekend is busy or slow. We try to keep Sunday very calm whenever possible. I've looked at the calendar for the next 2 months and they are going to be crazy busy so I am hoping that come June things will slow down. Of course, once summer hits we are generally at the pool 5 to 6 days per week depending upon the weather.

SallyO'Sews
March 27th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Wendy!!! So very proud of you. Big hugs to you.
I would like to stay in my jammies all day tomorrow and sew, but I have a dentist appt. first thing. UGH. Love my dentist, but hate having dental work done. Happily, I'll be out of there in time to get to JoAnn's and home before noon. Gonna' try to get some stuff done around the house this evening, so I can come home and "play" in my sewing room tomorrow! :D

Amy R
March 27th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Awesome to hear this from you Wendy.
This weekend so far will be a relax, mild errand and sew weekend.

We found a little bike for a couple bucks at the thrift store for soph.
Waiting on adoption approval for a kitty that should fit right in with everyone here.

That's pretty much it, we don't have the big girls this weekend so we kind of get to do whatever we want or just relax and not worry about anything.

inspired
March 27th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Way to go Wendy! We spent the whole day walking around the cottage Show in To. So exhausted and sore now. Hope to maybe do a little baby hugging this weekend. Good luck with the packing and move...Val

irishrn
March 27th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Hey Wendy!! Good to know you are doing well and getting out with friends! This is just the beginning! Packing and moving will put you on a path to making your new place just as you want it!
I plan an early run to the store before the day really begins tomorrow. Last minute pick up before DH's daughter and SIL arrive to celebrate DH's 84 th birthday! He's looking forward to their visit.Planning dinner and lunch since I never know what time they will actually arrive. They are not ever punctual!
Have a great weekend!!!

stationarymom
March 28th, 2015, 02:10 AM
Wendy I'm so happy for you,you even sound better in your post.I hope you have fun with your friends and family this weekend.

MayinJerset
March 28th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Great going Wendy. Been gray and raining the past few days so I'm hoping for a sunny weekend. Our big weekend plans to buy a tub/shower seat were added to when DS#1 called to say he will be over in the morning with bagels for breakfast. Good as we haven't seen him for a few weeks. Only other plan is to machine stitch down some applique.

rebeccas-sewing
March 28th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Way to go, Wendy! Your'e doing exactly as you should. Keeping busy is the name of the game. It's another rainy day in Baarn! We're laying low this weekend. Joe has some tax stuff he needs to work on and he continues to scan our slides so we can watch them on the TV screen. It's very slow-going but he's made some good progress. I'll be sewing and we'll probably run to the store for coffee and tea. After our 6 days visiting and traveling in the UK last week we're very happy to take it easy this weekend.

Carol336
March 28th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Wendy, you are amazing. I'm so happy you are moving forward and enjoying life again. Now, rub some of your good vibes on me and help me get this house sold. We're busy most of the time these days, house was re-listed 2 weeks ago and yesterday was the first day that no one came to see it. Had an open house last Saturday and 13 families came through in 2 hours.....no takers yet though. Here is the link to the house......let me know what you think.

TruPlace-Interactive Floor Plan (http://tour.truplace.com/property/706/36017/)

Monique
March 28th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Good morning. Yes Maizyn is keeping me busy this weekend. Have a great day.

RockinLou
March 28th, 2015, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty happy hanging out at home... Until I feel trapped here! Then I get antsy. I need to keep a good balance and mix of things. I hardly ever slow down and relax at home, and I need to make a more conscious effort to do that. I need to rest and read and go to bed earlier if I'm going to be a more pleasant person, so personally, im trying to slow down.

WendyI
March 30th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Wendy, you are amazing. I'm so happy you are moving forward and enjoying life again. Now, rub some of your good vibes on me and help me get this house sold. We're busy most of the time these days, house was re-listed 2 weeks ago and yesterday was the first day that no one came to see it. Had an open house last Saturday and 13 families came through in 2 hours.....no takers yet though. Here is the link to the house......let me know what you think.

TruPlace-Interactive Floor Plan (http://tour.truplace.com/property/706/36017/)

Wow Carol...your home is absolutely gorgeous! The property is amazing and you have no back yard neighbours. I can see why you have had so much interest! I'm sure you will have NO problems selling it at all. Good luck!

Carol336
March 30th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Wow Carol...your home is absolutely gorgeous! The property is amazing and you have no back yard neighbours. I can see why you have had so much interest! I'm sure you will have NO problems selling it at all. Good luck!

Thanks Wendy. The main problem we seem to be having is that most of the young folks today want an open floor plan, which you aren't going to fine in a 2 story colonial.....just praying for the right peeps to come through.