PDA

View Full Version : New tutorial is up!

Kajenkids
March 27th, 2015, 01:45 AM
And it's adorable! Looks like I need to place another M* order...*sigh*

Hulamoon
March 27th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Do you have a link? I didn't get an email yet.

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJaPo9oKkEY

Jean Sewing Machine
March 27th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Link for those of us not on the early email list

Kajenkids
March 27th, 2015, 02:09 AM
Oops. In my excitement, I forgot! Lorie's got you covered :-) thanks for backing me up, Lorie!

Hulamoon
March 27th, 2015, 02:12 AM
Oops. In my excitement, I forgot! Lorie's got you covered :-) thanks for backing me up, Lorie!
Your welcome :)

MomGram
March 27th, 2015, 02:35 AM
The list of projects to try keeps getting longer and longer.

ceiliam
March 27th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Super cute, and more quilts to my long list of some day......

laura44
March 27th, 2015, 04:29 AM
Thanks, love the look of the quilt, just don't need to buy another
tool/template.

soul60s
March 27th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Oh how I wish she showed the alternative design she said she made. I have a hard time visualizing it. I would have liked to see it.

DramaMama
March 27th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Oh how I wish she showed the alternative design she said she made. I have a hard time visualizing it. I would have liked to see it.

Yes, it took me a moment to catch on to the alternative design -- even with the design insert that popped up. But then ... aha!
If you look at the design inserts that popped up they are different in that the 2nd one has the colored diamond pattern tilted so that the edge of the colored fabric is pointing toward each corner (vs. sitting vertically and horizontally like a cross). I missed this tilt the first time and had to rewind and pause the insert!

1) Make the quilt as shown, or
2) Make the corner square a color (instead of white), or
3) What does she mean by "I put my square on the corner on my color block"? Look carefully at the 2nd insert that pops up:
the white 6" corner square is attached to the colored wedge shape (instead of attached to the white wedge shape), or
4) Make the quilt with a colored 6" square in either the pattern for #2 or #3 above -- to get that "dancing" colored triangle showing up in your quilt.

ctab
March 27th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Super cute!

I think a single block in the middle of a baby quilt would make a lovely cross design for a baptism gift.

I also thought that if you added a small smashing before adding the corners that it would look like a Ferris wheel.

Hulamoon
March 27th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I'm wondering how this would look in just two colors?

AnnieF
March 27th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I love this one. I don't have that template, but I think I've figured out how it would be done with just a ruler. I'll probably give it a shot this weekend.

Leah53
March 27th, 2015, 05:17 PM
I laid a block together and thought it has too much negative space, I think I will try it with different colors in the corners so that there is a colored block in the center of the white. Although, I love the one that Jenny did. I think it would be beautiful in metallics.