PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning

Blondie
March 26th, 2015, 07:01 AM

It's Thursday, folksies!

Sitting here with Gracie the chubby and chatty chi chi and a fresh cuppa. Also, foremost in my mind and heart is how very blessed I am. I know, I know. Pollyanna and all that jazz. Hey, you can throw in a little Mary Poppins because that's what my kids used to call me and sometimes when I go to DD's Sarah's house with my quilt in progress tote, she laughs and says, "Here's Mary Poppins! Look at the bag. Got anything in there for me?"

Yesterday we met with the fella that wants to rent the pasture. I need to catch my breath before I tell you how nicely it went and how terribly good looking this guy is. Ok. I am fine now. Oh wait. He is Tom Selleck rugged and not only is he good looking but he paid Mom in crisp big bills for the lease. That made her heart flutter. lol. It had been quite a long time since I really had any time to go out to the farm. Even though it is on across the road behind my shop, my only view of it has been from the back yard. Sis and I at one time before Mom and Dad got infirm was to turn it into a nursery and veggie stand. Even though we never lost our dream of it, those were put on the back burner. The property has well over one hundred years of family history. There are several old barns, one of which my Daddy helped his grand daddy build when he was a tadpole. Oh the stories I could write about that land. It did my heart so good to know that someone is going to use it properly. I was afraid the gentleman would be scared off by all the repair and hard work ahead of him. But he simply walked the 15 acres with me, a real gleam in his eye as he took it all in. When we went to the barn and other out buildings, my heart just sank. The last few winters has been very hard for us weather wise, as they have for many here. The old barn my daddy lent his brawn to has seen better days. The roof is falling in, ground hogs are burrowing all over and other signs of neglect. That is to be expected since it has been so neglected. The thing that broke my heart more than anything was the thieving that has occured. We've had issues of thieving on The Hill for years. It's just too easy to run off into the woods, down the road into Virginia. We have called the law many many times about vehicles on the property and by the time the law comes, they are gone. There was many missing things. Old stuff not really worth much but it was our old stuff. And then there was the deer stand set up. Oh, did I breathe a few country words when I saw that. It was removed later. If'n the hunters come back I reckon they will realize that crime doesn't pay. lol. I doubt that once there is more activity and visibility there, hopefully, no one will be bold enough to come back. We have our very strong suspicions on who the varmint is but no real way to prove it. It is enough for me to know that this land will be springing back with calves very soon. Last evening I had Luscious play find the ticks on me. Oh yes, ticks never go away.

So that dear friends is how my day went. We ate leftover bbq and chili mac. Now the cupboard is bare and I need to make out a list and hit the grocers later. I am intriqued by the Italian Wedding Soup thread and our May's attn to detail.

Here are some hugs, blessings, prayers and smiles for all. Share them freely.

Monique
March 26th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Good morning Blondie and everyone who comes after me.

Baked beans cooked and they were yummy. All ready to take with me tomorrow. You see, this weekend is Maizyn's Fairy birthday party. Can't wait to see her again.

If you missed my post yesterday, Hubby has Neuroplaxia, it is to do with the nerves. He was given meds but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Makes him sleepy and dopier (than he already is, lol). We shall see what happens.

I need to make three items for a gift swap of sorts. We are having a rally in a couple of weeks and we need prizes for everyone. 3 things each we are supposed to bring. I need to think of what I want to make, maybe a table runner, a grocery bag, and maybe pot holders?

It is still dark here this morning and above 0C. I think Spring is coming.

Have a great day friends.

Blondie
March 26th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Monique, I have a male client that has suffered through Neuroplaxia. Very painful and disheartening. The meds and afterwards some therapy seemed to help but it can re occur. Both of you have my sympathetic "ouchies" and prayers for speedy recovery. I hate taking meds of any kind, they always make me dopier than I normally am. LOL.
Enjoy the party. I know you are gonna have a blast with Maizyn as she will with you.
Hugs!

ceiliam
March 26th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Morning all. Blondie glad you found someone ro rent land. Hope the ddarn thiefs dont come back or if they do they get caught. Amazing how bold and low some people are. I just try to think what goes around comes around.
Been working onillusion. Quilt hopefully will be finished today, lovinghow it looks. I am going to have to break down and have my sister show me how to post pictures. Sometimes technology. Baffles. Me. I hope all goes well and all have a great day

rebeccas-sewing
March 26th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Blondie- You should put up signs that have a shotgun on them. It should say, "We're not afraid to use this so you better skeedaddle your behind on out of here and I mean quick!" hahaha If you suspect anything maybe you could put a loudspeaker in your yard with a recording of a shotgun going off. That'd probably do it and you wouldn't have to worry about ending up in jail. hahaha

Nervously waiting for the results of my sister's testing. Please pray that it hasn't spread. Results should be in when she visits the doc tomorrow (Fri.)

Enjoy the day, everyone. Off to the market for me. We're out of just about everything having been in the UK for five days.

songbird857
March 26th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Morning all -
Blondie, so glad about the land - love your story!
Monique - praying for your hubby and you.

I finally received the hardware so I can finish the bag - yaaayyy!!! Hopefully will work some on that today.
Also got my new blender - love it! So glad the fedex guy didn't break it when he tossed it OVER MY SIX FOOT FENCE... while I was sitting in my kitchen - he never knocked at the door - REALLY????? Anyway, I called fedex so that they could address that locally, then tested the blender, which works just fine :)

I hope everyone has a great day today - smiles and hugs all around!

Ginny B
March 26th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Good morning and Happy Thursday. Glad it went well yesterday, Blondie, and the land will be used again.

Monique, I hope that the meds will help dh. Will there be physical therapy too? Sounds like you've got three great items that you want to make for the gift swap and the party sounds like it's going to be wonderful.

Going to be a sort of warm day here --- actually may go up to about 60 for a short time. Of course, there is rain and possible t-storm coming along with that. Then it turns colder again over the next few days. Ahhh, March, what an interestingly roller-coaster type of month you are.

OK, load of laundry is done and waiting to go into the dryer so I'd better get that done. Have a wonderful day everyone. Be safe those who are in the path of the volatile weather across the country.

CarolynK
March 26th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Good Morning all!

Blondie, loved the story of an old farm with lots of memories! Glad you guys got it rented out and will provide for new life.

Monique, hugs and prayers for you and hubby. I don't know much about that but it doesn't sound like any kind of fun.

Went to the doctor - new for me - and loved her. The "spots" were nothing although she wants to take them off so I have to go in later today for minor surgery.

Didn't get the mulch - Walmart was out - really???? Yeah, some lady with a trailer came in and bought all of it just before I got there. Sigh... Then, Oklahoma got hit pretty hard with storms and tornadoes but we didn't get much rain at all.

Off to work today and more of the same. Cool today but warming up this weekend.

Hugs, prayers and smiles for all.

Carolyn

MayinJerset
March 26th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Blondie, You had a good time walking the back forty with the new tenant, sounds like a good guy paying promptly and good looking too.

Monique - Hope DH gets some relief soon and enjoy your little DGD's Bday party.

Gray and raining but so happy there is No Snow. Supposed to be 62 today so I'll be opening lots of windows and be able to hear the birds chirping around the bird feeders. DS#1 gave DH a big bird feeder so DH filled it and hung it in the back yard. DH was finally able to fill the other feeders as they have been empty most of the Winter because the snow prevented DH from reaching them.

He has class today, something about sports history. He already has 2 AA's from the college and now audits classes to keep himself busy. He's taken all the photography courses several times and now selects courses of interest, mostly history. Although we have a large extension center in our town he prefers to go to the main campus. I worked at the college's main campus for several years and also got an AA in Art there but I don't have a desire to go back, I'm quite content to spend my spare time quilting at home or at my guild.

Amy R
March 26th, 2015, 09:01 AM
I found this picture on Facebook post this morning, and it is SO Sophie in a couple years! (or sooner)! 105309

Kitty is still sick, he did eat for me but almost 4 hours later, up it comes not digested.
I had a mini breakdown and told hubby all the stuff that's been bothering me lately and it maybe helped a little to get it out. I feel like I'm in a tornado and I can't get out. Pretty crappy.
I did potentially finish the piecing part of my quilt... may leave the last two rows off and just add bigger multiple borders which would be something new. I'd like to get it machine quilted and bound before my birthday lol.
Today brings repining the walking dead quilt and then sandwiching my friend's son's quilt. Hope to get that quilted by the weekend.

Rainy day again today, but we did get to play outside a bit yesterday. Maybe there will at least be a thunderstorm to make the rain more interesting today? :D

Prayers and hugs to all.

Blondie
March 26th, 2015, 09:16 AM
So glad the fedex guy didn't break it when he tossed it OVER MY SIX FOOT FENCE... while I was sitting in my kitchen - he never knocked at the door - REALLY????? Anyway, I called fedex so that they could address that locally, then tested the blender, which works just fine :)

What is up with the delivery company! It's bad enough if I get deliveries and I am home to also not get a knock on the door. Many is the time when Luscious walks in with a parcel from them. How many seconds does it take to at least knock! But to hurl something over the fence is irresponsible and incomprehensible. Glad you called them.

HandsomeRyan
March 26th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Good morning all!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG1366_zpsp45ljjxf.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG1366_zpsp45ljjxf.jpg.html)
Sawyer loves cookies

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG1368_1_zpsci1lxyup.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG1368_1_zpsci1lxyup.jpg.html)
...and he loves our chickens too. [This picture does not capture how excited the boy was to go bang on the side of the chicken coop and run. He was waving and cooing at the chickens for 5 minutes before we had to peal him away.]

In other news, I have a phone interview for a new job tomorrow morning so if you have any extra positive thoughts to spare and you could send them my way I'd appreciate it.

Happy quilting all!

LRM
March 26th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Blondie, I hope the new tenant will help discourage the stealing. We suffer from it too on property we own that is off the beaten path. Ryan, all good thoughts your way for your job interview. Pictures of your little boy bring such joy!

I am in a funk. Too much work, not enough sewing. In fact, I'm feeling guilty even hanging out on the forum because I have so much work needing to be done and will be gone all day in meetings. I haven't made any progress in the last two weeks on my projects. I go in to sew and something distracts me or goes wrong and just walk out.

The best part of today will be my Skype conversation with my friend in New Zealand. We decided last week that we needed a more regular schedule of talking (instead of every 5 weeks for 3 hours). I miss her so much and I know talking will lift my spirits.

Have a great day. I look forward to "seeing" you all each day (even when I don't post). This forum means so much to me.

Bubby
March 26th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Morning,

I'm off to see the doctor for my Epstein-Barr this morning and also my A1C test. Jeff doesn't have PT today so I was able to schedule my checkup.

We had severe storms last night with hail and high winds. I don't think the hail was large enough to cause damage our property. There's a lot of flooding in our area, especially around the low-water bridges that are so common in the country. I have good highway all the way to the doctor thankfully.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday. Hugs All Around....

Grandma Nan
March 26th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Well I'm excited this morning. I am intentionally going fabric shopping for the sampler class I am taking with my sister. I hardly ever intentionally go to shop for fabric but today I know I am going to be doing that. (other times it just kind of accidentally jumps in my basket,) but DH is very understanding and enabling.

Its been a while since I did any classes of any kind with my sister. I think the last time was a ceramics class back when our kids were little ones. I am pretty sure that she is gonna grab on to this quilting thing and soon she will be an expert.

Still find my energy levels post flu are low or should I say short. I start out great but it doesn't last too long. Those are getting better too as I can stay active at least 20 minutes before I need a nap again.

Have a great day folks. Sending out prayers to those who need them.

Nan

amartin24
March 26th, 2015, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Grandma Nan;709732]Well I'm excited this morning. I am intentionally going fabric shopping for the sampler class I am taking with my sister.

Nan, that sounds like a fabulous day planned! I'm sitting at work and envy your position!

WendyI
March 26th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Blondie I swear you should write a book! I love reading your posts as does everyone I'm sure.
Monique - hope DH gets some relief.
Rebecca - hoping all goes well with your sister and she's all clear and nothing has spread. Keeping you both in my thoughts.
Ryan - Sawyer gets more and more adorable every day! Can't believe he is up and running! Seems like just last week you were posting as a nervous dad and now look how confident you are and how great he's doing! Wishing you the very best of luck on the job interview!
Barb and Grandma Nan - sure hope you are both on the mend soon...nothing worse than being under the weather.

I woke with a headache today...went to bed with it and it's just hung around. Hopefully the tylenol and advil will kick in soon. It's dreary here today...rainy and grey. I hate this part of spring. Moving day is coming very fast and I'm a bit panicky...really have to get things packed up but I am procrastinating. April is going to be a very busy month!

Sending love and ((HUGS)) to everyone! xox

Mom23
March 26th, 2015, 10:07 AM
I am finally taking some time this morning to not just look in on the forum, but to actually post. Prayers to all in need, I could use a couple extra myself.

Blondie, that's a great story this morning. Another plus could be the fact that Mr. Handsome Cowboy can be seen from your house from time to time. Nothing wrong with taking a peek every so often!!

Ryan, that Mr. Sawyer is just adorable. Love the picture with the chicken coop. You aren't going to be able to keep him in the house this summer. Good luck with the job interview.

irishrn
March 26th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Late morning for me! Went to bed at 1030 last night and managed to be up and down four times during the night. Head was so stuffy!! Made hot tea to help drain it, then had to get up to pee! Finally woke up at 8 to find Casey sleeping at my feet, all nice and cozy! That little dog makes me laugh. He's a little clown some days!!
DH is still sleeping. He has just not been himself the last few days. Sleeping a lot! Cranky! No appetite. He's on antibiotics for a UTI and has just had no energy! he is suppose to go to DMV today to renew his license before his birthday on Saturday. We will see if he decides to go!!
Still working on finishing the painting. Have to start the kitchen cabinets but I think I'll put that off till next week, company coming Saturday for DH BD so I'll use the time today to food shop and clean! Oh the joy of house maintenance!
I hope all have a good day! Hugs to all who need it!!

Carrie J
March 26th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Morning All! Front came thru in the wee hours and thunderboomers for a short period of time, along with a touch of rain and much cooler temps. Won't be any flip flops or shorts today, or the next few for sure. Hope everyone has a great day, Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them, off for coffee.................Blondie so sorry about the theft and squatting, don't get that at all! Some folks! :(!

ravelim
March 26th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Blondie I swear you should write a book! I love reading your posts as does everyone I'm sure.
Monique - hope DH gets some relief.
Rebecca - hoping all goes well with your sister and she's all clear and nothing has spread. Keeping you both in my thoughts.
Ryan - Sawyer gets more and more adorable every day! Can't believe he is up and running! Seems like just last week you were posting as a nervous dad and now look how confident you are and how great he's doing! Wishing you the very best of luck on the job interview!
Barb and Grandma Nan - sure hope you are both on the mend soon...nothing worse than being under the weather.

I woke with a headache today...went to bed with it and it's just hung around. Hopefully the tylenol and advil will kick in soon. It's dreary here today...rainy and grey. I hate this part of spring. Moving day is coming very fast and I'm a bit panicky...really have to get things packed up but I am procrastinating. April is going to be a very busy month!

Sending love and ((HUGS)) to everyone! xox

Wendy, could you handle packing for 15 min. At a time? My DD does all hard projects 15min at a time. Then go at it. She does 1st 15 min then changes to another place and then another then walks away for at 20 min or quits. Just a thought for you.

JCY
March 26th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Morning! Sunny here & 30 deg. with a very hard freeze. The roofs & grass are white. Yest. a.m. we had a brief snowstorm. Big fluffy flakes that stuck to the grass. By noon, it was over, & the snow had melted & the streets were dry. Springtime in the Rockies!

I'm working on Little Ark baby quilt #5. I set aside #4 until I could buy some spray starch for that limp backing. I'll get that sandwiched soon.

Ryan, it's always a pleasure seeing pictures of Wiggles. He's so cute. I hope the job search goes well. My 46 y.o. son soon will be out of a job. The company that took over the appliance distribution warehouse he manages is closing it. He'll need to look for something soon. Hopefully he'll get a decent severance pkg. to tide him over during the search.

The tragic story here in Colo. of the pregnant mom who answered the Craig's List ad for baby clothes & had her 7 mo. old baby cut out of her womb was discharged from the hospital this wk. Such a sad thing. It will take a long time to heal physically & emotionally from such an ordeal. She has received sympathy & best wishes from folks all over the world. A web site was set up to help raise funds for her medical expenses.

I probably should take time today to do some house cleaning. But quilting is so much more fun!

I hope everyone has a good Thursday.

GrammaBabs
March 26th, 2015, 11:12 AM
So very glad that "good things still happen to good people"... I can feel the memories as you walked that land,, still can feel the times my Sis and I "picked daisys" in the field across from my Nana's house in bundles at least the size of your fist at the stems:))) Horses were penned next property over and they would come right up to the fence for us to pat!...
I hope the land soon sounds of mooing!!! Life is good, I do agree!!! Our forum friends, we stick together in heart and soul and prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, B

auntiemern
March 26th, 2015, 11:20 AM
It was bound to happen. To many irons in the fire, and now I am sick. Thankfully I had a refill on my Z-pack, so I was able to start taking something right away. It came on so fast. Yesterday morning I was fine. By 5 PM I was sicker than a dog. Off to take DH to Dr. appt, then back to bed for me. He can do what he needs to without my help. BTW DD's surgery went fine. However the cast was to tight, and we had to go back to the docs office for them to cut it some to loosed it up. Hope that works and she doesn't have to get a new one. Hugs, prayers and blessings.

BellasQuilts
March 26th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Good morning all. Not going to work. Went to get the dogs up and our old lab, Phoebe, can't get up any more. Have a call into the mobile vet; they open at 9 am. Guess it's her time today. Hubs will be destroyed - this is his baby. Poor Darcy (4 year old lab) will be by herself now. Dreading this today....please say prayers. Hugs to all here.

songbird857
March 26th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Good morning all. Not going to work. Went to get the dogs up and our old lab, Phoebe, can't get up any more. Have a call into the mobile vet; they open at 9 am. Guess it's her time today. Hubs will be destroyed - this is his baby. Poor Darcy (4 year old lab) will be by herself now. Dreading this today....please say prayers. Hugs to all here.

:( hugs and prayers Megan...

Granny Fran
March 26th, 2015, 01:09 PM

Know how it's going to be. I'll be there for you in thought and prayer.

toggpine
March 26th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Oh Megan. That is a hard day. Thank you and your husband for giving her a good life with lots of love and a peaceful end. Prayers of comfort for you two today.

Prayers and blessings for all who need them.
C

Amy R
March 26th, 2015, 01:25 PM
I'm so sorry Megan.

WendyI
March 26th, 2015, 01:27 PM

So sorry Megan...this will be a sad day for your family for sure. Sending love and lots of (((((HUGS))))) your way. xox

WendyI
March 26th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Wendy, could you handle packing for 15 min. At a time? My DD does all hard projects 15min at a time. Then go at it. She does 1st 15 min then changes to another place and then another then walks away for at 20 min or quits. Just a thought for you.

Mary, that is a great idea but my problem isn't doing it, it's just getting started...once I get into it I can pack a few boxes at a time and do pretty well. I've decided for the next week I'm going to pack at LEAST one box per night....and several on the weekend. That should get me caught up to the point of the week of the move when I will start moving the boxes to the main floor. It's just a bit daunting right now. Will be moving out some furniture this weekend to make room for stuff on the main floor so it will happen...I will get there.

BellasQuilts
March 26th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Miss Phoebe left us at 9:30 this morning. Love you so, baby girl.
thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

songbird857
March 26th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Miss Phoebe was beautiful, Megan.

Wwena
March 26th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Blondie, you always put a smile on my face! It sounds wonderful to have the neglacted land come to life again.

I'd tell you about my day but I am just too tired. We've been working on a huge re-write of a bunch of systems for a client and tomorrow night we launch. We've been under such a heavy workload and I think my brain is starting to smoke! It will be really fun to put it all out there tomorrow but I won't breathe easy until in a week or so, when we know there are no kinks left to iron out.

Bubby
March 26th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I'm so sorry, Megan. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It wasn't all that long ago that we had to do the same for our Miss Molly. ((HUGS))

Cathy F
March 26th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Hugs to you and your family. It's the hardest thing we'll ever do as a pet owner.I still miss m little guy everyday.

Wwena
March 26th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Ack, sorry for your loss, Megan!

ceiliam
March 26th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Megan so sorry, hard to lose beloved pet hugs to you. Ryan good lug on your interview. Such a cute little one. Wendy hopefully will get better soon

craftyladysam
March 26th, 2015, 10:28 PM
hi
Blondie! Just letting you know I enjoyed looking at your boards on pinterest! Getting back to the sewing room some but slow. Please remember us in your prayers! Saundra