PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the Quilt Festival in Chicago!

YellowCockatiel
March 25th, 2015, 07:57 PM
I am so excited ~ I'm going to the Int'l Quilt Festival - Chicago on Thursday!! (A super big thank you to Judy, USMC for helping me out.)

This will be my first 'quilt festival' and would love to hear any helpful tips or hints to guide me through out the day. I'm wearing good walking shoes, bringing a tote bag for all the brochures/flyers/business cards and course purchases, my camera (charged batteries) lunch/snack and my reading glasses. Will leave the winter coat in the car, (there are enclosed walkways from the parking garage to the convention center) so I'll have more room in my hands to carry more purchases.

If anyone else is going on Thursday, please let me know - we can meet up. Would love to meet you.

bubba
March 25th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Don't forget your cellphone!! If you need to take a sneaky picture, it's easier w/your cellphone....at least that is what I heard!

Sharyn J
March 25th, 2015, 10:24 PM
I can't go this year but I've attended in the past. Wear comfortable walking shoes and be prepared to take some sitting rests. The convention hall is massive but it's exciting to see all the vendors, free demos and of course, the gorgeous quilts. Hope you have a wonderful time. This International festival is the best!

Patty J
March 25th, 2015, 10:56 PM
My sister and I are going on Friday and are preparing like you are. Walking shoes, water in a bottle, (you can refill at a water fountain), snacks, lunch, and a good attitude. Hope that you have fun when you go, Oh, another thing we are taking is a list of things we want to look for at the vendors. Also if you have fabric you want to match take small samples much easier than trying to remember exactly the shade of red you want to purchase. LOL

pcbatiks
March 25th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Good for you! I went to the International show in Houston a couple of years ago......I loved it! Comfy shoes, camera, money! All I carried was a light weight backpack.....easier on the shoulders than a purse. If they have a Craftsy booth visit it. I got a coupon for a free class & a t-shirt. Craftsy also had a set up where they had several free mini classes going on at one time......all through out the day. Shop when the crowd is smaller. Enjoy those beautiful quilts........now I want to go! :D

catmama635
March 26th, 2015, 12:00 AM
I would love to go but I gotta work Thurs. then I have an appt with the accountant to do taxes on Fri. (eewww!) then back to work on Sat. Maybe next time!

Granny Judy
March 26th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Lucky YOU!! Take extra bag along for those purchases.. I put a couple of plastic bags in my pocket - Just In Case. Extra money and power bars!!

I'll be thinking of you and hope you can share some photos of your favorite quilts...

EsGrandma
March 26th, 2015, 12:56 AM
Hope you have a great time!!!!!!