PDA

View Full Version : Italian wedding soup

Iris Girl
March 25th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Does anyone have a good recipe for this? Hubby has asked about it and I would like to to make it if I can get a good recipe.

WendyI
March 25th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I don't have a recipe but would sure like one!!

Hulamoon
March 25th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I thought I saw one in yummy. Now I can't find it. I like to look on Pinterest.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=wedding%20soup

bubba
March 25th, 2015, 04:38 PM
I don't have one either, but when I worked, we would sometimes order from a certain deli and they served it. We asked if they would share the recipe, and they actually bought it frozen at Cash and Carry! If you live near one of them, you might check. It was really good! All the soups they served came from there....we thought they were made from scratch, they were that good.

Hulamoon
March 25th, 2015, 04:52 PM
I don't have one either, but when I worked, we would sometimes order from a certain deli and they served it. We asked if they would share the recipe, and they actually bought it frozen at Cash and Carry! If you live near one of them, you might check. It was really good! All the soups they served came from there....we thought they were made from scratch, they were that good.
Funny you say that. There is a deli here that has really good clam chowder. I found out it was the Snows brand you can get in the market.

auntiemern
March 25th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I bet May comes up with one :) If not, look on All Recipes.com

ren29
March 25th, 2015, 11:30 PM
I haven't tried this recipe yet but it looks good. It comes from one of my favorite cooking shows - "My Grandmother's Ravioli".

Clara Corrado's Italian Wedding Soup : Recipes : Cooking Channel (http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/clara-corrados-italian-wedding-soup.html)

auntiemern
March 25th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Sounds good, but doesn't look like any I have ever had before.
I haven't tried this recipe yet but it looks good. It comes from one of my favorite cooking shows - "My Grandmother's Ravioli".

Clara Corrado's Italian Wedding Soup : Recipes : Cooking Channel (http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/clara-corrados-italian-wedding-soup.html)

K. McEuen
March 25th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Sounds good, but doesn't look like any I have ever had before.

Chicken and boiled eggs? I thought Italian Wedding Soup had little meatballs in it.

ren29
March 26th, 2015, 02:19 AM
I thought the chicken and boiled eggs were a little odd, too. Of course, my wedding soup usually comes from a can LOL There are meatballs in this recipe but most soup I've seen has a slightly darker looking broth too.

MayinJerset
March 26th, 2015, 05:30 AM
I don't have a recipe for Italian Wedding Soup, in fact I hadn't heard of this soup until recent years. You begin a day before cooking a whole chicken to make the broth, chop the chicken meat then use the strained broth make soup with fresh veggies, cut up chicken meat, tiny beef/pork and veal meatballs and acini de pepe. Really a lot of work so I like Progresso's Chickerina Soup, don't care for their Italian wedding soup. Never heard of chopped cooked eggs in the soup or that much acini de pepe.

I do make a quick chicken soup with meat balls that's from Dom De Louise's cookbook. When I make meat loaf I put a big handful of the mixture aside, add some grated Italian cheese and roll it into little meatballs which I freeze until I make the soup.