PDA

View Full Version : I broke my record!!!

bubba
March 25th, 2015, 02:09 AM
I have been really, really good. Today was the first DD I have bought since last year! The double charm packs did me in......

Quiltfreestyle
March 25th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Wow you have been good! Don't worry, no one is perfect...
Do you have a project in mind for these? Or did they just call out to you??

bubba
March 25th, 2015, 02:26 AM
I heard them screaming at me!! Don't know why yet, but they did. I also ordered a sticker for the back of my new iPad since I ruined the other one taking it off the old one.

Quiltfreestyle
March 25th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Yeah, that happens to me sometimes too... I see some fabric & it just calls out & demands that I buy it. Every time I've ignored that call, I've been sorry. Haha
Now that I'm retired & the budget is much tighter, im trying to be extra good.. I've only used the gift cards my former company gave me as a retirement gift. Still have a little over $100 left but I'm saving that for a couple of quilts shows in May..
And of course, I had been beefing up the stash for the last couple of years so I'd have plenty to play with when I retired.

bubba
March 25th, 2015, 02:59 AM
That 'R' word does have a lot to do with it, but I do have an allowance plus what I earn from my bags. It's still hard to behave!

Quiltfreestyle
March 25th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Unfortunately for me I can't make extra money from making fantastic bags. :) we are working out the budget issues, since I wasn't going to retire for another 2 or 3 years.. it's not like I won't be able to buy what I need for quilting. Just trying to be good until things are sorted out. Besides I have plenty of fabric to last me for a long long time.. I wasn't kidding when I said I've been stockpiling fabric for the last couple of years. Not to mention the UFOs that are waiting for me. LOL

bubba
March 25th, 2015, 03:09 AM
I have all of the above too! I didn't plan on retiring for a couple more years, but after my BP scare just over a year ago, I knew it would be sooner than expected. When your doctor tells you that you need to stop doing the job you have been doing for over 30 years, you have to listen no matter how hard it is to believe him. That said, I am much happier and laid back that I have been in a long time and things are much more relaxed.

This is what counts....

Quiltfreestyle
March 25th, 2015, 03:42 AM
I totally agree!! My husband's health was the primary reason I retired early. Due to all his issues he was fighting constant depression too. Between worrying about him & a very stressful job I started having health problems too, high BP, insomnia, stomach problems. All stress related. I'm so glad I quit when I did, I'm much more relaxed too & DH is much, much happier.. Those are things money can't buy.

MayinJerset
March 25th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Oh, I'm trying hard not to listen to today's DD's call but I'm weakening. I'm in the process of de-stashing and it seems counterproductive to keep buying more fabric when I'm giving a lot away. Got past the urge when beige and black jelly rolls were offered as I love using the strips for sashing for the scrappy quilts I make.

asta
March 25th, 2015, 08:38 AM
I too am trying to resist this deal. It is in my cart and I am roaming around the shop, avoiding the check out lines.

Carolyn
March 25th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I like this idea of beefing up the stash before retirement. You never know what life may throw at you. Lets all be prepared with lots of fabric just in case.

Kgrammiecaz
March 25th, 2015, 10:53 PM
I like this idea of beefing up the stash before retirement. You never know what life may throw at you. Lets all be prepared with lots of fabric just in case.

Thats what I tell my girls I am doing. Will not have money in the budget to buy a lot, so want to have a lot of stash. That way I will mostly need to buy things to finish projects. I have 5 more years to build. Fun fun.