PDA

View Full Version : I am not enjoying cuddle cloth/minky fabric

Equilady
March 24th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I had big plans for what I was going to make with some cuddle cloth charm squares I bought. So far I've changed those plans 3 times because I just can't get them to act right.
Any buddy have any advice?
Thanks,
Susan

KPH
March 24th, 2015, 11:28 PM
I made blocks for my grandson with minky fabric. As I recall, it wasn't too bad- just messy!

I made an applique minky quilt for my grandaughter. Pinning was a must.

Katrina

Pandabear
March 25th, 2015, 12:37 AM
I made the infinity scarf with minky. Once. I hated every minute of it. I have heard that a walking foot helps. I'm not planning on finding out if it's true.

bhaggerty
March 25th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Used minky as a quilt back once....never again!
So hard to work with. Best of luck !

Momofmonsters5
March 25th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Secret is use a walking foot, it feeds evenly

Simply Quilting
March 25th, 2015, 02:08 AM
I used it to make a rag quilt. The walking foot is a huge help.

Carlie Wolf
March 25th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I didn't have a problem when I made a scarf with it. I have to say though that I notice when I got my machine that it feeds in fabric very easily and straight. It did the same with the minky and I don't use a walking foot. Since I hadn't gotten a new machine since around 2002 I thought maybe they were just being made differently and worked better. I don't know that I would try a large project with it though (the minky) and expect the same results. Not sure why.

a1angiem
March 25th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I did a lot of research about working with Minky and wrote a detailed post about it with Top Ten Tips and the best video I found. You can read it here:
Over the Kitchen Counter: Angie's Place for Cooking and Crafts: Top 10 Tips when Working with Minky (http://www.overthekitchencounter.com/over_the_kitchen_counter_/2014/03/working-with-minky.html)

Follow the tips and you should have no problems! It's so soft, it's worth it! Hope that helps!

lmanna
March 25th, 2015, 11:27 AM
I used minky for the back of a quilt once. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever again. I now just adore it from afar.