PDA

View Full Version : Tuesdays are my kinda day

Blondie
March 24th, 2015, 06:49 AM

Hello Folksies!

Yesterday was a nice enough day; it sure did feel like Spring with the coolness - just right for me. Sweatshirts and flip flops weather.

Mom is thinking about renting out some pasture land. It is difficult to find a good tenant for it. That doesn't sound like it would be a difficult proposition but trust me, your word and a handshake are not good for anything these days. So, I spent some time on the computer reading different lease agreements. There are fences down all over the place - those with cows know what I mean. The last tenant did not keep up his end of the agreement and left without notice. We've only had a guy from down The Hill come and bush hog and keep the hay. I hate to see land just fallow, so when a gentleman approached us, I get a little tickle at hearing the mooing again in the future. He has his work cut out for him if he agrees, because of those down fences. We need to look at the barns and stalls again but last I was up at the farm they were passable. There is a chicken house that our Handsome Ryan would like there. I call it the Coop DeVille.

Yesterday afternoon I made my Mom a new purse using RLR Creations new pattern. I made it from some denim fabric and added some eyelet to it. I'll carry it down there this morning. It looks like a Mommy Bag. Eventually I will make one for me. I have enjoyed the pattern.

Today middle son Josh and bff Ricky will do some of the clean up outside that I can't do. There is a whole lot of debris and trash down in the holler that I can't get to but I see whenever I am driving up to my house. Makes me feel like I live on Tobacco Road. Like everyone else, this winter was not only cold but good golly miss molly, the winter was ripping. I will make them some biscuits with butter and give them some honey. We have a bee box on the farm and it gives us the most delish honey.

Thinking of all the delightful Spring things that still need tending to outside always makes me smile. We generally go from freezing weather to hot as hades summer with no real spring weather. I am hoping for a nice long Spring. Off to find the coffee pot. Regardless of the season, coffee is a necessary get me up to go staple.

Blessings to each, prayers for those in need of them and hugs on the side. Smiles.

irishrn
March 24th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Good morning Blondie and all yet to wake up today! I'm up early cause the little one Casey wanted to go out. I think it was only to chase the neighbors cat, didn't seem like it was a nature call at all!! Took forever to get him back in!!
Spent yeaterday afternoon inside taping frog tape all around the trim in prep for today's painting. Really liking the frog tape better than painters tape, both the green and the yellow! Cleans up nice too! Then a final round of touch up in spots before I tackle the cabinets! I hope to get the dining room back in order before the kids arrive on Easter sunday!
Took a quick trip to Home Depot yesterday to get a few things. DH got away from me in the store and it took a while to find him! He has taken to wandering around and it is a time getting him reined in without making him feel like he can't be trusted alone! It's a delicate balance of late! Apparently he decided he needed a new hose nozzle and that was his focus!! But all went well and we got home in one piece!
So wishing everyone a great day with lots of warm sunshine!!!

Monique
March 24th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie I so envy your "Spring". Ours is on its way, but I think it took a detour somewhere. Another COLD start to the day.

I hear on the news yesterday of an accident that happened in South Carolina, somewhere near Myrtle Beach, I believe. A Canadian Soldier, his wife and seven month old son were killed in a fiery car crash. How tragic is that? So terribly sad.

I finished the quilting on the Frozen quilt and got the binding attached. I will finish the binding today and get the quilt washed. Pictures to follow.

Hubby's arm is no better and he did go for xrays last Friday (at the insistence of our friend Doug). I called and got him an appointment with our doctor for tomorrow at the out patient clinic. Let's hope he can do something for him.

I am starting to get ready for the weekend. This is Maizyn's BIG birthday party. It is a fairy themed party. Today I will make spaghetti sauce and tomorrow I will make baked beans to take with me. It is not for the party, in case you were wondering.

So that is all I have for today.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
March 24th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Good morning and Happy Tuesday. As expected, yesterday at work was quite busy. Since I was off for three days last week, there was a lot to catch up on. But it all is going pretty smoothly. Our houseguest (my cousins cat Myrtle) is getting more comfortable with us. She even came up on the couch and sat between dh and I last night while we watched tv. She enjoyed being pet and even went to sleep for a bit.

Spring chores and painting -- two things also on the list of what needs doing around here. The snow is all melted (again) so we may be able to do a walk-about and see what needs our attention. I can see just from looking out the window that there are a number of branches on some trees that need trimming, there is a small Japanese Maple that has gone downhill over the last couple of years and last year didn't leaf out at all so that needs to be taken out. Inside the house, the downstairs bedroom needs painting and a bit of an overhaul furniture-wise.

Time to move along here this morning. Everyone have a great day.

songbird857
March 24th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Morning all -
Hope you find a good tenant for the land, Blondie!
Eileen - my Cairn is barking at me about something outside right now - no way am I letting her out there to bark so the neighbors can hear it too ;) (she's already been out to do her thing so this is just curiosity!)
Monique - Can't wait to see the frozen quilt - what is it about that movie anyway?? So special.
Ginny - ditto on the spring chores - I didn't get anything done yesterday - I'd better get crackin'

Soooo.... DD passed her learner's permit test yesterday!!! Woohoo!! The RMV was having computer issues, so it took waaay too long, and DD missed her college class, but it's done and I'm so happy for her. The lady was super nice - noticed in the system that my daughter was taking it for the fourth time and said she was giving her a written test, as opposed to the computerized version. That did the trick, my daughter said she wished they had given her that option the first time...
Definitely hoping to get some cleaning in today - maybe some sewing on my quilt top :)
Hope everyone has a great day today!

CarolynK
March 24th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Monday was busy at work and looks to be the same today. I got outside last weekend to do my Springtime cleaning and got the front garden ready to plant some flowers. Had to bring in about 7 wheelbarrows of dirt---my aching back! But it's done and looks much nicer now. We're so dry here so I had to water some. My hyacinths are up and the tulips are on the way. I love it when everything starts peeking through the dirt - Spring is here.

Had to get some new clothes for my new job. Now, I could be a professional shopper, but buying clothes and shoes when I HAVE to is not the same as when I'm just out shopping and see something I like. Seems like when you're really looking for something you have a hard time finding it.

Off to get on to work and some more coffee! Have a great day! Hugs, prayers and smiles to all!

Carolyn

Plentziana
March 24th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Hello Blondie and all, today I got up and followed with a horrible rainy day, and run to 6,which makes me feel a litle sad,are 12 am and finished things from home and my food is prepared, so I have connected with the forum and has appeared your thead and your mood has made me feel better and you feel doing new things during the week my life is a little boring because my husband goes to work and does not reach 8 pm.and my granddaughters are in the ikastola (its a school where they leam our language "Euskera", other the Spanish) and not arrive until 5 pm. so rainy days do not go out and Im a little sad. While this rain is over and soon the sun appears,control all the people of this forum great encouragement and hugs.

WendyI
March 24th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Feeling under the weather today so I'm going back to bed. Just popped in to wish you all a great day and send hugs where needed. Xox

Mpyles
March 24th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Good morning! Up for work...yuck! Need to figure out when and how I can get our fur baby Jake to the vet. He started limping yesterday and by the time I got home it was a really bad limp. I looked it all over and I can't see anything so I guess I will have to take him in. He got up in my truck on Sunday, twice and I jut wonder if he hurt something getting up and down.

Sounds like spring is popping up all over! Daffodils are up here! Everyone have a great day!

Bubby
March 24th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Plentziana, I hope you have a very happy day. When you are home alone that's a good time to be creative with your sewing.

Today I have a haircut (at last) and Jeff has a doctor's appointment in Houston with his primary care physician. It will be a busy day. We are getting some chilly weather again, but all I need is for the ice and snow to stay away and make way for Spring.

It's doubtful if I will find time to sew today. If Jeff will sleep in a little maybe I can squeeze in a few minutes of machine time.

Wishing everyone a beautiful Tuesday. I'm off to drink my tea.

Grandma Nan
March 24th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Well its a sunny bright day but like Monique mentioned it is still very chilly here. Our snow is almost gone so that is a step in the right direction. I saw the robin yesterday in someones post which means we will start our "battle of wills" pretty soon.

The robins are bound and bet that they are going to build over our front and back door every year so we have a sort of love/hate relationship. We have a nice maple tree in the yard but they want to use the light over the door. And we could learn some determination from these little guys. I think DH knocked down the beginnings of 14 nests last year before they finally gave up.

My voice is slowly returning, I have a bit of scratchy voice today and its about time. I have been whispering for 10 days and you really don't leave much of an impact when you whisper. lol. Slow and steady I guess. This winter's flu has knocked me for a loop. Please take care not to come in contact if you can help it. I'm going back to work with my ladies who make the heart pillows today and looking forward to seeing them.

Picked up my Suzy Singer Featherweight yesterday and she is in fine health according to Mr.Tim. So here is my plan. My sister wants to learn to quilt so I said I would join a beginner class with her so I think to add a bit of challenge for me (I've already done this class, even the same sampler quilt a couple of years ago) I'm going to make the quilt with my 'featherweight". This is making the thought of the class a lot more appealing. I wanted to take it though to support my sister to get quilting as I think she will love it.

I am also looking forward to going to a "schoolhouse" this weekend with one of the LQS. She has set up 16 stations of a variety of techniques and mini workshops. Each person will attend 8 but When you register you will receive the notes for all 16. Ideally it is best to go with someone and exchange information of what you learned in the classes but even tho I'm going alone it sounds fun.

Well I should head off to the shower and get ready to go to see my Red Heart Pillow Ladies- so much fun they are.

Have a great Tuesday. I am so glad to be starting to feel better but I will take it easy so as not to relapse.

KPH
March 24th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Off to the dentist this afternoon. crown or root canal, final decision will be made when they see what's happening with this molar. Naturally, it's the last one on the back. Hopefully I can get some reading done while I'm waiting.

Happy Tuesday!

Katrina

MayinJerset
March 24th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Blondie you sure have a pretty big swatch of that hill to take care of, hope new tenant works out well and fixes what needs fixing so his cows can moo contently.

Our property doesn't look too bad but we haven't checked all of it yet as it's kind of mushy out there. I'm happy the azaleas my sons planted for me last fall survived the winter and am looking forward to their blooms.

Still lots of laundry to put away, mostly my stuff that's on hangers - need DH to put them in the closet for me as I can't lift them up high enough to get on the rod. DH wants to go food shop and do errands today as he has something to do tomorrow and his spring break at school is over and his class resumes on Thursday. That brings us to Friday and another week almost over.

Came across this yesterday and it's our Blondie to a T.105109

Andrea F
March 24th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Good afternoon to everyone! After a wonderful weekend with my BFF in Amsterdam and at Europes biggest craft fair I'm on stay-cation for the next two weeks. I have nothing planned for today as I need some rest. It was wonderful but exhausting.

I'm kind of startled and on edge today because there was a plane accident with a German airline this morning. 150 people on the machine and no hope that anybody might have survived the crash. The machine came from Barcelona and was on its way to Duesseldorf. It disappeared from the radar over south France and helicopters localized wreck pieces already. There was a German school class with their teachers on the plane who were in Spain for a student exchange. One of my coworkers is Spanish and I really hope there was nobody on that plane she knew. She hasn't texted me back yet. My thoughts are with the families of the victims today. What a terrible tragedy.

kimsophia
March 24th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Woo hoo! My new machine sews well with invisible thread in both the top and the bobbin! Tried the washable glue and hot iron method for basting my blocks together. Seems to work well, although I had to use a fresh bottle of school glue to get my new metal fineline applicator tips to work. I guess the glue in the used bottle was too thick. If you are interested in glue basting, here is the web site I used: Glue Basting Basics // Technique Tutorial Tuesday ? Pile O' Fabric (http://pileofabric.com/blogs/modern-quilting/15173677-glue-basting-basics-technique-tutorial-tuesday)

auntiemern
March 24th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Good day all. What a whirlwind couple few weeks I am in for. DH had his appt with the urologist yesterday, and is sending him to St. Louis University Hosp to have his prostate taken care of. He was hoping he would get the cath removed yesterday, but was not to be. He still has his pal with him til after the surgery. Hoping they can get him in between DD and Gabe. DD has some amazing friends that will help care for her and the kids, so I don't have to worry quite so much with that one. I DO have to stay at the hospital when Gabe has his though, because she will only be a week out of surgery and will be in a wheel chair. If need be DSD can come stay with her dad for a few days if necessary.
Me, I don't know which end is coming or going. I don't do stairs well, but have to do laundry. Went down the other day to do some and the machine wasn't spinning. (when it rains it pours). Finally had time to have a repairman come this morning. 5 minutes, and $138 later and it is working. Now on to the mountain of laundry that has accumulated over the past week and a half.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. ( I could use some of those too :) )

lourixe
March 24th, 2015, 11:55 AM
I'm kind of startled and on edge today because there was a plane accident with a German airline this morning. 150 people on the machine and no hope that anybody might have survived the crash. The machine came from Barcelona and was on its way to Duesseldorf.

We are under shock as this is the flight my brother was taking tomorrow. My heart goes to all the families and friends of the victims.

Granny Judy
March 24th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Got a bit of a chill this morning, so moving really slow. Sun is shinning, tho!! That always makes me feel good.

Put together my old machine (retired singer) with some jelly rolls and extra quilting items for a dear friend.. She is coming by this week end and I will show her the basics for a JR quilt. She moved out of state with her DH because of his NEW job and is so home sick that she breaks down and cries when she can't come "home" each month. We've (the family) convinced her she needs a hobby and she chose quilting!! YOU BET I'LL HELP HER START!!!

Actually I'm looking forward to getting another person hooked!! Wish me luck.

Andrea F
March 24th, 2015, 12:20 PM
We are under shock as this is the flight my brother was taking tomorrow. My heart goes to all the families and friends of the victims.

Thank God he was not on this flight. I just learned that the pupils and teachers that died on that plane were from my neighbor town.

toggpine
March 24th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Just catching up on everyone's day while I warm up the milk for the lamb bar (kid bar in our case). I feel bad giving them cold milk on chilly mornings, as they hunch up and turn into fuzz balls trying to warm back up.

Be careful Marilyn! I swear the laundry breeds when you turn your back. I think I may be down to my last load or two. I washed all of the bed linens, including the blankets, and it seemed like there was no end to the laundry this weekend. I may just go for broke and wash all of the couch quilts while I am at it and be done with it.

I'd like to say I am going to get to the sewing room today and put in some time with Bernette. Every time I say that, something else comes up and I never quite make it in there. Using the reverse psychology method and hoping it works: I am not going to get to sew today.
I was saddened to hear about the plane crash this morning. Now to hear that there were so many students, well, it's even worse. When you think about the total number of people who fly and the number of deaths from crashes, it's still safer than driving. Small comfort to those who lost friends and family though. My prayers for the victims and their loved ones.

Off to feed the babies and get on with the day.
Hugs, Cathy

Simply Quilting
March 24th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Good Morning! I can finally get on this morning. I had planned on getting on earlier but the lightening was so bad that it was safer not to. We have finally gotten some rain - almost an inch. I am very excited about that as we really need the moisture.

I don't have a lot planned for the day. I am hoping to finish the baby quilt top that I started last night. Just sewing charms together but it is looking very cute.

Hugs Marilyn. Don't forget to take care of yourself so you don't get down.

Prayers to those who need them.

Have a nice Tuesday everyone :)