PDA

View Full Version : Monday

Blondie
March 23rd, 2015, 06:38 AM

Hello and Happy Monday Folksies

I woke up in a good mood and almost ready for the day. Then I read our Swedish Leo's recent thread about tree climbing, cats and massage therapy and I was really set for the day with a big smile on my face. So, my Monday is already off to a good start.

My dear friend who came to visit left last evening. The visit was far too short. We talked and talked and talked and talked. We walked all around the place. It was a comfort to me and also to her, that some things haven't changed. Like us. We also consoled ourselves that we haven't changed in our looks too much either. I know that I have but the only thing I noticed on her was that her hair has the most extraordinary white streak at her widows peak.
She is embroidering a whole cloth quilt top. I have my never ending quilt basket loaded with quilt tops in various stages of completing.

Before she arrived on Saturday, I killed our first snake of the season on our deck. A young cottonmouth. I am not afraid of snakes but yikes. All the raking of the leftover leaves from the fall need to be done. I will wear my two left feet rubber boots while I finish the spring cleaning out there. Hubs went to the store and came home with 7 boxes of mothballs, crushed them up and spread said stinky things around the perimeter of our house and doors. In a way, the scent is almost comforting and makes me think of my grandparents homes.

Enjoy your day, for those who had snow while I enjoyed some spring weather, you have my sympathy. While I was cleaning and raking, I did think of our May in particular. Hugs to you May. And here's a smile to go with it.
Here are hugs, blessings, smiles and more for each one here.

buckeyequilter
March 23rd, 2015, 07:09 AM
Good morning....

I'm in a good mood too, woke up early and am going to be getting ready for work in a few minutes. My foot is feeling much better, even with being on it a lot yesterday.

Tonight, I think I'm going to pin my practice quilt on the frame and give it a go. I'm going to get all the tops and backs I have finished ready to go then I'm just going to have a quilting marathon for awhile. I really want to get those out of the way before I start making more. I have a few more to make for family and then I'm on to doing whatever I want - YEAH!!!! I have two huge quilt projects that I want to get to and then I want to make myself a couple of purses.

Well off to get ready for work....have a wonderful day!

lourixe
March 23rd, 2015, 07:26 AM
It's spring cleaning week here as well, and I also need to prune the last two small fruit trees before they start budding. I'm working a short shift today and DH is not home, so I'm having plenty of sewing time this evening. Normally it's his radio that wakes me up, but today I had a wonderful chirping concert!

Bubby
March 23rd, 2015, 07:48 AM
Morning Everyone,

Spring has definitely sprung here. Blondie, we killed out first snake of the year yesterday. Ours was a brown snake with a ring around his neck. Now we have to be careful where we walk and take extra caution with the Girls, who BTW are still sound asleep. My allergies have sprung, too.

Jeff has PT this morning so I will dash over to WalMart while he works out for some bread and milk. My Epstein-Barr is flaring and I have the rash on my abdomen and scalp. I will see my doctor tomorrow. I'm already taking steroids that I had left over from the last round of EB.

Yesterday I started a Chopped quilt from the Snowbird line. Edyta Sitar is such an incredible quilter and fabric designer.

Hoping everyone has a great Monday. Hugs....

Monique
March 23rd, 2015, 07:51 AM
Good morning. Blondie, you can just keep those snakes at your house please. Back to a deep freeze here this morning. Winter, you can just take a hike and never come back please. It's cold in my house.

Almost done the Frozen quilt so I will work on that today and do some cleaning up while hubby is away at work. His arm isn't much better but he did go for an xray on Friday. They told him the doctor would have the report within two weeks. YUP!!

Maizyn's birthday is next week and this coming weekend is the big birthday party, so that is where we will be headed at the end of the week.

We did go to the antique sale on Saturday. I bought a vintage piece of fabric and two sets of napkins that I think will work into a quilt. We shall see.

Have a great day everyone.

songbird857
March 23rd, 2015, 08:06 AM
Lots of early birds this morning!!
Snakes - no thank you.
I will bring DD for her learner's permit this morning - 4th time's a charm... if you could pray for my girl I'd appreciate it! This girl has a 3.8 GPA in college but the permit test keeps kickin' her butt... she missed it by one lousy question last time :( We found a 2004 Toyota Corolla in great shape, and we bought it for her birthday last week - a little motivation - like - "oh!! I have a car in the driveway.... I gotta get my license!!" ;)
Really wanting to get some spring cleaning done myself. Inside the house and inside my body! Seems like I've been verrrrry attracted to comfort foods lately, so ya know what?? I ordered a blender! Seriously, I have been wanting one for years; had a crappy one many years ago - crappy blenders are crappy. So I did some research on reviews and ordered the Kitchenaid Diamond - good reviews without breaking the bank. Plus a rebate... DD picked the color - I was going to go with majestic yellow to match my trusty stand mixer, but when DD saw the cobalt blue she said "Mom!!!!! It's Tardis blue!!!!!!" Well, that settled it. Tardis Blue it is.
Everyone in our house likes smoothies (and crepes gosh darn it... ;))... I"m gonna have fun playing with recipes when it arrives.
So, today I think I will start cleaning out cabinets in my kitchen to justify the space on the counter that I'm gonna need... I'm gonna pull out EVERYTHING and decide what stays and what goes into the trash, what is given away, and what gets listed on Craigslist. Yup. time to clean.
Hope everyone has a great day today!

Mpyles
March 23rd, 2015, 08:49 AM
Good Monday morning! Work work work for me! Ufo club tonight...got mine finished! Blonde & Barb...keep the snakes. I had two in my house last fall....don't want an encore!

Have a great day!

Grandma Nan
March 23rd, 2015, 09:24 AM
Good morning. I am finally feeling much better this morning but still have no voice. This is 8 days of being either in bed or on the couch with flu and this laryngitis- such a blessing for DH. lol. I am going to work on really easy stuff today as my friends/family who have had this have ended up with a second relapse. So today I am going to work on finishing the thank you notes from mom's funeral donations and then try AGAIN to finish up the hand binding on one of the GS's quilts.

Hmmmm. Not sure here, I would love North Carolina weather year round but the snake thing kinda makes me pause and think. So do these bad boys bother you if you aren't raking in the leaves and disturbing their space?? I really don't want to rule out warm weather as I hate winter so much and though I don't love snakes, they don't bother me as long as they are not aggressive. I could have a healthy respect for their living space if I could have warm weather year round.

Hubs is gone off for his diabetic foot check up this morning and I am just mucking around here on cup #2. I will start pushing though to try and be a little more active today.

Have a good one folksies.

MRoy
March 23rd, 2015, 09:26 AM
Good morning! Barb and Blondie, please keep the snakes at your house. I'm terrified of them! It's going to be a pretty, sunny day here. I'm going to sit-n-sew this afternoon and I hope to finish the top of a donation quilt. Tomorrow, there is someone coming to take some furniture that I've donated. I've stored it in the basement covered up and I'll be glad to get rid of it so I can arrange some better storage space down there.

Happy Monday everyone!

WendyI
March 23rd, 2015, 09:32 AM
Morning everyone! Sorry guys...I feel bad for the snakes...well maybe not the cotton mouth...yikes Blondie! Poisonous snakes on your porch!

Woke up with some anxiety this morning. Hope it goes away soon...I do NOT like this feeling at all!

Had a nice weekend. Friday night was out again at a friends house for dinner with another friend. She's going through a very difficult divorce. Saturday went to Costco with another friend and we got food to entertain 7 people at her place. It was a fun evening. Yesterday had to go back to Costco...bought Liam some PJ's but they were WAY too big...ended up getting a much better deal so that was cool. Then got an oil change on the truck. Went back home and put my jammies back on and just laid around all day. It was nice to do since I'd been out every evening since Monday. Started watching a new series on Netflix called Bloodline...only on episode two and not sure about it all yet.

Hoping everyone has a great day. xox

MayinJerset
March 23rd, 2015, 09:41 AM
Good Morning all, Thanks for thinking of me Blondie while you were cleaning and raking your yard, 6 inches of snow we woke up to on Sat. morning melted away by Sat. afternoon. It exposed our yard and there isn't much to clean up to do and no snakes in sight! It's cold out but at least the sun is shining and making me feel like doing some Spring cleaning but I'm resisting the urge in favor of doing necessary laundry. DS#3 and family were visiting on the weekend so plenty of towels and sheets to wash. They stripped the beds so I'll leave clean linens on the beds and they'll make the beds up on their next visit.

Finally have DGD's engagement quilt finished and ready to give to her and her DH when we see them for Easter. M* did a beautiful quilting job, posted photos in Show and Tell. It's queen size and heavy and I had a difficult time putting on the binding as the weight of it kept pulling it away from the needle. I took it real slow and machine sewed binding on in the front and back. Hands are bothering me and there was no way I could have hand sewn the binding down in back on such a big quilt, thread matches the border and binding so the stitches aren't noticeable. Now next to my next project that needs to be finished.

irishrn
March 23rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
Morning all! First morning without my GF's dog visiting. He was so happy to see her arrive yesterday afternoon! My guy Casey didn't seem too upset when he left. He took two minutes to look around for him then jumped in my lap for a snuggle!!!
This will be day three in yard clean up! Have barely made a dent in the far back corner of the yard. Just pruning the overgrowth of bushes took a whole day! No snakes at all even though all my neighbors have had several to deal with! They kill the good snakes (black) even though they are benificial! I just don't get that.
Today need to get to town for some supplies. Need a new rake, trowel, and some new garbage cans!!! Plus DH needs to get the blower serviced! Once DH starts burning outside it drives me back inside. I cannot tolerate any of that smoke!
They I need to begin taping the walls for trim painting. That should take a good bit of time in itself!
Hope everyone has a good Monday! Warm and sunny weather wishes for all!!!

Madeforyouinma11
March 23rd, 2015, 10:53 AM
Good morning everyone! Wow, it sounds like everyone is having a good Monday. Spring break is over so my daughter will be going back to school today so I'll be off to take care of Julia soon. I did get some of my spring cleaning done last week, just not as much as I wanted to. I caught a cold again, but thankfully, it only lasted a couple of days this time and not weeks like the last one. At least I got most of the heavy stuff done. Now I'll just work on the rest a little at a time. It's a chilly 23 here this morning but the sun is shining and it's not snowing so I'm a happy camper. Working on so many things in my sewing room. Just want to get things done.
Well, hoping everyone has a great day. Hugs and prayers out to all who need them.

Carrie J
March 23rd, 2015, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Woke up to birds chirping, then the sound of a weedeater on steroids! The yard care crews are in full swing here, much to my ears dismay! Looks likes great temps, sun, and a lovely Spring day otherwise, all good, that's for sure! Blondie, snakes.....ugh, especially water mocs! The area we're in copperheads are our biggest issue, nasty little boogers! Chicken snakes will just scare the pee out of you! After breakfast, a long walk with the pup, we're both trying to work off the Winter Butt Syndrome, then a few chores and sewing. Made a set of placemats, oven mitt and matching potholders for the new neighbor that just moved in across the street as a Welcome gift. Hope she cooks, LOL! They weren't home when I went over, so put the bag on their front porch with a note, hope she likes them. Off to get breakfast started, then hit the walking trails, a Good Day to all, Hugs and Blessings to all! :D

RockinLou
March 23rd, 2015, 11:02 AM
Today was FANTASTIC!

I went through all of my daughters clothes and have three big piles to give away, or return to my sisters if the case may be...

Then we drove up into the mountains, rode a gondola and ate at a nice restaurant at the Ski Resort. It was beautiful out today and the kids were really good.

We stopped at a bike shop on the way home, too expensive!! Then we went to a specialty grocer and and found Easter Egg dye, which was fantastic. So we headed to the next sports store, and they didn't have the right size bike for DD or the right size shoes, so we went to ANOTHER store... DS fell asleep in the car and had a nice nap, and at the last store we found shoes for DS and a bike for DD yay!! When we got home I took the kids for a bike ride while DH made dinner, and now we are getting them ready for bed... I can't decide between passing out and sewing!! LOL!

I will probably sleep, I need to go through DSs clothes tomorrow, and go in to work for a stretch... The rest of the week will be lovely if I can knock out some work though!!

sewluvit
March 23rd, 2015, 11:10 AM
Morning everyone! Sorry guys...I feel bad for the snakes...well maybe not the cotton mouth...yikes Blondie! Poisonous snakes on your porch!

Woke up with some anxiety this morning. Hope it goes away soon...I do NOT like this feeling at all!

Had a nice weekend. Friday night was out again at a friends house for dinner with another friend. She's going through a very difficult divorce. Saturday went to Costco with another friend and we got food to entertain 7 people at her place. It was a fun evening. Yesterday had to go back to Costco...bought Liam some PJ's but they were WAY too big...ended up getting a much better deal so that was cool. Then got an oil change on the truck. Went back home and put my jammies back on and just laid around all day. It was nice to do since I'd been out every evening since Monday. Started watching a new series on Netflix called Bloodline...only on episode two and not sure about it all yet.

Hoping everyone has a great day. xox
Wendy, we did marathon "Bloodline" on Friday, Saturday and last night lol. Finished the whole thing.

laura44
March 23rd, 2015, 11:14 AM
New week for all, hope it is blessed for everyone. Never see a snake around here,
I think all we have are garter snakes. Feeling a little anxiety today. In the last two weeks
we have decided to buy another home two hours away and sell ours within the next 6
months. Found a nice home on Sat and our offer was accepted. Last night I found a even
better home and I feel we should make an offer on it. No money was exchanged or lost on the
first home. I almost feel like that guy who is always looking for the "prettier" girlfriend.
But it will be the last home we own. In our area homes get multiple offers on the first day
of showing. I have been praying on it hard. I know God has a plan for us, just wish he
would tell me in advance! A healthy, happy week to all.

pcbatiks
March 23rd, 2015, 11:21 AM
Good morning forum friends. It was a good weekend here. The book sale is over and I think they did even better than last year. There was about 50 people waiting to get in Friday morning. Yesterday was the Fill a Bag for $5 sale.......and they crammed those bags full. I sleep very well last night........didn't even dream about books! :D

Now I need to get our house cleaned up.........and get to work on the zombie quilt for our sons b-day.

Here's a couple of pictures for the book fans on the forum. 1st pic - morning of 1st day. 2nd pic - $5 Bag Sale, 3rd pic - shopping what was left of children's books

105000 105001

WendyI
March 23rd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Wendy, we did marathon "Bloodline" on Friday, Saturday and last night lol. Finished the whole thing.

oh? how was it?

Simply Quilting
March 23rd, 2015, 12:25 PM
Good Morning! A beautiful sunny day here. As far as snakes, not my favorite thing but I will take those over spiders. When I was growing up, there were two sides of the river - one had poisonous snakes, the other side had nonpoisonous snakes. I was so thankful that I lived on the nonpoisonous side. We would have 6 feet plus snakes but never had to worry about poison. But when I went to some friends' houses we did have to worry about the snakes.

This weekend I finished the table runner and breakfast bar runner for Mom. So we will take those over for her birthday dinner next weekend. I'm trying to decide which project that I want to start on next.

Nan, I hope you get feeling better soon.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them.

Have a great Monday everyone :)

ilive2craft2
March 23rd, 2015, 12:26 PM
Good Morning all! Started spring break off by sleeping in - no alarm clocks - woohoo! Woke up to sleet. Just means I need to get stuff done in the house instead of outside. There is plenty to do. Enjoying a cuppa or 2 before getting busy. Enjoying lazing about reading the forum.

I have several projects that I need to work on - need to quilt the top made from the antique blocks my neighbor gave me as well as the baby quilt top I did for my niece who is expecting her 2nd little girl in May. Need to bind several quilts - I got the binding strips cut for all of them. Also have several embroidery projects I need to get moving on - another fleece hat for a friends sister with cancer and Easter bunnies for all of the kids. I need to get off this couch and get a move on!

YellowCockatiel
March 23rd, 2015, 02:13 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Busy, busy morning. Baked cupcakes, hard boiled eggs, 2 loads of laundry, cut out fabric for an apron for the Easter Bunny to wear (don't ask). Now lunch is over, and on my way outside to SHOVEL SIX INCHES OF FRESH SNOW! And it's the wet and heavy kind.

Have a wonderful day -
Paula

Neller
March 23rd, 2015, 03:15 PM
Started watching a new series on Netflix called Bloodline...only on episode two and not sure about it all yet.

Wendy I have Bloodline on my list to watch too. I'm interested to see what you think of it.

Our DS who lives in Chicago is coming to town tomorrow for a 2 wk visit. He has requested I make his favorite fried chicken and my electric skillet died so first I have to get a new one. He's a chef and I am pleased that he thinks my fried chicken is the best. It's never the same: I just put flour and seasonings in a bag and drop the chicken pieces in and give it a good shake, then fry it up.

We are going to take the motor home on its maiden voyage to Seattle and then to Portland for dear DIL's baby shower. I have a ton of stuff to take her: one quilt, two knitted blankets, and enough little clothes to last her for a few months! I will have to rein myself in pretty soon. Or not.

I hope everyone has a good Monday. It's so nice to be on vacation and get to come on line a little more often.

pcbatiks
March 23rd, 2015, 05:45 PM
Okay count me in on the 1st snake sighting of the year list! Walking the dogs around the yard & saw a garter snake........glad that's all it was.

I do not like snakes around my house.
I would not like them with a mouse.
I do not like them in my yard.
I do not like to walk around "on guard."

And after reading this mornings thread about snake sightings........I was already watching the ground! :icon_eek: