PDA

View Full Version : A QUICK SUNDAY HELLO

MayinJerset
March 22nd, 2015, 11:38 AM
DS#3 and family are visiting for DH's Bday which we celebrated with pizza, 1 large plain and I large white, from Romeno's (DS's fave since high school). DS also picked up a Carvel Bday cake so we all had good eating. Grandpa made the kids, 14 yr old Ben and 18 yr old Josi, his 'official' grandkid's breakfast, pancakes. Makes him happy that he can flip the pancakes and talk with the kids one on one for a bit.

Sandy Navas
March 22nd, 2015, 12:10 PM
I should have been at your place for breakfast. Pancakes sound good right now. And you reminded me of Carvel's. We don't have one around here but when we lived in NY that was a favorite place to go.

Ginny B
March 22nd, 2015, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a fun time. Pizza, Carvel and pancakes. Yum

Monique
March 22nd, 2015, 12:49 PM
Have an awesome day May. Cold as h%%%ell here today. I am going to stay in.

RockinLou
March 22nd, 2015, 12:59 PM
Oh, now I want pizza!!

We had pancakes for dinner tonight!! And a few days ago, my daughter really enjoys helping her dad in the kitchen, this is something they make together.

Today I introduced her to Rice Krispie Treats, which we had fun making. I wish we could find Rice Krispies more often here, and marshmallows.... It's a rare but delicious event that we have them both in at once!!

quiltingtrish
March 22nd, 2015, 01:44 PM
Happy Birthday to your husband, May. It's a great day to have one!

Bubby
March 22nd, 2015, 01:48 PM
It sounds like your DH's birthday is filled with the joy of family and good food. Some Carvel sounds wonderful...it's been ages.

toggpine
March 22nd, 2015, 01:52 PM
When I used to visit my father, he would make pancakes for us on Sunday morning. One year for Christmas, I found him a beautiful pottery pitcher bowl to replace the slightly too small plastic bowl he had been using. I told him that way, even when I wasn't there, the whole family could still be represented at Sunday breakfast. I wonder if they still use it.

Grandparent time is THE best. Pizza, pancakes, birthday cake, any reason at all. Every minute is precious. I hope Mr. In Jersey had a good birthday!
Hugs to you both! C

bscuzz
March 22nd, 2015, 02:03 PM
Happy Birthday Mr. May! (my Mr. is often called Mr. B!) May, you are probably off the Forum having fun with 'family' but just wanted to say that earlier today I baked your 'Irish Soda Bread' recipe 'n just had the first piece - - and I'm in trouble, my Mr. doesn't care for ISB so that means I'm gonna eat it all myself . . it's sooo good! That should wipe out that 'weight loss fm surgery' - HOPE NOT!

Pancake breakfast, pizza for Birthday festivities and Carvel cake (my 2 DGS's favorite, every time they visit, we get Carvel, Birthday or not) - your DH's Birthday sounds perfect in every way

Did I say thank you for the ISB recipe!! It's a keeper!

MayinJerset
March 22nd, 2015, 07:49 PM
B, Glad the ISB recipe was to your liking.

This weekend was the end of DH's BDay celebrating, it's on 3/10. Sunday before DS#2 and DS#1 were over for tea and cake, cards and gift from 1 DGD arrived during the week, on the 10th DS#2's DDs both called DH and I took him out for dinner and this weekend's visit from DS#3 and family who live in MA as the last, but not least of the celebrating.

Everyone has gone and DH and I are enjoying leftovers, minestrone soup I made for Saturday's lunch, hard rolls and Italian bread and enough of the Carvel ice cream cake for 2 servings - oh the vanilla ice cream was so tasty. No pizza left as grandkids ate it for lunch before they left for home.

kimsophia
March 23rd, 2015, 12:01 AM
Happy Birthday Mr. May! (my Mr. is often called Mr. B!) May, you are probably off the Forum having fun with 'family' but just wanted to say that earlier today I baked your 'Irish Soda Bread' recipe 'n just had the first piece - - and I'm in trouble, my Mr. doesn't care for ISB so that means I'm gonna eat it all myself . . it's sooo good! That should wipe out that 'weight loss fm surgery' - HOPE NOT!

Pancake breakfast, pizza for Birthday festivities and Carvel cake (my 2 DGS's favorite, every time they visit, we get Carvel, Birthday or not) - your DH's Birthday sounds perfect in every way

Did I say thank you for the ISB recipe!! It's a keeper!

Wait a minute...May's Irish Soda Bread recipe is up? I have been hoping to see it!

MayinJerset
March 23rd, 2015, 12:05 AM
Sent it to B via PM - I'll post it in the recipes section.