PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday

quiltingtrish
March 22nd, 2015, 11:18 AM
Doesn't look like anyone started a thread for today so here it is.

Today is a wonderful day. My daughter, Katie, turns 21 - whohoo! We were hoping she would get leave and get to come home but just signing in on her new base, we knew it would be a long shot.

I am heading to the quilt room soon to play some more on my frame. I like to try different designs even though there isn't much room to do those in. It's still fun though. Later I will head to my Dad's.

Have a great day everyone and let us know what your Sunday plans are.

LRM
March 22nd, 2015, 11:39 AM
Good morning! We've been out helping get a cow and calf to behave. We have a very strange situation in which one of our cows got confused shortly after giving birth and thought her calf was one belonging to another cow. The two cows were "arguing" over the one calf. Meanwhile, there was a hungry baby wondering where its mother was. We put Ms. Confused and her hungry calf in the corral behind the house, but mom is still reluctant to accept her baby. We are using a powder (O No-more, as in orphan no more) to help the mom clean the baby and, hopefully, bond so the baby doesn't need to be bottle fed. The product works well when you have an orphan and a mom who has lost her calf. So far, however, Ms. Confused is not too friendly.

I have so many projects lined up and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I need to get my nieces baby quilt made (too bad I can't settle on a pattern) and I need to feel like all the fabric I've bought is put to good use!

As per Murphy, I received my Miss Kate jelly roll in the mail yesterday and it is one of the daily specials today. Difference of $8.50. Oh well.

I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday. We will be in the mid 70s today with lots of sunshine!

MayinJerset
March 22nd, 2015, 11:42 AM
Trish, Guess we were posting at the same time but I got distracted with a phone call from my sister Patti.
Happy Bday to your DD.

MomGram
March 22nd, 2015, 11:47 AM
Good morning,

Trying to make myself get up and moving( almost 8am here). I'm planning to spend the day sewing. I even have a frozen lasagna planed for dinner. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Monique
March 22nd, 2015, 11:54 AM
Happy birthday Katie.

Sunny but FREAKIN!!! cold. Doing a little of that and a little of this today.

Have a great day everyone.

Sandy Navas
March 22nd, 2015, 12:08 PM

Sure hope you have a wonderful day!!

shirleyknot
March 22nd, 2015, 12:12 PM
More rain
I soggy
Got soggy doggie
She smells

KPH
March 22nd, 2015, 12:16 PM
Sorely rubbing the wallet, trips to the grocery store while we had the youngest son sit with mom. I'm planning to get the next round of borders, maybe two on my quilt, then I guess I'll check and see if it's 'long enough' to suit the DH.

Have a great day, sun isn't going to be a problem in the sewing room today!

Katrina

Carrie J
March 22nd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Morning All! More rain last night, and again this morning, thought we'd be in for another gloomy day, BUT the weatherman got it wrong! Sun just popped out here, OMG! Though the prediction cancelled the overnight stay at Big Sis's, had a great day out with her yesterday. And finally got the upper hand over JoAnne's to boot! Plans remain the same here to sew today, and there'll be lovely light in the sewing room as a result of the long missed and awaited sun! Coffee done, late breakfast in the making......hope everyone has a great Sunday! :D

Ginny B
March 22nd, 2015, 12:42 PM
Happy Birthday to Katie! Louise, I hope Ms. Confused gets unconfused soon.

Nice and sunny here today but still pretty cold. I plan on spending a lot of time in my sewing room today. We are cat sitting my cousins cat for a few weeks so I hope to get to spend some time with her too. She just arrived yesterday and she has never met us before so she is a bit nervous. But not freaking out or anything so I think in a few days she will be comfortable once she figures out that we are cat people..

Enjoy the day everyone. Each one is precious

Grandma Nan
March 22nd, 2015, 01:00 PM
Well I'm late to the party but same here, sunny but really chilly. Brrrrrr. I am still recuperating from the flu and observing voice rest for my laryngitis. Oh how difficult that is for me. Actually starting to feel human again. If only I would stop coughing and my voice would return. I'm sick of being sick and I had a flu shot.

RockinLou
March 22nd, 2015, 01:02 PM
Hello!! I've been sewing on and off all day, I made my daughter an adorable summer outfit. It is now 10 at night, I'm wide awake, and DH is watching Star Wars, so I think I will head back to the sewing room :-)

We got the kids to bed early tonight, hopefully they wake up cheerful tomorrow! I'm not sure what we'll do, but we need to get out for a bit.... DD needs a bicycle, so maybe we will take care of that for her! We have the whole week of!!

irishrn
March 22nd, 2015, 01:22 PM
Well, it's officially afternoon here! Today should be the last day of dog sitting for one GF and the first day of cat sitting for another!
But the cats are at her house so that's a bit easier. My Casey wouldn't tolerate a house cat at all! The dogs have had a few " moments" over the past few days but no one was bleeding! Just a lot of muddy feet chasing each other thru the yard!!
Haven't been in the sewing room since last Monday and I doubt I'll get there this week either. Need to finish painting the kitchen and dining room trim. Then the kitchen cabinets. So it's gonna be a while!! But I have a baby girl quilt waiting for May. So I'll have to at least get something planned soon!
Hope everyone has a good Sunday and spring finds you all soon!! Happy birthday to Katie! Oh to be 21 again, if only for the young brain!!

toggpine
March 22nd, 2015, 01:38 PM
Good Sunday to you!

Well I'm in a sticky wicket. My mom read an article about a new fangled (not really) tool for trimming hooves. It was not cheap and she had mentioned to (step)Dad that she wanted to get it as it should help my hands from hurting after trimming hooves, but maybe by Christmas she could save up the $ for it. (They have an odd marriage, but that is another story.) Anyhow, Dad said to order it. It has arrived and been gifted for my birthday. I now have an expensive grinding tool for goat feet. I don't really want it or need it.

If I'd just not trim ALL of the feet on one day, I wouldn't get blisters nor aggravate my arthritic bits. The grinder is heavier than my hoof nippers and I have to have a power source to 'trim'. I'm not sure what to do. I DID thank them profusely, and promise to give it a try. I'm just looking at it thinking, "Hmmm. That is the equivalent of another tool (that I do need) plus a ton of alfalfa (that the goats want). " Neither of which I would have ever asked for as a gift, as they are too expensive. (Not even going to contemplate how much fabric that would have been, as my stash is stuffed.) I shall honor my promise and give it a try, and then decide where to go from there. I just feel horrible that they bought me a gift I didn't really like.

After topping off the babies milk bucket and trying to get a few pictures, I'm going to barricade myself in my sewing nook for a while. Even if I only work on more mending.

toggpine
March 22nd, 2015, 01:42 PM
Trish, it is good to hear that Katie seems to be doing well with her enlistment! I remember she gave you fits there for a few years. Happy Birthday to her. Congrats Mom on getting her through her teenage years!

Bubby
March 22nd, 2015, 01:53 PM
Wishing Katie a very Happy Birthday!

It's a pretty day here. I'm worn out and feel like taking a nap. The past few weeks have been taxing. I have the urge to sew, so I'm off to see what I can get done. I'm thinking of a Chopped quilt. I saw one at the main shop at M* last Fall and fell in love with it. It looks so much nicer in person than in the photo in Block. There was another Chopped quilt displayed in the Civil War shop also and it was gorgeous made from Snowbird fabric by Laundry Basket Quilts. See you later....fabric is calling me!

Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday.

Sandy Navas
March 22nd, 2015, 02:35 PM
Good Sunday to you!

Well I'm in a sticky wicket. My mom read an article about a new fangled (not really) tool for trimming hooves. It was not cheap and she had mentioned to (step)Dad that she wanted to get it as it should help my hands from hurting after trimming hooves, but maybe by Christmas she could save up the $ for it. (They have an odd marriage, but that is another story.) Anyhow, Dad said to order it. It has arrived and been gifted for my birthday. I now have an expensive grinding tool for goat feet. I don't really want it or need it.

If I'd just not trim ALL of the feet on one day, I wouldn't get blisters nor aggravate my arthritic bits. The grinder is heavier than my hoof nippers and I have to have a power source to 'trim'. I'm not sure what to do. I DID thank them profusely, and promise to give it a try. I'm just looking at it thinking, "Hmmm. That is the equivalent of another tool (that I do need) plus a ton of alfalfa (that the goats want). " Neither of which I would have ever asked for as a gift, as they are too expensive. (Not even going to contemplate how much fabric that would have been, as my stash is stuffed.) I shall honor my promise and give it a try, and then decide where to go from there. I just feel horrible that they bought me a gift I didn't really like.

After topping off the babies milk bucket and trying to get a few pictures, I'm going to barricade myself in my sewing nook for a while. Even if I only work on more mending.

I have gotten so many of those type gifts through the years . . . I'd almost leave it packed and return it and use the money for something you do need . . . (as I remember something expensive that I received and have never used that sits taking up space).

Neller
March 22nd, 2015, 03:03 PM
It's a sunny day in Nine Mile Falls. I sorted out 5 packs of batik charm squares to make a Plus quilt and I have a jelly roll all sewn into one long strip to start the jelly roll race quilt and I am officially on vacation for two weeks! When I go back (which I really won't want to) I'll have six weeks left until retirement. After working for 40 years I am ready to hang up my stethoscope and do something else, like quilting, knitting, travelling and awaiting the birth of my first grandchild. She's a girl and the parents to be are keeping her name secret so I call her Little Ethel Lou! I can't wait to meet her!

I am sure enjoying reading about everyone's varied lives. The woman in Sweden who climbed a tree to rescue a cat earlier this week, the woman with the goats and the unwanted present, and the woman with the confused cow and semi-orphan calf... everyone has such different experiences yet we are all bound together by our love of quilting, I am going to the Fall Forum in September and hope to meet some of you there.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

MayinJerset
March 22nd, 2015, 07:32 PM
Neller, Yes, we are a diverse group that have been brought together by our love of quilting. Like you I also enjoy learning about the different lifestyles of forum members.

buckeyequilter
March 22nd, 2015, 08:53 PM
I'm really late for the party.....but I'm here :)

It's been a nice day here - weather has been nice. A little cold but no snow or rain.

I've been babying my foot....but managed to go get a few groceries. I put the borders on a baby quilt that I'm making for my niece, the baby is due in May so I need to get it finished up and sent to her. My quilting room is a converted garage so it has a cement floor and I've been trying not to stand too long on it. Hopefully by the middle of the week I'll be back in there more.

Well I need to get a few things finished up around here because it's back to work tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening!