PDA

View Full Version : Warning for those using Craig's List - A tragedy in Colorado

JCY
March 21st, 2015, 04:44 PM
A young mom, 7 mos. pregnant, answered a Craig's List ad for baby clothes at a private residence. She was attacked & her unborn baby was cut out of her womb with a kitchen knife! The woman who did it, put the baby in the bathtub & told her husband she had miscarried. He saw the baby take its last breath. He rushed both his wife & the baby to the local hospital. Meantime, the poor mom was left alone in a bedroom bleeding. She finally gathered enough strength to call 911 & tell the dispatcher where she was & help came. She will survive, but has lost her baby. She has received sympathies from people all over the world. What a tragedy! My heart goes out to her & her family.

What gets me is that the perpetrator cannot be charged with murder. According to Colo. law, a "fetus" is not a "person" until it is outside the womb & living! The Personhood amendment has come up various times in our legislature, but hasn't passed. There was another case where a woman's car was hit by a drunk driver. She was close to term in her pregnancy. Her baby died as a result of the accident. Because the baby wasn't born yet, it wasn't considered a "person", so the drunk driver was not charged with murder. Where is the justice?!!!!

At least both of these precious babies are in Heaven with Jesus.

Amy R
March 21st, 2015, 04:51 PM
the news gets worse and worse every day

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2015, 05:04 PM
We had a similar incident near here several years ago - the baby survived but the mother didn't. The father, bless his heart is raising his beautiful little girl. The woman who did the slash and take was arrested - I'm not certain of the outcome - I'll have to research that.

Prayers for the whole family.

bhaggerty
March 21st, 2015, 05:23 PM
How horrible! Similar incident 2 years ago here in Houston,... lady with her newborn child was walking to their car after a 2 week well check and the mother was stabbed to death and a lady made off with the baby. She was found less than a week later and the father is raising his child without the mother

Hulamoon
March 21st, 2015, 05:54 PM
That's so horrible. Especially that law.

I'm going to be selling a couch but I feel really safe here.

Carrie J
March 21st, 2015, 06:50 PM
Not only tragic, but purely evil, which seems to abound these days. Craigslist in the DFW area has a very nasty rep, speaking for myself, I would NOT shop via that particular site. Breaks my heart to hear what this poor woman suffered and her child at the hands of some lunatic! My heart goes out to her and her husband. What is WRONG with people these days?!? Society is regressing at a fearfully rapid rate!

Doloris
March 21st, 2015, 07:07 PM
I use craigs list a lot, but I try to meet in a public place, or I make DH go with me. He has a concealed carry permit and is always armed.
There have been several incidents where people have ended up dead from CL meetings around this area too. Just use common sense and don't go alone.

dwil23
March 21st, 2015, 08:12 PM
Tragic. I agree the laws need to be changed, but there are certain powerful lobbies that will fight tooth and nail against that.

I too have bought off of Craigslist and you have to be careful. I only once went to someone's home, but didn't go alone. I had already scoped out who lived there and it was an elderly man selling his deceased wife's sewing machine. Common sense should always rule.

snippet
March 22nd, 2015, 01:43 AM
I buy from Craigslist without fear. It's no different than answering a want ad in the paper (remember doing that?) You have to be careful, no matter what. This is the society we live in. It's not the same back when we were kids anymore. It's a shame too.

Mpyles
March 22nd, 2015, 02:06 AM
This is horrible, and if I were a lawyer I would argue if the husband saw the baby take its last breath...then it was definitely alive! So sick and so sad.

JCY
March 28th, 2015, 12:34 AM
The traumatized mother was released from the hospital this week. She was in ICU for several days. It will take a long time to emotionally heal from this tragedy. The DA said, according to Colo. law, he cannot charge the woman who did this with murder.