PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever

hsweany
March 21st, 2015, 10:33 AM
bought fabric and then were afraid to use it. I bought the Feed Company layer cake from Moda. I've been waiting for it to be released. As soon as I saw it on MSQC I grabbed it. Now I can't decide on a pattern because I don't want to ruin fabric I love. I'm thinking about Sweet Annie or a big hexagon. What do you think? I'm stuck!

Hulamoon
March 21st, 2015, 10:42 AM
I never saw the sweet annie before, it's cute! What is your fabric?

lourixe
March 21st, 2015, 10:52 AM
It happens to me all the time! Every time a get beautiful fabric I freak out! Often it takes me months to get the courage to cut into it.

Granny Fran
March 21st, 2015, 11:34 AM
What??? cut into beautiful fabric??? Half my stash would be gone. LOL

I think large hexies would keep your beautiful fabric showcased.

Sonic
March 21st, 2015, 11:40 AM
bought fabric and then were afraid to use it.

Why no, I've never done that!

**shoves uncut stack of deliciously delightful and sinfully rich batiks, that I have been petting for months, behind the couch so no one can see it**

starlover
March 21st, 2015, 12:32 PM
Both are great patterns, but I'm thinking the sweet annie might look better with more variety of color in the quilt. You're fabric only has four background colors. If you do choose the sweet annie, I'd group the same colors in each set of triangles. That would look nice and you wouldn't have the four colors repeated in each one.

Just a thought. I could wrong, but that's what I'd do. :) Have fun with whichever you choose, your fabric sure is nice. Either way, the finished quilt is going to be wonderful.