PDA

View Full Version : I never thought about it like this....

Deegles
March 21st, 2015, 09:47 AM

:lol:

LRM
March 21st, 2015, 09:53 AM
My husband has said many times (teasingly) that he doesn't get why I buy perfectly good fabric and then cut it up and sew it together again!. I told him it was just like food -- I buy perfectly good food in nice packages just to take it out and put it together into delicious meals. Same concept. He really does get it, but likes to tease especially when I'm in full rotary cutting frenzy.

MomGram
March 21st, 2015, 10:16 AM
Louise, hubby might not want to tease you when your in "full rotary cutting frenzy". Just sounds like a BAD idea. LOL

g8dhorse7
March 21st, 2015, 10:42 AM
My husband has said many times (teasingly) that he doesn't get why I buy perfectly good fabric and then cut it up and sew it together again!. I told him it was just like food -- I buy perfectly good food in nice packages just to take it out and put it together into delicious meals. Same concept. He really does get it, but likes to tease especially when I'm in full rotary cutting frenzy.

Just tell hubby that "perfectly good fabric" turns into fabulously awesome quilts :)

GrammaBabs
March 21st, 2015, 10:46 AM
Can you believe that back in the day when I worked at a fabric store.. there was one gal that used to say this all the time!! It was before quilting reached the "boom"... many were garment sewers back then,,, I thought it was funny and true because I wasn't a "quilter"....:)

Lonna
March 21st, 2015, 10:54 AM
I use to tell my husband it was like golf for me. Neither of us every played the game but he would watch it on tv. In golf you hit the ball and chase it hit the ball and chase it until you make it go into a little hole. Then do it all over again to another hole. Only difference after I would cut and sew and cut and sew I had something useful out of it. He would just shake his head and laugh and tell me to go and buy more fabric. He was such a supportive and understanding man.

Quiltfreestyle
March 21st, 2015, 11:34 PM
Yes, crazy we are!! It's it wonderful. :)

Sylvia H
March 21st, 2015, 11:39 PM
Look at how threadbare Yoda's shawl is. He needs a quilt to keep him warm. Won't think we are crazy then!

Preeti
March 22nd, 2015, 08:51 AM
That is exactly (well the same sentiment) what my grandma would say...
It destroys the integrity of the fabric and you get that ugly seam...

In fact, patched clothing is used to depict poverty in movies etc.

That is why patchwork/quilting is still in its infancy in India.