PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Greetings

Ginny B
March 21st, 2015, 09:12 AM
Good morning all and happy Spring. Not looking very springlike out there with the snow we got yesterday. It's supposed to melt pretty quickly today . It is very pretty out there though.

Well dear sis and I had a great time with two of my sons going through closets and boxes and discovering all kinds of wonderful things including paperwork showing that our German grandparents had become citizens. We had never actually known for sure. We also found some important
papers regarding the house that we thought had been destroyed years ago when the basement flooded. But some of the best things we found were letters between my dad and my grandparents while he was overseas during WWII and also some love notes he wrote to my mom. We are going to scan them and many other very interesting things that we came across.

Not sure what today will hold. I am a little tired this morning but we may head to a local spring flower show this morning. My cousin is coming by sometime later with his cat; we will be cat- sitting for a few weeks. I also have to find a place for the things that I brought back from Brooklyn with me.

But first I think I just want to catch up a bit here and watch yesterday's tutorial too. Have a great Saturday everyone.

KPH
March 21st, 2015, 09:16 AM
I spent one summer going through mom's house before we moved in. It's a hard job, but enjoy the memories! They are so precious. Be sure to let the younger generations know. There is so much about my great grandparents I'd love to know.

Katrina

Bubby
March 21st, 2015, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Spring is in the air. I have been seeing a few daffodils poking their heads out and also a few forsythias are in bloom.

I found out yesterday that our sweet neighbor, Karen, had a very severe stroke and she isn't expected to survive. I would appreciate prayers for her and her family. I believe she's in her late 40's. The last time I visited with her she mentioned she wasn't feeling well and couldn't go to see a doctor because of having no insurance. This makes me heartsick.

Jeff had physical therapy yesterday and isn't too sore this morning. He's determined to get back to work. I catch him doing risky things that he hasn't been cleared to do.

I did a little fabric shopping yesterday at our local shop. New spring lines are in and the place was crawling with quilters. I got to share how to piece curved seams with a lovely lady from St Louis. She was in town to pick up a quilt from Reggie (also my quilter). When she found out I live halfway between Reggie and our local fabric store she turned green...lol!

It's supposed to be a nice day. I still have to unload the truck from our busy work day Thursday. I feels wonderful not having to go to Cuba today.

Wishing everyone a wonderful first day of Spring!

LRM
March 21st, 2015, 09:59 AM
Good Saturday morning! I'm hoping to recover a little confidence after my self-binding frustration yesterday. The sad part of it was I was in the sewing room to make myself feel better about a frustrating situation with my husband. Maybe quilting shouldn't be my therapy :D. I just needed to feel like I had some ability to control my happiness, but instead I made a warm and adorable pizza-box quilt. After some encouraging words from the forum and a good night's sleep I'm ready to try again.

This Calvin and Hobbes might explain my "try again".

I hope everyone gets a little sunshine on this first full day of spring. I slept with the window open (a little chilly, but not too bad) and could hear birds singing this morning. Few things make me feel more optimistic than that!

Spiff
March 21st, 2015, 10:08 AM
Yesterday I needed two 2 1/2 squares of a fabric I knew I had in my "scrap" box. Well, I had fabric everywhere while I looked for it (did finally find it) and decided I really needed to organize my scraps! So I spent yesterday afternoon sorting - one pile of 2 1/2 inch strips, another pile of assorted other size strips (I see a string quilt in my future) and then the remaining stuff by colors. A lot of it was wrinkled up in balls so I started pressing the worse of it. Todays project is to finish light pressing on the really wrinkled stuff and then head off to the Dollar store to see what kind of tubs they have to store this in. Spent so much time sorting yesterday never did use those 2 1/2 squares.

Carrie J
March 21st, 2015, 10:28 AM
Good Morning All! :D

Up early today to keep an eye on the weather, flood warnings out. Most of the tributaries are past the 15ft stage, not expected to crest til after Monday. When watching the weather last night, we've had 21 days of dark, cloudy, rainy days. Pretty much a record for us here. At least the lakes are filling up quickly, they've been very low for the past three years. If the trip is put on hold, will scoot over and do some fabric shopping. That I'll get wet for, LOL! Hope everyone has a great weekend, off for coffee with the Hubs! :D

Monique
March 21st, 2015, 10:41 AM
Good morning. A little snow here but nothing major. Off to an Antique Show and Sale. Let us see what treasures we may find.

Have a great day everyone.

Panda
March 21st, 2015, 10:53 AM
Good morning all! HAPPY NATIONAL QUILTING DAY! I plan on getting some sewing done today and also go to Joann's to use my 4 60% off coupons, that is if I can find 4 things not on sale. First we have to clear away the snow we got yesterday.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs,
Kathy

buckeyequilter
March 21st, 2015, 11:52 AM

Good morning,

Not much sewing got done this week, had a gout flare-up. The foot is feeling much better today but I'm going to take it easy. Sitting in the living room with my foot propped up, ripping the quilting out of a quilt. At least that's getting done.

I have 2 tops that are almost finished and a baby quilt to make but those will have to wait, hopefully just another day or 2.

Well going to find something to eat and then back to being queen of the sofa :)

Have a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2015, 12:32 PM
I have to say that Shirley's Queen of the Sofa got me thinking:

MayinJerset
March 21st, 2015, 03:54 PM
Late getting here as it's after 2pm, was busy getting some soup made for family visiting later today. Hope they bring some goodies as we're 'all out.

Began snowing here around noon time yesterday and was still snowing when I got up at 7 and we had 6" at least. Really looks nice clean but I'm very happy the sun came out and melted the snow in the roads and walks.

light-of-midi
March 21st, 2015, 04:07 PM
Happy spring-greetings from Germany, too!
On Thursday I found the first violas! So now it's really springtime!

quiltingtrish
March 21st, 2015, 04:25 PM
IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS! After buying my Grace frame off Craig's List about 2 years ago, I finally got something put on it to try and do some free motion quilting. Granted I am using my Brother machine so that means I only have about a 4" area to do designs in but I don't care, IT WORKS! I really only had to play with the tension one time and the back looks better already. I think I will take some of my other regular sewing machines out of their areas and see what those throat spaces are - maybe I'll find something a little larger. It took me forever to load and pin everything yesterday so I'll just remember that when it comes time to do a quilt. As for now, I am excited. DH thought he didn't see me much before this, now I know I will spend more time downstairs using the whole set up. I even have some pantographs that came with it so someday I will have to figure those out. As for now, I am just happy I finally have something on it to try.
Snowed here too, May, and the warm air is melting it really fast. I'll send some of the sun your way. Of course the dog is trying to find the biggest snow pile that's out there and lays right in the middle of it. Hopefully this is the last we will see of the snow this year. It was fun having our last snow day for this year though. I love unexpected 3 day weekends.