PDA

View Full Version : .Snow Owl Tonight

MayinJerset
March 21st, 2015, 02:31 AM
We have close to 6 inches so I'm snow bound in my tree hole until the snow plow comes by,
Weatherman said when it's daylight it's going to get so warm and it will all melt away, I sure hope so as I don't have any food or goodies here in my hiding place. Spring have you forsaken us?

ilive2craft2
March 21st, 2015, 02:37 AM
Spring has sprung here - so sorry that old man winter is not leaving you alone! Supposed to be 60* and sunny here today.

Hang in there - spring has always arrived, sometimes just later than we hope for!

bubba
March 21st, 2015, 02:39 AM
Nary a flake on the west coast, however it did rain for a bit! When I finished my mustachioed Charlotte today, I started working on the lute again....let's just say it didn't go well. After dinner, we went to Joanns, well I did, he went to the office store next door. Using my 60% off coupon, I got a bolt of 101SF for $34, and I was quite pleased about that!

I went over to find him at the office store since he was not answering his phone, which is not unusual, and ended up looking at laptops. They really had a good deal on a Toshiba, but we ended up going to Costco and I got a new iPad instead. One with the most memory you can get, so I shouldn't have the problems I ran into w/the 16gb one. Even better, I sold my old one, so it's almost like I got the new one on sale, right?

Hope things warm up for you soon!!

Simply Quilting
March 21st, 2015, 02:55 AM
Spring is here for the moment. I'd share with you if I could. Our problem is in some ways the weather seems to have skipped the wet spring and went straight into a dry summer minus the high temperatures. The ground is really dry and making plenty of dust anytime something goes over it.

I finished up a table runner tonight. There were several quilting skills that I tried with it for the first time so I think it turned out okay. I've got one more table runner that I have to get finished by next weekend. Depending upon the day tomorrow, I am hoping to get the blocks cut out for it.

snippet
March 21st, 2015, 02:55 AM
Rainy day here, I love it! I've heard the wildflowers are blooming nearby. I can't wait to take a drive and see the lovely bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush.

MomGram
March 21st, 2015, 03:19 AM
Beautiful weather here. Kids are already in their shorts. Saw the movie Insurgent today excellent follow up to the first one. Going to read the third book now that the movie refreshed my memory of book two. Hoping for a sewing weekend. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

toggpine
March 21st, 2015, 04:37 AM
Well, I didn't think I'd be here tonight.

Barn cleaning got a later start than I hoped. I was done by 8 and came up to the house to see that although I had put dinner in the oven, no one (Hubby) had bothered to take it out. My guess is he fell asleep in the chair or got surfing the web and forgot to eat until Em said something to him about being hungry.
Thankfully the new 3 Qt enameled Dutch oven cleaned up very nicely, even with some pretty cooked-on stuff. I got the pot he wanted for my birthday. At least it is blue.

Now I'm waiting for the last 10 degrees on the milk to pasteurize. Then it's off to bed!

I do hope you have managed to stay warm Miss May and that all of your snow melts tomorrow!
Hugs, Cathy

bubba
March 21st, 2015, 04:46 AM
Hey Cathy, if you needed Seahawks fabric, Joanns in Tacoma has a ton of it!

kimsophia
March 21st, 2015, 09:46 PM
I rather boringly got a can of spray basting and a pair of machine quilting gloves with my Jo-Ann's coupons. I would have blown them on binding tape but it was already 40% off. At least I know now what color of that to buy, though, as I brought the quilt in to match it.
Is that a weird thing to do? I've done it before but I have never seen anybody else bringing things in to match colors there.

Sympathies to the folks who got snow for spring. I have one crocus blooming here in Iowa. It's up near the south side of the house, though, which is probably why it is blooming. Come on, spring!

toggpine
March 22nd, 2015, 01:42 AM
I didn't even go to J's today. Although I may venture there later for the $2 patterns. Maybe.