PDA

View Full Version : How To Select Fabric

Sharyn J
March 20th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Sometimes I have a pattern in mind and then select the color and fabrics. Other times, I find a neat fabric and decide what I want to make. And then, there's the grandkids, who always seem to like something special.

My eldest GD will be 20 soon and I'll be 70 soon. It's odd, but we seem to like the same odd movies, same odd fabrics, same odd things in general. We take a lot of flack from other "more-in-the-middle-of-the-road" family folks. So, today we found a new fabric for a tote or bag and we both jumped with glee over our "odd" choice.

Minions, got to have Minions!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/221920436/brand-new-not-yet-released-despicable-me?ref=also_bought

Quiltfreestyle
March 20th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Ohhh!! I love the minions?? I wonder if this will be available at regular LQS... Didn't see which manufacturer it came from..

Sylvia H
March 20th, 2015, 04:39 PM
That is great! A meeting of the minds across generations. Once, when my daughter and I were shopping (she was in HS or college), we found we like the same pair of shoes. Daughter was VERY upset! hehehe

Sandy Navas
March 20th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Love it! Does anyone else think they remind them of Twinkies? Long live the Twinkies. Long live Minions.

Hulamoon
March 20th, 2015, 05:48 PM
I love that! I can see that with some denim for a bag to hold Twinkies.

KPH
March 20th, 2015, 05:53 PM
My GS would LOVE a Minion quilt, pillow case, cape, DVD. It's a delight to hear him call out "Minions Grandma, Minions."

Katrina

Midge
March 20th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Love it! Does anyone else think they remind them of Twinkies? Long live the Twinkies. Long live Minions.

Love the minions, but I have to draw the line at Twinkies. I don't trust a foodlike substance that doesn't spoil. :icon_heh:

Carrie J
March 20th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Absolutely LOVE the Minions, and Sandy, if your mouth is full of Twinkies......you kinda talk like 'em, LOL!!!!

Carlie Wolf
March 21st, 2015, 10:07 AM
Well that gave me a good laugh this morning. I like it too :icon_woot:

soul60s
March 21st, 2015, 10:53 AM
I don't fit the "norm" either. I love all color when most like "traditionals". My living room was red. Not hurt your eyes red but a deep red. My fireplace is tiled in red onyx. Google it. Not your typical tile but it is 100% natural with movement. I love quirky hippy things.