PDA

View Full Version : Room Service

auntiemern
March 20th, 2015, 12:15 PM
DH is doing rather well considering. However...he is under the false impression, that our home has room service. You see, the hospital did have room service...which he rather enjoyed. You know...tell ME to call and order breakfast, lunch, dinner, and various snacks. For some reason he thinks it works the same way here. Except for I have to also cook and prepare what his majesty wants.
I am not used to all of that. I have a very difficult time with my hands. They have lupus blisters and skin tears, from bumping them, which makes it difficult for me to grasp or open anything. But we are managing. I just need to remind occasionally, that I am his wife...not room service.

KathyCrofoot
March 20th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Aw Marilyn, you're going through a patch... Remember to take care of yourself! If you don't where would everyone else be? Sounds like you'll be ready for a little break next week huh?

K. McEuen
March 20th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Tell him if he expects room service that he better be prepared to tip well or else you might spit in his food. ;)

toggpine
March 20th, 2015, 01:11 PM
I have a cast iron skillet you can use.

It ought to knock him out long enough for you to take a nap.

Sending you hugs and prayers for patience! C

KPH
March 20th, 2015, 01:25 PM
I hope you both feel better!

SuzyQue
March 20th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Hang in there. It might be tough today and tougher tomorrow, but eventually it will be better. (or at least that is what I keep trying to convince myself!)

WendyI
March 20th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Oh man...try not to use the pillows on him! Hang in there and make sure to take care of yourself.

Iris Girl
March 20th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Hang in there Marilyn. I think most men think there is room service and maid service at home. I often remind mine he marroied me for a wife not maid service. Sometimes he even remembers that.

MayinJerset
March 20th, 2015, 05:12 PM
You need to put a bill when you deliver his next order and make sure you add a 50% tip!

Sandy Navas
March 20th, 2015, 05:33 PM
If he can get up to go to the bathroom he can make it to the kitchen and open the refrigerator door.

auntiemern
March 20th, 2015, 08:54 PM
If he can get up to go to the bathroom he can make it to the kitchen and open the refrigerator door.
He doesn't have to go to the bathroom...it is currently attached to him.

kensington
March 21st, 2015, 03:06 AM
I suggest you do the same thing they do at the hospital... give him a menu of the available food items that he can choose from for tomorrows meals... all microwavable.

LOL.

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2015, 10:19 AM
He doesn't have to go to the bathroom...it is currently attached to him.

Oh, I thought he was normal and had two ends . . . but if you aren't feeding him maybe he's not using that one either . . .

GrammaBabs
March 21st, 2015, 11:18 AM
Oh you gals are tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

irishrn
March 21st, 2015, 11:33 AM
I know the feeling of being the home care nurse, cook, and maid! It's my life.
I hope your DH gets better soon! It's wearing on the body day after day!
Hugs to you!

auntiemern
March 21st, 2015, 12:01 PM
Oh, I thought he was normal and had two ends . . . but if you aren't feeding him maybe he's not using that one either . . .
The other end is currently not working either from all the pain meds. Giving prune juice and colace to rectify that. Joy oh joy.