PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with me?

g8dhorse7
March 19th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Here I am in Mexico staying on a beautiful beach, surrounded by sand and sea, gorgeous beautiful sunny days and all I can think about is fabric and sewing. Oh, how I miss my machine! I haven't sewn a thing since November and I think I'm going through withdrawals. I can't wait to pull Juju out of the closet when I get back and open all the fabric packages that are waiting for me. I've at least been able to purchase fabric online while I've been abroad. Lol

bubba
March 19th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Oh! Have you been down there all winter? When we were in Hawaii last year for a month, it was driving me crazy too! At least I had bought a crap ton of fabric the first day we were there, so I would get that out and fondle it and think about the quilt it was going to become.....someday soon, I hope!

Hulamoon
March 19th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Iv'e had a long break too. But I got my bite in the butt get this house together thing happening. So relax and enjoy and come back refreshed:)

cyndiofthevortex
March 19th, 2015, 09:14 PM
I was there a few years ago for a week and I swear all I did was look for a place to buy some fabric to remember the trip by!

Sandy Navas
March 19th, 2015, 09:26 PM
I'll be happy to trade places . . . come on up!! You pay the airfare though????????

Terry L
March 19th, 2015, 09:47 PM
Oh my gosh women !!! You are in one of my all time favorite places to be. I love Playa Del Carmen one of the best places to go scuba diving. How much longer are you there for?? I understand about the withdrawal, for me it's been about 5 days and my machine is just in the other room. My back has gone out and I can't sit for any length of time BUT I am getting better :) Try to enjoy all that beauty

Grandma Nan
March 19th, 2015, 10:37 PM
I have also been in a real slump as far as my sewing. I took my sewing machine on holidays with me and I was doing great but then the passing of my step motherinlaw, rush home, then my mom got really sick and her passing, then I have the flu (3 weeks now) and have been completely unable to sew. I at least am getting my interest back. Frankly I was just too sick to even think about it. I have one quilt left to hand bind so going to do that for the next couple of days and I think I can ease back next week.

I have really had some great planning time and eager to get going again. Glad the slump seems to be lifting. I think sewing will be good therapy for me.

dlsnaples
March 20th, 2015, 02:24 AM
I have finally gotten smart and take something to hand sew. We never leave the house without my basket with some quilt pieces to sew, a crochet project, some knitting and graph paper with colored pencils. I may take that quote about idle hands too seriously. Lol

snippet
March 20th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Trade places with me.

WendyI
March 20th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Oh man...you have got problems!! LOL! I haven't sewn a thing since December. Just not feeling creative these days. I do miss it but if I was on that beach with you the LAST thing you'd be thinking of is quilting!! LOL! ENJOY the BEACH! FOR ME!!

g8dhorse7
March 20th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Oh my gosh women !!! You are in one of my all time favorite places to be. I love Playa Del Carmen one of the best places to go scuba diving. How much longer are you there for?? I understand about the withdrawal, for me it's been about 5 days and my machine is just in the other room. My back has gone out and I can't sit for any length of time BUT I am getting better :) Try to enjoy all that beauty

Yes, PDC is a wonderful place! So much so.....we are going to return this November for 6 months. I'll have my machine and fabric with me next time!

g8dhorse7
March 20th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Oh man...you have got problems!! LOL! I haven't sewn a thing since December. Just not feeling creative these days. I do miss it but if I was on that beach with you the LAST thing you'd be thinking of is quilting!! LOL! ENJOY the BEACH! FOR ME!!

Come on down, Wendy! Just about everyone I chat with on the beach is from Canada. Our month stay here ends on the 31st when we travel back to the states For 2 1/2 months then we are off again. I have so any purses and bags and quilts to work on.

g8dhorse7
March 20th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Sorry for your losses, GNan. I understand the lack of desire during emotionally heavy times. I hope you feel better soon and get your mojo back. Sitting in my sewing room, drinking hot tea and just looking at my fabric got me through a couple of rough times. My thoughts are with you.

MRoy
March 20th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Since I seldom get to go on any kind of vacation at all, I'd love to have your dilemma. I don't think sewing would ever cross my mind.

alliek
March 21st, 2015, 03:24 PM
That is just what I need! A warm beach, sunshine, and me. I'd probably be thinking of fabric and sewing some of the time. BUT, oh my it sounds grand.