PDA

View Full Version : Forgott my age....for a while but it came back to bite me! :-)

Swedish leo
March 19th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Ok, I was out on the night walk with my dog.

I saw a bunch of ladys standing around a tree and a german sheppard puppy dog tied around a seccond tree a bit away.

Hm.. I think they are trying to cox down a scared cat. I aproch and ask if I could help.
I do not think they can play the cat down, not with the dog that scared him in the first place so close by.
Wich was what they attempted to do.

They imedatley agreed. So I ( in momentarly amnesia about my age ( 46 ) ) said,
If someone would give me a boost I will claim up and get the cat down.

They did, I got up and got the cat. I dropped the cat down from a lower hight to the arms of the owner.
wich imedatly let the cat go, The cat took the long leg up towards the forrest and was loon gone before I managed to climb down.

They were very impressed that I could climb trees. I kept my cool and said that it was not my first tree to climb.
We said our godbyes and home I and my dog went.

Now I sitting here with a shaky and hurting body but rather pleased with my self that I still can clilmb trees.
Even thou to a cost but none the less!

And the cat is free.

Annika

GrandmaE
March 19th, 2015, 06:40 PM
So good of you to help. I would think I could still climb also but then the thought of the trip back down would cross my mind and I would have to tell myself no way old lady. I have a few years on you but you win in the bravery department.

Andrea F
March 19th, 2015, 06:46 PM
So nice of you to help! And I'm very impressed!

(says the soon-to-be 48 year old that can't climb a tree even if her life depends upon it)

Doloris
March 19th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I think even at the ripe old age of 63 I would probably have done the same thing.

bubba
March 19th, 2015, 07:06 PM
I have not climbed a tree since I was in high school! Growing up, my best friends house had a ginourmous holly tree that we used to climb. I don't know whose idea it was to take her dog up in it one day, but we didn't see that dog again for about a week after she fell out of it! Another day her and I were sitting up in the plum tree eating plums (we were not supposed to climb the plum tree and soon found out why!) when all of a sudden we hear CRACK and we went crashing to the ground! I don't know how we missed the neighbors picket fence, so I'm sure it was just dumb luck. Turns out the tree was rotten, at least parts of it, but nobody explained that part to us till after! How we survived our childhoods, I have no clue....

shirleyknot
March 19th, 2015, 07:11 PM
I'm 67 and still climb the apple tree for those last few apples at the top. Long hot soak and a glass of wine, dear.

shawnan
March 19th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Hurray for the tree climbers of the world! Given the right tree, I might (emphasis on "might") try it again, but don't bet your money too fast.

Nancy

Navy Wife
March 19th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Fortunately, at 77, I am afraid of heights. I haven't climbed a tree since I was 6, and it was a small peach tree. They only grow about 8 feet tall!

SallyO'Sews
March 19th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Oh, Annika, I am so sorry, but your story made me laugh! Hope you're feeling better now, and that your pet rescue days are over. :D

Neller
March 19th, 2015, 10:43 PM
I like your daring! good for you!

Dessert Lady
March 19th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Good for you! I would like to think that at almost 50 I could still climb a tree if I had too.

stationarymom
March 20th, 2015, 12:38 AM
Annika you have all kinds of talents,i never would have attempted to climb the tree I haven't been in one since elementary school.

BellasQuilts
March 20th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Annika, what a hoot! I would have been up there with you!

dlsnaples
March 20th, 2015, 02:19 AM
You are a good soul. Now you have bragging rights to your kids and friends.

WendyI
March 20th, 2015, 10:24 AM
wow! That's totally cool! I just turned 49 and no way would you catch me climbing a tree! Good on you for helping that poor wee kitty! Wonder if it ever found its way back home again!?

Granny Judy
March 20th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I loved tree climbing..... but will hesitate now I am 72 and haven't climb anything higher than a 3 step ladder in a decade.
Remembering "I once was a dare-devil tree climber and no one could match me."

Swedish leo
March 23rd, 2015, 05:36 AM
Note to my self

Remember to NOT climb any more trees!!

Luckily enough I have an appointment with my massage person to morrow.
He will put my back in order again!

Blondie
March 23rd, 2015, 06:08 AM
My goodness, Annika! I am enjoying my first cuppa and first smile of the morning. Bravery and helpfulness are wonderful attributes to have. You have both in spades along with many other gifts.

Thank you for being so swell.

easyquilts
March 23rd, 2015, 06:12 AM
Good for you!

Bubby
March 23rd, 2015, 09:25 AM
That's a cute story, Annika! I can no longer climb trees, jump on one foot or skip. It makes me sad that my hopscotch days are over with and probably jump rope, too. I can still run and play kickball with the Girls. Stay as active as you can everyone!

Annika, were you wearing your blue hair?? If so, they probably thought a Super Heroine flew in to help them with the cat.

Swedish leo
March 23rd, 2015, 09:58 AM
That's a cute story, Annika! I can no longer climb trees, jump on one foot or skip. It makes me sad that my hopscotch days are over with and probably jump rope, too. I can still run and play kickball with the Girls. Stay as active as you can everyone!

Annika, were you wearing your blue hair?? If so, they probably thought a Super Heroine flew in to help them with the cat.

Ha ha ha no, I am back to normal hair!

irishrn
March 23rd, 2015, 07:30 PM
I'll be 65 in 2 weeks and I am all excited to get Medicare! climbing a tree would scare me to death!!
But good for you if you can still do it!