PDA

View Full Version : HOW ASPARAGUS GOT ITS NAME

SallyO'Sews
March 19th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Well, I guess my mother was right - you do learn something new every day! Enjoy!

HOW ASPARAGUS GOT ITS NAME

A young child was asked to write a school report on the New Testament. Here is what he wrote;
The New Testament in a nutshell

Jesus is the star of The New Testament. He was born in Bethlehem in a barn. (I wish I had been born in a barn too, because my mum is always saying to me, "Close the door! Were you born in a barn?" It would be nice to say, ''As a matter of fact, I was.''
During His life, Jesus had many arguments with sinners like the Pharisees and the Republicans. Jesus also had twelve opossums. The worst one was Judas Asparagus. Judas was so evil that they named a terrible vegetable after him.

Jesus was a great man. He healed many leopards and even preached to some Germans on the Mount. But the Democrats and all those men, put Jesus on trial before Pontius the Pilot. Pilot didn't stick up for Jesus. He just washed his hands instead. Anyway, Jesus died for our sins, then came back to life again. He went up to heaven but will be back at the end of the Aluminum. His return was foretold in the book of Revolution.

Sandy Navas
March 19th, 2015, 10:57 AM
I'll never look at a tall, green spiky vegetable again without calling it Judas.

Carrie J
March 19th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Does that include Salary Sandy?

YellowCockatiel
March 19th, 2015, 11:10 AM
LOL - cute story.

Granny Fran
March 19th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Just too funny for words. I do, however, love asparagus no matter what you call it.

songbird857
March 19th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Hahahahaha :)

shirleyknot
March 19th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Judas with Hollandais..................:icon_cool:

dwil23
March 19th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a "Veggie Tale"!