PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Shop Hop and Expo

TMP
March 16th, 2015, 12:30 PM

My daughter and I went to the original sewing and quilt expo in Atlanta last week. The expo seemed to be more geared to sewing rather than quilting, so we did the quilt shop hop in the Atlanta area. We did 7 shops in one day.
They have the most awesome shops and the people were so friendly. Free goodie bags, refreshments ect
It was so much fun. Cant wait to go next year.

TMP
March 16th, 2015, 12:34 PM
More goodies

LynneLeavell
March 16th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I usually do the Shop Hop each year, but this year I was not able to do it. I did visit two stores in my area but as far as all of them I did not do. Next year they had better watch out I will be going in full force.

KnitWitRosie
March 16th, 2015, 04:49 PM
WOW!!! You got yourself some awesome goodies!!!

My mom and I are heading to the same expo (Original Sewing & Quilting) here in Cleveland next week. She's a sewer and I'm a sewer/quilter, so there should be plenty to keep us both occupied (at least for a little while). Lol.

Quiltfreestyle
March 16th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Jackpot!! I particularly like the fabric with the names of the quilt blocks. Can you tell me the manufacturer??

TMP
March 16th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Quiltfreestyle , the fabric is mama said sew by Sweetwater for Moda Pattern # 5491

Kajenkids
March 16th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I miss my Atlanta stores! Did you get to Intown Quilters? That's a great store if you are looking for a bright color. Love the Marietta shops too

TMP
March 16th, 2015, 10:29 PM
We live outside of Birmingham and we don't have a LQS, so this was a real treat for us. Yes, we did go to Intown Quilters.
I bought a Mondo bag pattern and supplies to make at Cotton Tail Quilts in Kennesaw. What nice people one of the lady
there said she taught the class and pulled out a box and went thru the steps of making the bag for me and told me to call if I had any problems. Every shop we went into the people were so nice and helpful. I can't wait to go back next year.

Kajenkids
March 16th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Cottontail is a really great shop too. If you do any of the Row By Row shops in the Atlanta area, don't miss Thread Bear in Cumming and Betty Sue's in Flowery Branch.