PDA

View Full Version : Our Home On The Prairie

janbee
March 16th, 2015, 09:24 AM
This is a moving update. We are here. We moved during a snow storm. It snowed for 4 days straight after we moved. I contracted double pneumonia and am still recovering from that strain on my body. Yesterday my husband got the ceiling fan, and window blinds installed in my sewing room. I cranked up my Ellegante and sewed curtains for the kitchen and my sewing room. Today my daughter and I will start hanging pictures and finishing up the decorating details. I love my house in this tiny farming community. My husband calls it our Home On The Prairie. Downsizing has been a challenge. We went from 2200 sq ft to 1500 sq ft. I am loving the idea of spending less time cleaning and more time quilting and sewing. Also, it is so much fun seeing our grand kids every day and attending their activities. Retirement is on the horizon for my husband. He and I are looking forward to more time together. He will continue to work some but not nearly as many hours as he has in the past. I am thankful for my fabric stash as our income will be greatly diminished but I think I have enough fabric to keep me busy for several years without spending a penny. lol I have missed keeping up with everyone on this forum.

Bubby
March 16th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks for checking in. Moving is such a HUGE job ( with or without snow) and downsizing is difficult. It's good you will have a sewing room! Check in when you can.

Sandy Navas
March 16th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Hoping you feel totally recovered from your pneumonia soon - trying to settle in when you aren't well is . . . the PITS.

MRoy
March 16th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Welcome back! Take good care of yourself. Moving is hard enough when you're well. I'm glad you're liking your new "little house on the prairie".

songbird857
Sounds like a little piece of heaven!! (well, not the Pneumonia part...) Enjoy your new place and time with hubby :)

asta
Hope you are feeling in tip top condition soon! The move is sure to take a tole on you but being close to those grandchildren must be a pleasure.