PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunday

Ginny B
March 15th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone. It was a busy but fun morning for us yesterday. We watched our 16 month old grandson for a few hours and boy does that child have a lot of energy. :) He is a happy little guy and loved exploring here. After he left, dh did the grocery shopping and I did some housework and then finished three tablerunners that I will deliver today when we meet some friends this afternoon for dinner. I was so tired by the end of the day and slept great.

I should spend a bit of time in my sewing room straightening up and seeing what's next on my list. Maybe I will have some time to put together a few more blocks for my lattice quilt. We will see what the morning will bring.

Have a terrific day all

Sandy Navas
March 15th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Hi there, Ginny!

We, too, are enjoying the sunshine and warmer weather. We did a bit of straightening around here yesterday. I even sat at the Featherweight and continued working on my homespun rag quilt - sewed only fix blocks together before I realized I was out of bobbin thread. Ahhhh.

We got out in the afternoon and took an old-timer's ride around to enjoy the countryside. Even wound up in Empire Prairie for a bit - that's sort of a joke around here. There's one home and our local TV station always reports the weather from Empire Prairie. Saw a couple huge brush fires - that's been a big issue here. There is an open-burn time but the weather is truly not favorable to be burning - too dry and way too much wind. Wise up there, peeps.

Best get off here as Al is trying to 'clean' house. Showing this morning.

Bubby
March 15th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Good Morning Ginny and Everyone,

It's going to be another sunny day here. All of our ice and snow are gone and the mud is beginning to dry out some. What a winter this has been for so many across our country. Many are still going through the ice/snow/flooding struggles and my heart goes out to them.

No sewing going on here lately. Tomorrow Jeff begins outpatient physical therapy. I guess we will be keeping the road hot for a few more weeks.

Ginny, isn't it incredible how much energy it takes to keep up with toddlers!!

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

Bubby
March 15th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Sandy...Good luck on your showing.

quiltingtrish
March 15th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Sandy - where are you moving to? Any closer to PA? Just asking.
Very windy here too today. Thankfully it is Sunday and that's off limits to burn which most people abide by but there are always knuckleheads that try anyways.
Did finish the table runner yesterday and started in on getting the leaders on the frame. It came with dowel rods but they were too thick to push thru the leaders or even fit in the slots on the poles. Found a piece of plastic tubing about 6" long that worked! So, ran to the hardware store for 30 feet of it. Got the tubing almost on one pole and there is a connector ring on the pole - came upstairs around 9 last night frustrated and told DH he is needed. I am bad at figuring things out and he is a whiz, so hopefully this week I can get back to it. I have 6 quilt tops ready to quilt.
Off to Dad's today - looking forward to seeing him.
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
March 15th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Sandy - where are you moving to? Any closer to PA? Just asking.
Hugs,

Absolutely no idea . . . I understand there are a lot of homes available in Mexico (that's a joke, okay . . . I am not PC).

LRM
March 15th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Good morning. I've been out counting calves. We have 16 of 39 here -- so cute!

I have many projects waiting, but have to pay the piper and get ready for work tomorrow. I've been on spring break and didn't score any student work. I need to give them feedback and scores before I see them tomorrow afternoon (I'm a prof). I am usually really good about scoring as soon as work is turned in, but for the past week I've sewed and played with my daughter visiting from IN.

I also will be doing yard work today. Temps will be in the mid 70s (about 15 degrees above normal) and so I'm trimming all the raspberries back today. Good thing I have rose gloves that are long and will protect me from all the thorns on the berries.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Angelia
March 15th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Absolutely no idea . . . I understand there are a lot of homes available in Mexico (that's a joke, okay . . . I am not PC).

Maybe you should buy the house in Empire Prairie--you could get your own personalized weather report that way. :)

MayinJerset
March 15th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Sandy a ride in the countryside seems like a good idea to me, we'll do that and stop for lunch and food shop on the way back.

Still working on 2 doll quilts, it is taking so long with too much up and down to sew then press, not like sewing a lot of blocks and pressing them at the same time. I also did some sewing area clean up as the mess was getting to me so maybe the clean area will inspire me to finish the little quilts.

shirleyknot
March 15th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I actually have sunshine today. Been so long it scared me a bit at first................

RockinLou
March 15th, 2015, 02:06 PM
What a busy day here! I was so tired by 5 pm that I took an afternoon nap!

I got up this morning and peeled the shells from the eggs I boiled last night to make egg salad. I love hard boiled eggs, but I despise peeling them!! Then we had breakfast, and after I showered I prepped dinner and stuck it in the crock pot, a beef roast. It over cooked and turned out only mediocre... But there will be some sandwiches from it regardless this week. We are missing our cold cuts from the deli counter...

Then I took my DD to see a 'butterfly exhibit' at a high end mall here, and it was a huge let down. She enjoyed it but it was nothing like I had imagined, I felt bad for the few butterflies who appeared to maybe be alive... At least it was a free event or I would have been upset! There were beautiful finches, parakeets and a cute hedgehog, but not more than 3 butterflies. Anyhow, after that we had some coffee together and chatted about some serious business, and some fun stuff. It was a good girls morning.
We got home and had lunch, then I attempted to sit and sew but DH wanted to hash out some things that we've been irritating each other with recently, so I didn't get to see. Then I took my son out because we needed milk and he'd felt left out this morning. When I got home from that DH took the kids to the playground while I did the dishes and set the table, then we had an early dinner and bath time... At which point I realized it was 5:15, we were an hour ahead of schedule and I was exhausted, so I took a nap! It was glorious!
I sewed until bedtime, tucked the kids in, minutes later there was the earthquake, and then I finally got to sew!!
Now, I'm going to bed, because just thinking about my day makes me tired again....

MayinJerset
March 16th, 2015, 12:21 AM
Yes, go back to bed as you deserve it!